Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
ionswitch unresponsive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

ionswitch unresponsive?

Is anyone using ionswitch having trouble getting in touch with them? They suspended my VPS yesterday for non-payment but I already paid for the whole year.

Comments

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

Its Monday and its 8am on the West Coast. If you opened a ticket - give them time to reply.
    @IonSwitch_Stan @IonSwitch

• thedpthedp Member

My IonSwitch node has been up and healthy ever since it was born, however I just remembered that I had 2 tickets opened which was only answered more than 3 months later :joy:

Looking for IT/Tech/Hosting-related Domain Names? Send me a PM here or on Discord (DP#3914)
    Current Auction(s): HostedTalk

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

I usually contact them via discord and any issues I might have are taken care of super fast. I don't think that I've actually opened any tickets, or at least I don't remember if I have.

• got my response. Sorry, I was panicking because I needed the servers

• @thedp said:
    My IonSwitch node has been up and healthy ever since it was born, however I just remembered that I had 2 tickets opened which was only answered more than 3 months later :joy:

They should auto close tickets without activity. Red flag they don't.

• thedpthedp Member

@TimboJones said:

@thedp said:

They should auto close tickets without activity. Red flag they don't.

Yeah, the ticket was created just a couple of days before I bought the VPS. Wasn’t important to begin with. But back then I also noticed that they haven’t been on (active) here and LES, places where they market their products.

So I wasn’t too sure what was up with them - figured they were probably busy focusing on offline matters. Plus, I had no issues with the VPS or anything else related to it. Stayed online and no downtime at all.

But yeah, I came to know that the ticket was still open because someone finally answered it after more than 3 months 😂

Looking for IT/Tech/Hosting-related Domain Names? Send me a PM here or on Discord (DP#3914)
    Current Auction(s): HostedTalk

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited August 10

@richardngo i believe we chatted and resolved this issue this morning. Our weekend support is best effort, my apologies for the delay until this morning.

@TimboJones interesting... I haven’t ever considered auto-closing.

@thedp been focusing a bit off-forum on some non-low end ventures. We are very much around. Embarrassingly old tickets are embarrassing. Working through some we have done a poor job with.

• xkeyxkey Member

@t0ny0 said:
    I usually contact them via discord and any issues I might have are taken care of super fast. I don't think that I've actually opened any tickets, or at least I don't remember if I have.

is there a discord server for IonSwitch?

• @xkey said:

@t0ny0 said:

is there a discord server for IonSwitch?

Not that I know of. I contact them via the LET discord

Thanked by 1xkey
  • Stan is very active on the forums and has PMed me on another forum after asking whether tickets are answered, to contact him directly, by ticket instead of opening up forum threads.

IonSwitch's infrastructure is fairly good. Everything is great, short of actually responding to tickets. I ended up cancelling the service and moving elsewhere.