Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My genuine review of NexusBytes.com (Premium KVM VPS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My genuine review of NexusBytes.com (Premium KVM VPS)

effeneffen Member
edited August 2020 in Reviews

I have used several providers for different things. I looked for a provider that offers solid stuff with good prices and I actually found out about nexusbytes.com here on LET. I read the awesome reviews but a part of me was still not convinced plus I was looking for a replacement. So I tried them out.

I have been using their 'High Performance KVM VPS' for months now. from the smallest to the biggest server. And here is what I think about them:

1) Uptime, my servers did not go down in months. The only cause of a server restart was me doing so. I was super worried about this point (because of the experience I had with many other providers that caused my service to become unavailable several times and sometimes for long periods of time) but I'm super satisfied. If you want your service to not have an outage, go with Nexus. With all the providers I have used and still am using, Nexus so far has the best uptime next to DO (and DO is VERY expensive compared to Nexus). And i'm actually thinking of ditching what I still have in DO in favor of Nexus.

2) Performance, all the servers I got had solid solid performances. Really good ryzen cores, fast memory. Keep in mind that my server cores are shared and not Dedicated (they do have another tier offering dedicated ryzen cores that I'll be trying it out in the future for sure). My service loves having a very large number of cores to spread the load across them so I went with the 8 vCore plan. And man it was the best thing ever. Mix that with the solid uptime above and there you have it, the ideal server.

3) Prices, with the awesome uptime and the awesome performance (regardless of the wonderful support), Nexus' tiers are actually cheap. Sure you can get more cores and more RAM/Storage in other providers for very cheap prices compared to Nexus. But trust me when I tell you, they are garbage. If you want to see NexusByte's prices, You can go to nexusbyte's premium vps page and see exactly what I'm talking about.
PS: they now have a new tier called 'Budget KVM VPS'. So if you are looking for even cheaper stuff, check it out. I personally have not tried them out yet.

4) Locations: Germany, UK (London) , USA (NYCM, LA, MIAMI, UTAH). You can get the good stuff in any location you'd need. If that is not just GREAT, I don't know what is. By the way, my servers have been in NYC and Miami so far because of what my service needs and the connectivity is amazing. I will for sure consider other locations when I need them. In fact, the review I read here on LET about NexusBytes had a good word about the European locations.

5) Support, Hands down the best support I have received in all my years with providers. Instant reply, very helpful. They even helped me in a serious network issue I was having that actually had nothing to do with them in the end. They answered all my questions before I tried them out. I had issues with the payment on my side and they helped me out through it all. They even helped me when I reached out in another platform haha. I would love to talk more about their Support but I'm afraid I would sound biased but really.... They do appreciate their users. And you'll see what I'm talking about when you try them.

Other things I liked besides what's above:
- Free DDoS protection. Some providers actually charge for DDoS protection. You get it for free here.
- free NAT backup, yep.
- Cheap bandwith.

Things I personally did not like:
- Not a critical one but, there is some inconsistency when displaying the prices of products. If you find $3.20/month* it means that you get to pay 3.20 per month if you wanted to pay for a year. and the * indicates it. If you however access the Dedicated Servers page, you will find all prices without the yearly indicator ( * ). Even though, the prices shown there are per month if you wanted to pay for a year.

Tips:
- If your things require good multiple cores and very low memory (CPU-based), choose the tier with the memory you want and when you are redirected, add additional cores to meet your requirements. Do the same with memory, if your product is memory based, choose a tier with less cpu cores and then choose more additional memory. If the two cases are none of your concern, go with the default tiers you see.
- Use code FamilyFirst and keep an eye on their awesome promos

So yeah, that was my honest review of Nexus. I highly recommend it.

If you guys want, I can post benchmarks from my servers later.

Hopefully the thread was not too long compared to other threads here.
Have a nice day everyone!

Comments

• I share the same experience,I have a vps in miami location which is not easly available on most of the providers.The speed en uptime is prem.I highly recommend nexusbytes.

Thanked by 2effen seriesn
  • @suricloud said:
    I share the same experience,I have a vps in miami location which is not easly available on most of the providers.The speed en uptime is prem.I highly recommend nexusbytes.

Yeah, the Miami location is not as available as other locations indeed.
    Using the Miami location, I have 10ms to my database which is superb. Very low latency to most important services my app relies on. ;)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Yup, NexusBytes is prem :)

@effen said: If you however access the Dedicated Servers page, you will find all prices without the yearly indicator ( * ).

Either @seriesn fixed it or it was already there. Look again :)

Thanked by 2effen seriesn
  • @lentro said:
    Yup, NexusBytes is prem :)

@effen said: If you however access the Dedicated Servers page, you will find all prices without the yearly indicator ( * ).

Either @seriesn fixed it or it was already there. Look again :)

Ahhhhh that is awesome! <3

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Holy Guacamole!

That was some detailed review. Not going to lie, I actually asked one of the mods to reconfirm if this was a spam :D .

Thank you for being a member of the family and thank you for you really top quality review <3. It is really an honor that you took time out of your day to write a review about us <3. As a small business, we are nothing without our Family Members.

Because of amazing family members like yourself, we do what we do, every day <3

@effen said: Things I personally did not like:

• Not a critical one but, there is some inconsistency when displaying the prices of products. If you find $3.20/month* it means that you get to pay 3.20 per month if you wanted to pay for a year. and the * indicates it. If you however access the Dedicated Servers page, you will find all prices without the yearly indicator ( * ). Even though, the prices shown there are per month if you wanted to pay for a year.

Good catch boss! Fixed it. Got distracted, forgot to respond here.

@lentro said: Yup, NexusBytes is prem

<3

• @suricloud said:
    I share the same experience,I have a vps in miami location which is not easly available on most of the providers.The speed en uptime is prem.I highly recommend nexusbytes.

<3 Thanks fam! Glad to have you with us :D

Thanked by 1effen
  • on LA, and I can say the same. They are awesome, especially with RYZEN

Thanked by 1effen
  • nbnnbn Member

I totally second this. Jay is a pro and nexusbytes is the best host I use for my business.

Thanked by 1effen
  • Nexusbytes is just pure prem.

Thanked by 1effen
  • @sanvit said:
    on LA, and I can say the same. They are awesome, especially with RYZEN

@nbn said:
    I totally second this. Jay is a pro and nexusbytes is the best host I use for my business.

@kennsann said:
    Nexusbytes is just pure prem.

• I agree with this review, but my only problem with Nexusbytes is they don't agree on Scotch.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @ben47955 said:
    I agree with this review, but my only problem with Nexusbytes is they don't agree on Scotch.

Sir/Mam/IT,
    Come over to my part of the world and I will have a bottle with your name on it.

• effeneffen Member
    edited August 2020

@sanvit said:

Yeah, can't wait to get my hands on them dedicated servers, i need me some dedicated ryzen cores ;)

• @seriesn said: Thank you for being a member of the family and thank you for you really top quality review . It is really an honor that you took time out of your day to write a review about us . As a small business, we are nothing without our Family Members.

The pleasure is really mine. I was sick and tired of other 'even popular' providers over the years and ever since I moved my main stuff to nexus, I'm not hearing a single complaint from my users because an outage has so far never happened. Plus the performance is solid. So you technically deserve all this praise. I honestly would have mentioned bad aspects of Nexus if there were any but I had none which is impressive (considering that I like stuff close to perfection hahaha)

Keep up the good work sir and you better keep taking care of Nexus. It's a beautiful service. <3

• @effen said:

@seriesn said: Thank you for being a member of the family and thank you for you really top quality review . It is really an honor that you took time out of your day to write a review about us . As a small business, we are nothing without our Family Members.

The pleasure is really mine. I was sick and tired of other 'even popular' providers over the years and ever since I moved my main stuff to nexus, I'm not hearing a single complaint from my users because an outage has so far never happened. Plus the performance is solid. So you technically deserve all this praise. I honestly would have mentioned bad aspects of Nexus if there were any but I had none which is impressive (considering that I like stuff close to perfection hahaha)

Keep up the good work sir and you better keep taking care of Nexus. It's a beautiful service. <3

So true, I am slowly moving services to NB, hope the company stays as long as I live.

Thanked by 1effen
  • @Galeej said:
    So true, I am slowly moving services to NB, hope the company stays as long as I live.

If you ask me, as long as NB is financially viable, @seriesn will keep the ship running buttery smooth for a long time.

Thanked by 1effen
  • Are there any plans on putting up a Singapore location?

• @agentwp said:
    Are there any plans on putting up a Singapore location?

Check their twitter. No spoilers.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@agentwp said:

• LeviLevi Member

Hm, wondering how they handle main node upgrades if VPS is not going down for months...

I can vouch for them - stable and performant provider.

Thanked by 1effen
  • @LTniger said:
    Hm, wondering how they handle main node upgrades if VPS is not going down for months...

Something like kernelcare?

Thanked by 1effen
  • @LTniger said:

Kernelcare yes, but there's a reason for a reboot every 6 months or so. I would say that node upgrades are meticulously planned so that everything is done in that one reboot and ready to serve another 6 months.

Thanked by 1effen
  • @effen said:

@sanvit said:

Yeah, can't wait to get my hands on them dedicated servers, i need me some dedicated ryzen cores ;)

Stay tuned for our birthday special sir ;).

@effen said:

@seriesn said: Thank you for being a member of the family and thank you for you really top quality review . It is really an honor that you took time out of your day to write a review about us . As a small business, we are nothing without our Family Members.

Something I told my ex, keep on loving me and I will never stop loving back :).

@Galeej said:

@effen said:

<3 Thanks for the love dear fam!

@poisson said:

@Galeej said:

If you ask me, as long as NB is financially viable, @seriesn will keep the ship running buttery smooth for a long time.

<3 Thank you for believing us from day one and continuing to support us boss!

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@agentwp said:

Man says no spoilers? :lol:

@LTniger said:

Kernelcare myfriend :).

I can vouch for you too! Quality customer who never opens a ticket!! PREM!

• jlayjlay Member
    edited August 2020

@seriesn Sorry I make so many tickets, didn't realize I wasn't reciprocating the prem-ness!

:smile:

Thanked by 2seriesn effen
  • @jlay said:
    @seriesn Sorry I make so many tickets, didn't realize I wasn't reciprocating the prem-ness!

:smile:

Prem tickets are prem too. Helps us become a better version of ourself :)

Thanked by 1jlay
  • @seriesn said: Something I told my ex, keep on loving me and I will never stop loving back .

Hahaha, we will keep loving <3

• Nexus Bytes is great without a doubt. The only thing preventing me from using their services is they only provide monthly billing. Hourly or even daily billing would have been great.

My use case is dynamic. Like when I am working in Python a small box is ideal. Conversely when I am compiling software (generally buildroot/openwrt) a big box is needed. It doesn't make sense to rent a powerful box for an entire month in the first case.

Bandwidth is not an issue for me as I rarely need it expect for installing the packages.

• LeviLevi Member

@rattlecattle said: Hourly or even daily billing would have been great.

This is viable only if you operate in a scale of thousands of VM's. NB is a small operation and we should be thankful for this.

Thanked by 1effen
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Where is the fucking benchmark?

• @rattlecattle said:
    Nexus Bytes is great without a doubt. The only thing preventing me from using their services is they only provide monthly billing. Hourly or even daily billing would have been great.

My use case is dynamic. Like when I am working in Python a small box is ideal. Conversely when I am compiling software (generally buildroot/openwrt) a big box is needed. It doesn't make sense to rent a powerful box for an entire month in the first case.

Bandwidth is not an issue for me as I rarely need it expect for installing the packages.

Most providers here are not suitable for you then.

Thanked by 1vimalware