Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro is has the worst server i have ever seen

Just a few days ago it said it bro9 storage node server had array problems and after they fixed it, all data had lost, and they just patch one month server time. And now their web client has offline , the quality as their server.

Thanked by 1sibaper

Comments

• You pay peanuts - you get cocius.
    By now - if you expected anything else - that means you have never read any reviews, and its all on you. Their servers are good for things that can be deleted at any times, or gone for hours often. If you expect something reliable and available at all times - you should up your budget and switch providers.

With that said - obviously there are many uses for their servers and services, as long as the expectations are set correctly.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Oh well.. best thing to do is just move on 😂

• In my case, I got a 40€/year storage VPS, but that's practically unusable, with full weeks downtimes, poor performances.. etc.. etc..

ended up loosing the money and changing to another provider.

• shhhh isn't allowed posting anything against :D knights will attack

• Cool node name.

Thanked by 2pike vimalware
  • If they have bad reputation we need to let the administrator know and have their tag remove in hosting provider list.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153227/let-provider-register-directory-find-your-next-host-here/p1

We shoud not tolerate this kind of service/provider.

• Soon there will be a @cociu sub forum just for his own issues :smile:

• I will tag @cociu he will refund you accordingly.

Thanked by 2pike TheKiller
  • You actually believe them?

• Not news. If you have mission critical stuff, saving a few pennies ain't worth it. For non mission critical stuff that I can afford to lose, I will still go with Hostsolutions because their prices are really competitive. Do your homework before you buy.

Thanked by 3vimalware skorous lazyt
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@poisson said:
    Not news. If you have mission critical stuff, saving a few pennies ain't worth it. For non mission critical stuff that I can afford to lose, I will still go with Hostsolutions because their prices are really competitive. Do your homework before you buy.

Not really that competitive anymore, considering HostHatch etc offer really competitive $/TB pricing for storage boxes a few times a year with vastly better service, network and uptime standards.

• @K4Y5 said: Not really that competitive anymore

I really don't think anyone uses HostSolutions as a primary storage/backup box. The reason @cociu's offers are used/useful/in-demand is because it is rather convenient to seed some ahem exotic Linux ISOs. There aren't many other providers who can offer such services let alone at these prices.

And like it has been pointed out a number of times by others, usually after some initial teething troubles on a particular node, things stabilize enough (uptime wise and usability wise) so that the main purpose of the box is served at a competitive price point for a rather unique use case.

Thanked by 2vimalware pike
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2020

Any other provider would've been burnt alive by now but not hostsolutions and iirc they never will ever be told off even. Something to do with the owners of this forum wanting more and more hits off his riduculously low priced offers. They are too are culprits in this scheme (whatever you feel fit to call)

Whenever someone comes here complaining with his servers or his service, the first reply would be " You pay peanuts so live with it". Well he sells them off as working servers, and the buyer is supposed to get an as advertised working server and is expected to complain here on the platform of advertising that the shit doesnt if it didnt. If you are sick of people complaining here, eliminate such providers from advertising here.

But for a forum which prides itself of providing a platform for growing quality providers this is contradicting. In these 6 years as a registered users and a year or so more unregistered, I've seen providers receiving flak for using Colocrossing alone....

And a few years ago, Mark Turner was driven out of LET for a one off power outage that lasted a week or so but hostsolutions will have an outage / issue / problem of some sort every other day yet the owner doesnt give a rats ass about even reprimanding the com[any in public or disallowing posting its offers until the issues are fixed to a certain extend.

Note - Free additional publicity to the same provider by having his interview up. WTH

Thanked by 2Adam1 host4cheap
  • @kkrajk said: Whenever someone comes here complaining with his servers or his service, the first reply would be " You pay peanuts so live with it".

Yup and anyone complaining about them risks being ridiculed "should have known better" or "a week of down time is acceptable because x" and "not a helpdesk" etc. It's very disappointing and adds nothing to this forum, but negativity. They should be axed.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Though I have never tried it myself but based on the frequent threads coming up with similar issues says a lot. Patiently wait and backup your data, find a new provider. Ask for a refund (don't be aggressive) and maybe you'll have a 50% chance of getting back your money if not then forget it and move on.

The service provided is ok for Linux ISO torrents, etc. which is not so critical. So you shouldn't be storing critical/important data.

This might help you find another storage provider: http://lowendstorage.win/

Also read this: https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-qa-with-hostsolutions-marius-cociu/

• Another thread :)

• bdlbdl Member

Hostsolutions.ro is has the best interview i have ever seen

• @Adam1 said:

@kkrajk said: Whenever someone comes here complaining with his servers or his service, the first reply would be " You pay peanuts so live with it".

Yup and anyone complaining about them risks being ridiculed "should have known better" or "a week of down time is acceptable because x" and "not a helpdesk" etc. It's very disappointing and adds nothing to this forum, but negativity. They should be axed.

I absolutely love how HS customers like me who has no problems get ridiculed as "white knights". Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Thanked by 2jsg Goon
  • angeliusangelius Member
    edited August 2020

@poisson said:
    I absolutely love how HS customers like me who has no problems get ridiculed as "white knights". Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Maybe it's because you defend him even when the situation is a daily shitshow? At this point it's look like you work for him or getting some money... or sisters?

HS is probably one of the worst quality hosting available on internet ... But yes if you need to avoid DMCA / Copyright / do some illegal stuffs, they seems to be a good option.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@angelius

I think you (and many,many others) walked into a trap. I call it the "loudness of statements != quality" trap. With providers that trap means that 99+% of more or less happy clients simply stay mum while a few discontents (some with good reason, some not) make lots of noise, which creates a terribly bent and unrealistic impression.

Yes HS has had more than their share of sh_tty failures - but: there are also and still thousands of happy clients (happy often meaning "yeah, service isn't great but good enough and price is ridiculously low").

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited August 2020

It's no secret HS uses raid5/6 and huge disks (10TB or something) on their storage nodes. It's also no secret that rebuilding a raid with such huge disks takes a long time, in which more drives are very likely to fail and therefore create data-loss. It's also no secret HS has issues with ddos attacks targeting their infrastructure aswell as their control panel hosting. Aswell it's no secret the HS support can be very slow, since they would need to raise prices for hiring dedicated support staff. HS has prooven to always refund those clients that didn't know what they purchased. They even refunded or gave support to the people that tried upgrading their OS on the old ovz6 nodes (10€/yr), even if people were clearly warned about that multiple times.

Threads like this happened after every single storage offer that was posted by hostsolutions, so I consider it safe to assume everyone could have known that BEFORE ordering stuff with them.

There IS a demand for exactly what HS is offering, dirt cheap servers with few questions asked, for hosting seedboxes, proxy or other filesharing related stuff. People won't cry over loosing their torrents, since they can rebuild their node from the torrent network easily. And even if they can't, they could simply use google drive for a full backup.

@kkrajk it's pretty obvious cociu is in no way affiliated with the LET owner. They wouldnt like each other much either, I assume.

• @angelius said:
    Maybe it's because you defend him even when the situation is a daily shitshow? At this point it's look like you work for him or getting some money... or sisters?

HS is probably one of the worst quality hosting available on internet ... But yes if you need to avoid DMCA / Copyright / do some illegal stuffs, they seems to be a good option.

My HS servers (yes, plural) hasn't shitted in months. Not buttery smooth compared to my prem Nexusbytes or Wishosting but nowhere near the daily shitshow you are talking about.

I am just stating facts about my own experience as a paying customer. If you have issues with facts, the problem is not me but you. Maybe you should stop the thing with sisters?

• @poisson said:

@angelius said:

My HS servers (yes, plural) hasn't shitted in months. Not buttery smooth compared to my prem Nexusbytes or Wishosting but nowhere near the daily shitshow you are talking about.

This reminds me of visiting my brother on a farm:

Me: fuck, these mosquitoes are some bad!

Brother: I don't find them a problem. I'm fine.

Me: I've been here 30 seconds and I've been bitten 4 fucking times!

(I have sweet blood)

But eventually, he'll feel the mosquitoes and we go inside.

Thanked by 2kkrajk dosai
  • Just FWIW, I have three boxes with HS. Two of them have better than 99.9% uptime in 2020 according to Hetrix Tools which includes me rebooting for patches. The third box did too until it got destroyed in that last raid failure on bor9. That was annoying but I'll just recreate it.

• @skorous said: I have three boxes with HS. Two of them have better than 99.9% uptime

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Has OP sued yet?

• 3 days from now, I'll be expecting to see another double credit offer once the liquor closet has been cleaned out at HostSolutions HQ.

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited August 2020

Refund form from Cociu

Question 1. Do you have sister?

But seriously, did you open any tickets asking about it or asking him for refund? If people are not satisfied with service, Cociu is very lenient with refunds, but he gets angry if people make threads bashing his service.

• Opening tickets gets you ignored, asking about an open ticket gets you put on the bottom of the list.

Opening a bitch thread here gets you Cocuie, your issue resolved or a refund. No wait. This isn't HS's help desk but it's a hell of a lot faster than the actual help desk.

He gets angry? TFB, there's an easy solution for that and it's not false promises of things to really really really be fixed this time I swear to god it's really going to be fixed.

I honestly can't remember an HS thread in the last year or two that was not an actual issue/problem on Coicu's end in the end.

Thanked by 3sibaper kkrajk Inglar
  • @PHDan said: Opening tickets gets you ignored, asking about an open ticket gets you put on the bottom of the list.

loop