Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need cost effective VM for rare use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need cost effective VM for rare use

nasirbestnasirbest Member
edited August 2020 in Requests

I need a server for RPM development. It will be used very rarely probably once or twice a week. with under 10 GB download and upload in MBs. but I want a good network. my requirement is following

1 processor
2 gb ram
200 gb disk ( I need at least 25 GB fast disk / SSD for RPM building, rest can be hdd )
1 static IP ( so domain and certificates can work )

currently, I am using Vultr but running out of space and does not want to pay more

note: no openvz or something like that, which can choke when needed

Comments

• Maybe you can use hourly billing usage like cloudcone.

Thanked by 2JadenW Clouvider
  • @youandri said:
    Maybe you can use hourly billing usage like cloudcone.

Thanks, but I can't afford dynamic IP, and I think with always one system I can save my time.

I have updated my request with static ip

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

BuyVM 2GB slice and a 250GB slab ($8.25/m)? Ryzen slices are in stock right now, but no slabs at the moment - think @Francisco said he's restocking them in Vegas soon though.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • bdlbdl Member

Lunanode - you can keep your static IP for $1 a month and then just create a VM and attach to the IP when required

• @nasirbest said:

@youandri said:

Thanks, but I can't afford dynamic IP, and I think with always one system I can save my time.

I have updated my request with static ip

As i know, IP is static, just billing per usage (turn on).

• This page lists the super super low end yearly deals.

https://lowendstock.com/deals/

This site lists the storage oriented offers.

https://www.lowendstorage.win/

I can recommend Wishosting @exception0x876

They have a deal now that adds 50% more storage, I think the code is MORESTORAGE, in any case you can check the recent posts. maybe KVM SSD US? that will get you up to 150gb SSD for 5 a month with 2gb ram

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@nasirbest said:
    I need a server for RPM development. It will be used very rarely probably once or twice a week. with under 10 GB download and upload in MBs. but I want a good network. my requirement is following

1 processor
    2 gb ram
    200 gb disk ( I need at least 25 GB fast disk / SSD for RPM building, rest can be hdd )

currently, I am using Vultr but running out of space and does not want to pay more

What is your ball-park budget for this?

• @nasirbest said:

1 processor
    2 gb ram

What's up boss. Pretty sure the following plan comes out cheaper comparing to what you might be paying with vultr for similar specs :)

https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=23

Join the family :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

^ is the way to go.

• JadenWJadenW Member, Host Rep

@youandri said:

Thanks for the mention!

@nasirbest said:

1 processor
    2 gb ram

Hey @nasirbest

We do in fact have static IPs! B)

I can set you up with;

1vCPU
    2 GB RAM
    200GB SSD [RAID 10]
    1 Static IPv4 plus 3 IPv6
    3TB bandwidth per month at 1Gbps

For $15.30/MO

And you can scale up individual resources as you go if needed as well.

Hit me up if this sounds good. Or if you have a specific budget in mind, I'd be happy to work out a special pricing for you :)

Thanked by 1nasirbest