Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Review About BuyShared
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Review About BuyShared

Hi

Im client with them since 10 JAN 2019 , i run a few domains into my shared account.

I have been with GoDaddy,HostGator and with other big companies but I have never been satisfied with them , with cases of slow support,downtime everyday etc.

What i recommend about BuyShared ?
1. Uptime 100% , my sites has never been down sice im with them.
2. Fast Support , Very Friendly
3. Very very cheap prices i paid $13/anually for a 5GB space with unmetered bw.
4. They wont never lie you about what they give it to you.
5. Very fast servers CPU-s , my sites loading page are very fast.

At least i recommend everyone to Join with buyshared.net , this is just a personal review and I wish them further work and keep this beautiful work like it is :smile:

Regards

Comments

• Fran services are prem..

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited August 2020

BuyShared and BuyVM are my kind of twinsies!
    Always working, and if something does happen - support takes care of it in a matter of minutes.
    Also it does help that Fran is in there, cause... well... stability :-P Someone gotta keep them twinsies in check.

• sonicsonic Veteran

No doubt about your reviews.

• I stopped reading after the 100% uptime thing

• $13 annual package, and can make a review about friendly and fast support.

:/

• @Francisco is a sexy man. His towel dance will continue to part of my happy memories.

Thanked by 2TheKiller sirluis
  • +1 for frantech...

• Tell us something we don't know.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Jorbox said: I stopped reading after the 100% uptime thing

Yeah, all props to @Francisco for a great service but this is simply untrue. Still, for what you pay, I have no complaints for the three or four nines I've experienced.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: Yeah, all props to @Francisco for a great service but this is simply untrue.

Which is fair :) Uptime's good, but not 100%, not really possible once you get a good handful of accounts into your httpd.conf.

It's possible he has Cloudflare doing a lot of caching that smooths out the restarts that happen.

Anyway, thanks! I think it's a solid product, especially at this price point.

Francisco

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2020

@G4SHI

Nice review. As stated above 100% uptime is not possible there are server restarts, patching, and httpd.conf updates when someone adds domains, and other tit-bit server-side and network (data transfer) things that can give you 99.99% uptime and even bit less than that, but it is also OK for non-critical sites/applications. What you should look for consistence, smooth performance for your admin-side and client-side website - where Buyshared (my old cPanel and now at least DA node) really out performs other "cheap priced" low end and even few premium shared hosts which advertise "turbo servers" or other tech-savvy terms.

My Hetrix shows 99.98% uptime for past 6 months (which is more than acceptable for cheaper shared host) and 100% uptime for past 35 days (wow)!

BuyShared's really good at performance & reliablity. Though more than 12 months back the TTFB was bit higher but its not the issue now-a-days. They're catching my Ramnode performance (fast loading sites) that too at a cheaper cost, plus quick support, and many-a-times Francisco takes an instant look at the ticket if buzzed him on Discord. He is quite transparent about if any thing goes wrong at server-side/network or if he forgets to tweak or switch on/off some feature in LS, etc. Plus He's quick to act.

Soon they'll be getting Ryzen on DA nodes (some nodes are already on Ryzen) so a faster CPU can definitely help wordpress (buggy admin) and wordpress sites to load quicker than on E5.

damn it will be a solid product I'm going to stick too!

Thanked by 1sureiam
  • miumiu Member

Never any problem with Frantech/BuyVM, i am also 100% happy their user, very good services, thanks.

• @JasonM said:
    @G4SHI

Nice review. As stated above 100% uptime is not possible there are server restarts, patching, and httpd.conf updates when someone adds domains, and other tit-bit server-side and network (data transfer) things that can give you 99.99% uptime and even bit less than that, but it is also OK for non-critical sites/applications. What you should look for consistence, smooth performance for your admin-side and client-side website - where Buyshared (my old cPanel and now at least DA node) really out performs other "cheap priced" low end and even few premium shared hosts which advertise "turbo servers" or other tech-savvy terms.

My Hetrix shows 99.98% uptime for past 6 months (which is more than acceptable for cheaper shared host) and 100% uptime for past 35 days (wow)!

BuyShared's really good at performance & reliablity. Though more than 12 months back the TTFB was bit higher but its not the issue now-a-days. They're catching my Ramnode performance (fast loading sites) that too at a cheaper cost, plus quick support, and many-a-times Francisco takes an instant look at the ticket if buzzed him on Discord. He is quite transparent about if any thing goes wrong at server-side/network or if he forgets to tweak or switch on/off some feature in LS, etc. Plus He's quick to act.

Soon they'll be getting Ryzen on DA nodes (some nodes are already on Ryzen) so a faster CPU can definitely help wordpress (buggy admin) and wordpress sites to load quicker than on E5.

damn it will be a solid product I'm going to stick too!

I agree with you but still for me its 100% Uptime , and im very happy with them so thats the reason i writed this , cheers buddy :kissing_heart:

• Apart from the damn good uptime,
    Just to add to this, they even have mailchannels relay which they don't even advertise.
    I think if Fran gets serious, he could very well take on the big guys out there.

@evnix said:
    Apart from the damn good uptime,
    Just to add to this, they even have mailchannels relay which they don't even advertise.
    I think if Fran gets serious, he could very well take on the big guys out there.

I think I'll need to redo our plans a bit.

BuyShared needs a new website and more love. I've put all my effort into Slices/Slabs as of late :)

We'll see if I find a designer wanting to take it on.

Francisco

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha JasonM
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited August 2020

@evnix said: he could very well take on the big guys out there

AWS, Google, Azure, and coming soon...BuyCloud?

• Uptime is more than acceptable for the price, love buyshared.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@raindog308 said:

@evnix said: he could very well take on the big guys out there

AWS, Google, Azure, and coming soon...BuyCloud?

Hourly billing, or some form of it, would likely come about if I get forced off WHMCS.

There'd be no reason to go through the effort of building billing into stallion and not support it.

Francisco

• I was very excited to try new Ryzen node with Direct Admin in LV location. Support team was really helpful and moved almost 13 accounts from Cpanel to DA. Later when connecting from WHMCS, I came to know that auto login like cpanel is not supported. Hence I was forced to revert back to cpanel itself. My clients just wanted to login through whmcs and not by putting in the password on DA login page. Losing clients in this Covid19 time is hard. Hence I miss the Ryzen babe

@Intelpentium0 said:
    I was very excited to try new Ryzen node with Direct Admin in LV location. Support team was really helpful and moved almost 13 accounts from Cpanel to DA. Later when connecting from WHMCS, I came to know that auto login like cpanel is not supported. Hence I was forced to revert back to cpanel itself. My clients just wanted to login through whmcs and not by putting in the password on DA login page. Losing clients in this Covid19 time is hard. Hence I miss the Ryzen babe

I put in a feature request to DirectAdmin for that actually:

https://feedback.directadmin.com/b/feature-requests/better-login-url-handling-for-whmcs-integration/

Francisco

• What about Blesta? Is there any one click login for DA clients from Blesta?

Modules garden has an extended module for whmcs and its a commercial one with yearly payment. Cpanel and whmcs is same company. Right?

@Intelpentium0 said:
    What about Blesta? Is there any one click login for DA clients from Blesta?

Modules garden has an extended module for whmcs and its a commercial one with yearly payment. Cpanel and whmcs is same company. Right?

DA is lacking the ability to generate the SSO links.

Francisco

• @Francisco If i want to install Blesta on LV DA node I should use installation from Softaculous (DA panel) or get free license from Frantech (my account)? What's the exact procedure?

@JasonM said:
    @Francisco If i want to install Blesta on LV DA node I should use installation from Softaculous (DA panel) or get free license from Frantech (my account)? What's the exact procedure?

Either option requires you get the license through our WHMCS.

All the softaculous installer does is handles SQL and storing the files.

When you try to login to Blesta it'll ask you to provide the license key that you get from our billing panel.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Francisco said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    What about Blesta? Is there any one click login for DA clients from Blesta?

DA is lacking the ability to generate the SSO links.

Francisco

Hm.. did you try API for this? https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2510

For example, URL with 1-time use:
    POST /CMD_LOGIN_KEYS (OR CMD_API_LOGIN_KEYS)

Data (json=yes needed only for CMD_LOGIN_KEYS to output response in JSON):
    max_uses: 1
    clear_key: yes
    allow_htm: yes
    passwd: 7KccTAjf
    json: yes
    action: create
    type: one_time_url
    select_allow0: ALL_USER