Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need suggestions for backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need suggestions for backup

mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

Can anyone help me find a host that offers Reseller hosting backup? Currently, I have a reseller account with a company, but I am afraid about my client's website backup. My current Reseller host says that they are taking backup daily into a second hard drive, but that doesn't satisfy me if something happen to the server. Is there any host that backup all the data to a remote server?

Comments

• I'd never fully trust the provider's backup - provider can go bankrupt, be shut down by authorities, etc.

• Can't you backup to FTP or other, generic protocol? I believe @Ympker backups to 1Fichier via FTP.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Can't you backup to FTP or other, generic protocol? I believe @Ympker backups to 1Fichier via FTP.

I no longer have a 1Fichier sub (switched to Koofr) but I did use 1Fichier FTP for backup. No issues and hella cheap :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Reseller host says that they are taking backup daily

Most terrible solution to backup the data to the same server on the same network.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@mywebhosting said:
    Can anyone help me find a host that offers Reseller hosting backup? Currently, I have a reseller account with a company, but I am afraid about my client's website backup. My current Reseller host says that they are taking backup daily into a second hard drive, but that doesn't satisfy me if something happen to the server. Is there any host that backup all the data to a remote server?

The solution would be to switch reseller web hosts ;)
    We backup our accounts remotely every day to a completely remote server on a completely different network. Having said that, you should always try to retain your own backups just in case the worst happens.

• use backblaze b2 cloud storage to backup your data.

• You can use my backup script with any ftp provider.

https://github.com/jetchirag/remote-backup-cpanel-php

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • How much data are you looking to backup ?

You could rent a server from kimsurfi or soyoustart to backup to

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited August 2020

Using a soyoustart server to backup data and another hetzner server to keep a backup of my backup lol. Another recommendation would be for liteserver backup vps.

• buy a storage vps from inceptionhosting and install ftp server

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

You should always have a minimum of 2 backups. One can be local or local network (or provider offered backup), second should be off-site. Off-site I recommend b2/backblaze. There's a crapton off scripts you can use to backup to b2. You can backup to your local or network storage, then push that on a schedule to b2.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If you are using CPanel then I would recommend whmeasybackup.com

It works just fine.

• Backup on personal computers or servers is always important to prevent permanent data loss. Therefore getting to know different backup tools is very important especially for System Administrators who work with large amounts of enterprise-level data and even on personal computers.
    Many backup tools have different features that allow users to configure the type of backup, time of backup, what to backup, logging backup activities and many more.

The primary backup features are:
    • Compression
    • 256-bit AES Encryption
    • Scheduled backup
    • Incremental backup
    • Command-line interface
    • Retention policy and more.

we shall take a look at outstanding backup tools that you can use on Linux servers or systems.

1) Rsync
    It is a command-line backup tool popular among Linux users especially System Administrators. It feature-rich including incremental backups, update whole directory tree and file system, both local and remote backups, preserves file permissions, ownership, links and many more.
    It also has a graphical user interface called Grsync but one advantage with the rsync is that backups can be automated using scripts and cron jobs when used by experienced System Administrators on the command line.

2) Fwbackups
    It is free and open-source software which is cross-platform and feature-rich and users can contribute to its development or just participate in testing it. It has an intuitive interface that allows users to do backups easily.
    It has features such as:
    1. Simple interface
    2. Flexibility in the backup configuration
    3. Remote backups
    4. Backup an entire file system
    5. Exclude files and directories plus many more

Honorable Mention – https://cloudminister.com
    Cloud Minister Technologies for Linux is a cross-platform cloud backup solution with advanced backup configuration settings and providing total security of data.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Get your self a Synology NAS at home and backup to it...

• nasernaser Member
    edited August 2020

i dont like pay extra fee for backup service, i do backup on my own using ftp and cpanel database one's a week and save them on my own PC and second one for just in case upload it to my google drive. >>> Small sites

• @mywebhosting said:
    Is there any host that backup all the data to a remote server?

Remote or not, you should get your own backup. You can even just download it at least weekly to your own PC if you want to save money.