Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blazing Fast Ryzen VPS? Storage VPS? NYC/Miami/LA/Utah/London/Germany #NBFAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blazing Fast Ryzen VPS? Storage VPS? NYC/Miami/LA/Utah/London/Germany #NBFAM

seriesnseriesn Member
edited August 2020 in Offers

Who are we?

We are Nexus Bytes: Affordable boutique servers, priceless bespoke experience, powered by NexusCare!

Here at Nexus Bytes, we do things differently. You are not just a customer or another line in our CRM database. You are part of the Nexus Bytes family and we only want the best for our family. We are not going to sell our family members what we won’t buy for ourselves. That’s the Nexus Bytes difference.
We are not here to sell you services, we are here to earn your business <3

Give your project a fast and reliable service, that it deserves!

Get your blazing fast Ryzen (3700x/3900x/3950x) and NVME powered Bad ASS VPS from a brand, that cares about you!

[To top it off, we are also offering some solid Switchers Special and Contract Buyout offer to switchers, where you can get up to 4 months of free services :)

(https://nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/31/Switcher-Special-and-Contract-Buy-Out-Guidelines.html)

We take pride in real 24/7 round the clock support with an average of 1 hour resolution time. Would you like to see if our existing family members are properly taken cared of? YTD Ticket response feedback, provided by real family members:

Some Testimonials

Trust Pilot Review

Multiple Locations : NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, USA | Ogden, UTAH, USA | Falkenstein, Germany | London, UK
Test IP and Download

Premium Ryzen and NVMe powered KVM VPS Starting @ 2/mo (with annual commitment) :

Configure and order here.

Premium Ryzen and NVMe powered Reseller Pool, with WHMCS Module starting @ $6.40/mo :

Configure and order here.

Storage VPS, perfect for backing up your precious contents. Starting @ $3.20/mo (with annual commitment) :

Configure and order here

If you are already a member, don't stop growing and thank you for continuing to support us! We appreciate you.

Checkout our Family Perks :

• Multiple Locations : NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | Ogden, Utah, USA | London, UK | Falkenstein, Germany
  • Looking Glass
  • Don’t be dick policy applies
  • Nested Virt Enabled
  • Custom ISO support
  • /64 IPv6 (USA Only)
  • Hassle free rDns setup for IPv4 and IPv6 (USA Only)
  • True 24/7 support. Average ticket resolution time : 1 hour.
  • Accepted Payment Methods:
    • Debit/Credit Card
    • Paypal
    • Ali Pay
    • WeChat Pay
    • OXXO Mexico
    • Boleto Brazil
    • WebMoney
    • India NetBanking
    • Paytm
    • Sofort
    • Bitcoin / BitcoinCash / LiteCoin / Ethereum

So, what are you waiting for? Grab your blazing hot hosting plan today! Get started now by clicking here

Thanked by 1miu

Comments

• miumiu Member

BTW: And where is Bob?

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited August 2020

@miu said: BTW: And where is Bob?

He's hiding in that wrongly formatted "</b>", which stands for Bob.

Thanked by 1miu
  • One serious question : Bourbon or Scotch ?

• @miu said:
    BTW: And where is Bob?

Taking some time off and preparing for Birthday Party.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@miu said: BTW: And where is Bob?

He's hiding in that wrongly formatted "</b>", which stands for Bob.

Almost there!

@ben47955 said:
    One serious question : Bourbon or Scotch ?

Water!

Thanked by 1miu
  • @seriesn said: Water!

That may be a issues for future business.

• @ben47955 said:

@seriesn said: Water!

That may be a issues for future business.

You can take both while browsing this offer ;)

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2020

I saw that Bob is now beautifying the right side of LEB (He is already a legend, simil. as NB) Good job!

• @miu said:
    I saw that Bob is now beautifying the right side of LEB (He is already a legend, simil. as NB) Good job!

Hehe. Uncle Bob been visiting places.

• I'm in need of a vps with big storage (~500 gb) to host a mongodb database with a few gbs. Would your 500gb vps suit me for this? Or is it only to throw in some files and not touch it anymore?

• @vhbarauna said:
    I'm in need of a vps with big storage (~500 gb) to host a mongodb database with a few gbs. Would your 500gb vps suit me for this? Or is it only to throw in some files and not touch it anymore?

Hiya,

For DB storage, you should defiantly look into our premium or vDedi product line.

Running this on a storage VPS, both of us will hate each other.

Thanked by 1miu
  • lol

Sadly, the $20/month min on the vDedicated is too much for me. It's just a personal project to help one of my communities.

Thanks for the answer, though.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @vhbarauna said:
    lol

Sadly, the $20/month min on the vDedicated is too much for me. It's just a personal project to help one of my communities.

We are going to have some vDedi special coming up soon ;)

• @vhbarauna said:
    lol

If you need 500GB DB and you can't afford 20$/m you doing something wrong.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @ben47955 said:

@vhbarauna said:
    lol

$20 gives me 90 gb. 450gb would require me to pay $96 /month. Not sure how a personal hobby-ish project that requires some space should require me to pay $1k annually.

Also, not everyone is from a first world country that pays in dollars. The latter ($96/m) costs half minimum wage in my country. I'm lucky I can afford more, but still... food for thought. ;)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @vhbarauna said:

@ben47955 said:

@vhbarauna said:
    lol

$20 gives me 90 gb. 450gb would require me to pay $96 /month. Not sure how a personal hobby-ish project that requires some space should require me to pay $1k annually.

Also, not everyone is from a first world country that pays in dollars. The latter ($96/m) costs half minimum wage in my country. I'm lucky I can afford more, but still... food for thought. ;)

My point was more that you probably don't need a DB of 500GB. You probably put some image, video or any BLOB. Unless you are doing a lot reading/writing on these files, you are better to keep only the path in the DB and now any vps will do the job. With NB you can add storage block to keep these files.

Anyway, if you really want the hard way, probably a small dedi will be better, like kimsufi. ( Sorry @seriesn to advertised ovh in your thread)

If all this don't work for you, you should consider to review the benefit of your project or to look for sponsor.

• @ben47955 said:

@vhbarauna said:

@ben47955 said:

@vhbarauna said:
    lol

My point was more that you probably don't need a DB of 500GB. You probably put some image, video or any BLOB. Unless you are doing a lot reading/writing on these files, you are better to keep only the path in the DB and now any vps will do the job. With NB you can add storage block to keep these files.

Anyway, if you really want the hard way, probably a small dedi will be better, like kimsufi. ( Sorry @seriesn to advertised ovh in your thread)

If all this don't work for you, you should consider to review the benefit of your project or to look for sponsor.

All fair sir whisky.

• @vhbarauna said:

While I empathize, the world unfortunately doesn't run on charity. It runs on money. It is either you scale down your expectations or you scale up the amount to get the performance that you need. It's just the reality of things.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited August 2020

I also do not understand to people who want place DB with 50, 100 or 500 GB on storage VPS (with 512 or 1024 MB RAM):

1) DB is one of bigger eater of RAM, I/O and resources; storage node are absolutely not built for such purposes, and chance/expectations/hopes that such DB will work smooth on storage VPS is really utopia, wet dream

2) it would be abuse and ruthlessness: such abuse will of course affect other users - rapidly reduce their performance = greed + ruthlessness (if the provider wants to be fair with others, of course they will not allow or suspend such something... even the thought tells him that he will not risk losing 100 users to one ruthless)

But I appreciate, however, that you first ask. Because many idiots immediately place their DB madness without asking on the storage server .. then of course they are suspended and then they still complain and slander the provider.. All BAD.

3) IMO you should in such cases look for providers who offers cheap suitable plans for it (huge RAM, CPU and HDD still for relatively low prices, for example Netcup, Contabo); or better for cheap dedicated as anyone mentioned already above (kimsufi, soyoustart etc..) where your large DB will not affect other users: You will have all resources for self, other also will be fine, happy.

4) my experiences when i tried use DB on parity raid arrays (5,6,50 or 60) ends several times with disaster (all data corrupted and unreadable = lost). From this time i never think about use parity raid for DB more..

BTW: i had oVZ with 500GB HDD and 12 ram from TNA hosting for $5 monthly, before time (then i cancelled it because i realize i cannot place my webhosting users there and rely on someone works probably as one man company, does have bad support and is probably not able flexible/fast react in case of outages/HW failures and problems).
    But when it is fine for u (u do want use it for production or important use) maybe u can contact he and try deal on such similar. I cant post bench here because this will be unrelevant (post not related VPSes in strange thread), but if u want PM me and i can send u related bench result. Sure, u cannot expect performance what u would get from top providers (where NB sure belongs), but u will get still good value for $5 monthly, when u said your budget is limited because it is personal project not worth to pay monthly 20 or 50 monthly for low dedicated or 90,100 for HQ VPS. regards

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited August 2020

@ben47955 said: Unless you are doing a lot reading/writing on these files, you are better to keep only the path in the DB and now any vps will do the job.

Just to correct my statement : You should only keep BLOB in DB if data integrity matter (like metadata). Otherwise, performance side, it will be better in a file system.

Source : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3748/storing-images-in-db-yea-or-nay

Thanked by 1miu
  • Oh no! What is this? Bob keeps on leaking data : https://lgsg.nexusbytes.com/

Thanked by 4bdl BBTN DP poisson
  • @seriesn said:
    Oh no! What is this? Bob keeps on leaking data : https://lgsg.nexusbytes.com/

Missed opportunity to rickroll people.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2020

@ben47955 said:

@ben47955 said: Unless you are doing a lot reading/writing on these files, you are better to keep only the path in the DB and now any vps will do the job.

Just to correct my statement : You should only keep BLOB in DB if data integrity matter (like metadata). Otherwise, performance side, it will be better in a file system.

Source : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3748/storing-images-in-db-yea-or-nay

Where do we keep BOB? in DB?

@seriesn said:

All roads lead to me joining the family :wink:

• @seriesn said:

@vhbarauna said:
    lol

Standing by.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@seriesn said:

Missed opportunity to rickroll people.

Damn you!

@bdl said:

@ben47955 said:

Where do we keep BOB? in DB?

@seriesn said:

All roads lead to me joining the family :wink:

Hypeeeed yo!!

• @danceswithpugs said:

@seriesn said:

@vhbarauna said:
    lol

Standing by.

Very very soon my friend :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@seriesn said:

😍

Thanked by 1poisson