Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM (> 1GB RAM) or dedi with /29 IPv4 and /56 or /48 IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM (> 1GB RAM) or dedi with /29 IPv4 and /56 or /48 IPv6

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited November 2013 in Requests

I'm looking for a KVM machine with at least 1 GB RAM, 20GB disk space and a /29 IPv4 and a /56 or /48 IPv6 (native), with SolusVM or other access where I can install from ISO and change VirtIO settings. Bandwidth doesn't matter.

I'm going to use this machine for virtualization, testing and tutorials. Budget is $15-$20/month.

EDIT I'm open for dedi offers as well, but I would need at least RAID1. I don't want to loose stuff when a hard drive fails. Budget would be higher for that, of course: <$40.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2013

Do you need powerful CPU?

• @rds100 said:
    Do you need powerfull CPU?

No, not that much.

• I can do AMD E350 dedi with 2GB RAM, 500GB not new HDD, /29 IPs and the rest for $20/month.

• Oh, but you are in EU, right? There is that unpleasant VAT problem then :(

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited November 2013

@rds100 said:
    I can do AMD E350 dedi with 2GB RAM, 500GB not new HDD, /29 IPs and the rest for $20/month.

How much for an extra HDD? Would it have IPMI?

rds100 said: Oh, but you are in EU, right? There is that unpleasant VAT problem then :(

I've got a VAT number (I have a company).

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Come on, you can put 4 gb there it is ddr3 after all.

• @mkkossen no IPMI, sorry. Can hook up an external IP KVM for initial setup. There is a panel for automatic installations (NOC-PS).
    If you have an EU VAT number, then VAT will not be charged.

Check the possible configirations here - http://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=30

The "standard" price is $25/mo but if we remove the 30GB SSD and replace it with a used 500 GB HDD, will discount $5/mo from the price.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2013

@Maounique you are right, we can :) An additional 2GB DDR3 DIMM costs around $20, so that's the upgrade price (one time) :P

• But well, ok :) I can throw in a second 2GB DIMM (i.e. upgrade to 4GB RAM for free), but only for Maarten.

• @rds100 said:
    mkkossen no IPMI, sorry. Can hook up an external IP KVM for initial setup. There is a panel for automatic installations (NOC-PS).

Check the possible configirations here - http://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=30

The "standard" price is $25/mo but if we remove the 30GB SSD and replace it with a used 500 GB HDD, will discount $5/mo from the price.

Alright, thanks :-) I'll consider it.

And appreciate the gesture :-)

• @rds100 said:

You don't have to in the Netherlands. Just properly print the company you're selling to on it and the company can then deduct the VAT from their VAT return

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have one with openitc you can have not used if they allow rransfer you can have it. If not they can provide what you want.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited November 2013

@Frost said:
    You don't have to in the Netherlands. Just properly print the company you're selling to on it and the company can then deduct the VAT from their VAT return

We know how it works ;-)

AnthonySmith said: I have one with openitc you can have not used if they allow rransfer you can have it. If not they can provide what you want.

Thanks! No listed ones for my budget, though. Cheapest is 70+ GBP. Does he do custom packages for lower prices?

• RAM: 1GB

SSD Disk: 60GB

Transfer: 2TB

CPU:4

IP:5

IPv6: /56 (This will be custom)

20.00/mo in Los angeles.

• Sent you a dedicated offer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

Um I think it is 1GB Ram 60GB Disk /48 or x /64's 2 x IPv4 £5 p/month

anyway, best thing to to is @Sean

edit: ok had a look:

1GB Ram

75 GB Disk

1 x IPv4

2 x /64's

£4.00 p/month so I am sure the few extras you want will not break the bank :)

• Thanks for all your input, guys. @concerto49 just gave me a deal I simply couldn't resist. Thanks for that!

This discussion has been closed.