Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name...
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

What??? OneProvider:Atom C2338 is C2350! the same CPU with a different name...

OneProvider is doing "SUMMER SALE".

So I order Atom C2350 for $7.14...

When they deliver the server... I log in and run Benchmark... then I found...

CPU is C2338! Not C2350...NO way!They must be mistaken...

So i open ticket ask then:

me:

Why my server CPU is "Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2338 @ 1.74GHz"?

I order C2350...not C2338

What happened?

i need C2350

please help replace...

OP Staff:

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

Please provide us with proofs it is C2338 so that we could move forward.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

me:

OK~ Screenshot.

OP Staff:

Hello,

This is actually the same CPU with same performance, C2338 is just the embedded architecture.

me:

NOT THE SAME~ At least it is different in my project.

I can't work in “C2338”...

Please provide C2350 according to the contract... thanks :)

OP Staff:

This is the same CPU with a different name, If you meant for installing Windows via rescue mode, this is not something we can't guarantee.

me:

This machine is not what I need

Doesn't meet contract requirements

Can you help with refund?

OP Staff:

Unfortunately, we do not provide refunds for already delivered services.

You will need to request a cancellation at the end of the billing cycle if you do not wish to use that server.

C2338 = C2350 ?~ What do you think?

Are they right or my fault?

I can't apply for a refund anyway... So sad...

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Provider
    edited July 29

OVH did this a couple times to us. We ordered a E3 1231v3 and got a E5 1620v3 instead. Eventually got them replaced after nagging enough.

If they keep refusing to give you the product you ordered, go ahead and file a chargeback I'd say.

GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

• debaserdebaser Member

This is actually almost the exact same cpu. Exact same performance. The TDP of the C2338 is a bit higher, that's all.

Online.net states in their documentation that you either get a C2338 or C2350, so this is really as per your agreement.

I'm not very fond of Online.net or Oneprovider but they're not really doing anything wrong here.

• M2DEVM2DEV Member
  • WSCallumWSCallum Member, Provider

I agree with whats said, its the same range of CPU offering the same specs/performance, there isn’t really much of an issue here apart from the fact that you ordered from OneProvider in the first place.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu

Clouveo - SSD Cloud Servers & Hosting
    AMD EPYC Powered | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

• thedpthedp Member

You have your requirements and so you're paying for what was advertised, an Atom C2350, but you ended up getting an Atom C2338 instead. Even though they may have similar (or identical) specifications, they are still 2 different products.

Technically, it might not be an issue, but if you were to look at this from a customer's billing/invoicing/contractual whatever perspective, then that could be an issue - not getting what you have been billed and paid for.

Like @M2DEV has mentioned, they should at least state on the website or order form upfront that you could be getting either one, depending on their availability. If that can't be done, they could've sent you a mail when they received the order.

So it all depends on you. If you absolutely need the C2350 but they deployed a C2338 instead without letting you know, then they've cheated you from my point of view. But if you're ok with what has been delivered, considering their specifications, then so be it.

Brandable VM/VPS Hosting Domain Names For Sale!

• bacloudbacloud Member, Provider

Drama for $ 7.14 / month and just 2 digits difference. Actually it is the same CPU.
    I spent this amount on my daily lunch 1 hour ago at a restaurant LOL

Thanked by 2TerensM spectraip

High quality VPS just from $2.80 LT/NL/USA
    Need Custom server? Please contact us [email protected] or Skype Andrius.Bacoud

@bacloud said:
    Drama for $ 7.14 / month and just 2 digits difference. Actually it is the same CPU.

So you wouldn't ask questions if you got a vegan sandwich instead of a bacon sandwich?

GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Provider

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:

So you wouldn't ask questions if you got a vegan sandwich instead of a bacon sandwich?

It is the same CPU, so in that logic, I got the same bacon sandwich.

Thanked by 2vovler webcraft

High quality VPS just from $2.80 LT/NL/USA
    Need Custom server? Please contact us [email protected] or Skype Andrius.Bacoud

• jeorliejeorlie Member

This oneprovider are they good? What about their uptime?

• @jeorlie said:

No.

Thanked by 2t0ny0 skorous

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

• @CConner said:

@bacloud said:

I think this is more of a cheeseburger and a hamburger.

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:

Yeah fair.

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

@jeorlie said:

No.

Thanked by 1jeorlie
  • jarjar Provider
    edited July 29

Normally I'd be down for a good trashing of a provider for quietly delivering an inferior CPU to what was advertised, but I'm gonna have to add a +1 to: this is the same CPU and there's no way your project is hurt by the reported model number.

The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

• jeorliejeorlie Member

@t0ny0 said:

@jeorlie said:

No.

tnx for the heads up. I almost ordered 1.

• rahulksrahulks Member

LMFTFY

@jeorlie said: oneprovider reseller

Thanked by 1jeorlie
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

@bacloud said:

So that's how you run the business?
    Contacts with clients have no value to you?

Wow..

Either it's $7.14 or $7 billion a person works hard to earn that money. No one gets money for free.

It doesn't matter if both CPU performs same, If customer wants the CPU he/she ordered then host must provide that or else issue refund.

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

• edited July 29

Do they have similar performance?

Not your fault.

If they have similar performance, use the service up and move to something else next month if you like. Remember they have specific cancellation process, like 7 days before renewal, you have to cancel. Please check.
    If you really want a refund, go for support ticket, then charge back.

Not sure it's worth your time...

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

If you feel wronged, sue. That's the only way to prove yourself.

Having said that, they are basically the same CPU, so even if you win in the court, you will only get few cents.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 29

I looked at the specs and only differences were down to how system integrators "build the box"
    Non-issue. Move along, nothing to see..

Oh,my Oneprovider server has been absolutely fine, for my purposes - nextcloud tertiary file backups.

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• james50ajames50a Member

out of curiosity what use case do you have that actually causes a difference between the 2 cpu's listed?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • youandriyouandri Member

@AlwaysSkint said:
    I looked at the specs and only differences were down to how system integrators "build the box"
    Non-issue. Move along, nothing to see..

Oh,my Oneprovider server has been absolutely fine, for my purposes - nextcloud tertiary file backups.

What server do you have?

VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

• xiaopiguxiaopigu Member

@CConner said:
    OVH did this a couple times to us. We ordered a E3 1231v3 and got a E5 1620v3 instead. Eventually got them replaced after nagging enough.

If they keep refusing to give you the product you ordered, go ahead and file a chargeback I'd say.

@debaser said:
    This is actually almost the exact same cpu. Exact same performance. The TDP of the C2338 is a bit higher, that's all.

Online.net states in their documentation that you either get a C2338 or C2350, so this is really as per your agreement.

I'm not very fond of Online.net or Oneprovider but they're not really doing anything wrong here.

@M2DEV said:
    Yes they should specify you could get either one, but, take a look here:
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/77976/intel-atom-processor-c2338-1m-cache-1-70-ghz.html
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/77977/intel-atom-processor-c2350-1m-cache-1-70-ghz.html

Personally all this is a non-issue, you will lose nothing on performance.

@WSCallum said:
    I agree with whats said, its the same range of CPU offering the same specs/performance, there isn’t really much of an issue here apart from the fact that you ordered from OneProvider in the first place.

@thedp said:
    You have your requirements and so you're paying for what was advertised, an Atom C2350, but you ended up getting an Atom C2338 instead. Even though they may have similar (or identical) specifications, they are still 2 different products.

Technically, it might not be an issue, but if you were to look at this from a customer's billing/invoicing/contractual whatever perspective, then that could be an issue - not getting what you have been billed and paid for.

Like @M2DEV has mentioned, they should at least state on the website or order form upfront that you could be getting either one, depending on their availability. If that can't be done, they could've sent you a mail when they received the order.

So it all depends on you. If you absolutely need the C2350 but they deployed a C2338 instead without letting you know, then they've cheated you from my point of view. But if you're ok with what has been delivered, considering their specifications, then so be it.

@jar said:
    Normally I'd be down for a good trashing of a provider for quietly delivering an inferior CPU to what was advertised, but I'm gonna have to add a +1 to: this is the same CPU and there's no way your project is hurt by the reported model number.

The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

@greattomeetyou said:

Do they have similar performance?

Not your fault.

If they have similar performance, use the service up and move to something else next month if you like. Remember they have specific cancellation process, like 7 days before renewal, you have to cancel. Please check.
    If you really want a refund, go for support ticket, then charge back.

Not sure it's worth your time...

@deank said:
    If you feel wronged, sue. That's the only way to prove yourself.

Having said that, they are basically the same CPU, so even if you win in the court, you will only get few cents.

• xiaopiguxiaopigu Member

@james50a said:
    out of curiosity what use case do you have that actually causes a difference between the 2 cpu's listed?

Like they said...

Suppose i need to use "Windows"

C2350 YES :)

C2338 NO :'(

Is that different between 2 CPU?

• momkinmomkin Member

@xiaopigu said:

@james50a said:

Like they said...

Suppose i need to use "Windows"

C2350 YES :)

C2338 NO :'(

Is that different between 2 CPU?

Take a look
    https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/operating-system/distribution-server/windows-server-suchard

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 29

Even if the value of the product is 99 cent and the provider does not delivers what was advertised / contracted and runs away from issuing the refund, then simply chargeback.

Good Morning!!

And then sue.

You will burn the bridge with the provider but who cares. Principle matters.

• @youandri said:
    What server do you have?

Operating System: Debian 9, 64 bits
    CPU: Intel Atom C2350 - 1.7 GHz - 2 core(s)
    RAM: 4GB - DDR3
    HDD: 1x 1TB (HDD SATA)
    IP: 2

(Repurposed recently to proxmox backup server.)

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

@deank said: And then sue.

Meh...been done before.

Go postal for a change of pace.

You'll be famous as the only person who went on a shooting spree shouting "An Atom C2338 is not a C2350!"

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• ^ Epilepsy warning!!!

Thanked by 1TimboJones

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• @Ahfaiahkid said:

@CConner said:

@bacloud said:

No way, cheese is a paid add-on for sure.

This is more like, "I ordered sourdough but got white bread instead".

Thanked by 1CConner
  • @jeorlie said:

I ordered one if these cheap boxes and it's working just fine. It's inside an Online.net DC after all.

Just buy one and test it. At this price the only thing that can beat them are Kimsufi.

• jeorliejeorlie Member

@CyberneticTitan said:

@jeorlie said:

I ordered one if these cheap boxes and it's working just fine. It's inside an Online.net DC after all.

Just buy one and test it. At this price the only thing that can beat them are Kimsufi.

Sorry I am not familiar with Online.net. Do you know them or have you tried their service before?

edited July 30

@jeorlie said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@jeorlie said:

Sorry I am not familiar with Online.net. Do you know them or have you tried their service before?

Their pricing good but network and support sucks

Thanked by 1jeorlie

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.

• jeorliejeorlie Member

when I tried opening online.net I am redirected to scaleway. Did scaleway acquired them or partnered with them?

I already ordered one. I am making this our other back up server. I'll try them for a month or two. I hope I am not wrong trusting them. :-)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider

@jar said: The real crime is trying to install Windows on a 2 core Atom. I think I'd rather drink paint.

My surface gen 3 on Atom (x7) actually works pretty well. Sure I'm not going to be gaming on it but as a device I take on holidays for SSH and ticketing access it works really well.

X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS mitigation with PoPs in the Europe, Asia, North and South America.
    Latest Offer: Brazil Launch 2020 Offer

@jeorlie said:
    when I tried opening online.net I am redirected to scaleway. Did scaleway acquired them or partnered with them?

I already ordered one. I am making this our other back up server. I'll try them for a month or two. I hope I am not wrong trusting them. :-)

Online and scaleway are same. They just change their brand name

Has OP sued yet?

Thanked by 1Shot2

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

The 2338 is actually better than the 2350. Supports NX bit.

There is no other difference. If you want stupid comparisons, you have two cheeseburgers, but they came from different identical cows standing next to each other.

• @hzr said:
    The 2338 is actually better than the 2350. Supports NX bit.

There is no other difference. If you want stupid comparisons, you have two cheeseburgers, but they came from different identical cows with different names standing next to each other.

sigh FTFY

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

OP, I recommend you contact Michelle:

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/AboutUs/Pages/HighCommissioner.aspx

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

• @deank said:
    Has OP sued yet?

............ :|

@youandri said:
    @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

No...I have closed the ticket.

You see that most people above said that the performance of C2338 is similar to C2350.

I know i can't win....the right to speak is in their hands...

If i request further...I'm afraid they will block my account...

opening this post to let people know that this could happen... :smile:

• @jar said:

Benjamin moore or Sherman Williams though?

Thanked by 2raindog308 jar
    edited August 1

@xiaopigu said:

@deank said:
    Has OP sued yet?

............ :|

@youandri said:
    @xiaopigu do you get refund, finally?

No...I have closed the ticket.

You see that most people above said that the performance of C2338 is similar to C2350.

I know i can't win....the right to speak is in their hands...

If i request further...I'm afraid they will block my account...

opening this post to let people know that this could happen... :smile:

Might is Right..

Btw, you did nothing wrong here. If you order a particular model they advertise and want exactly that model then provider must give you that exact model otherwise they must issue a full refund even if both model work similar.

It's your money so you will decide, if you want to eat Lemon then why you will accept Apple even both have Vitamin C.

Anyway good luck for your future deal. Try to communicate with provider before you placed your order.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 1

as others pointed out it is the same model, it's just a different mechanical build.
    there is no difference in strength whatsoever.

the only difference is, that the way windows could be installed on that whole proprietary system within a VM and all that fuzz might not work because it is specifically build for their own c2350 system, which might also come with a different board and require different drivers etc.

so the reason is most likely not the embedded CPU at all but its surroundings.

however as oneprovider pointed out they did not offer nor guarantue the possibility to install windows on that box, hence you got exactly what you ordered no matter the number on that cpu identifier. I heavily doubt any court would rule that otherwise only just because assumed to get a system where you can use some workaround method to install windows. as said that probably does not even fail because of the CPU but because of other things around it...

PS: on top... it is ONEPROVIDER, so what did you expect? :D

Thanked by 1webcraft

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• honestly just charge back at this point. like ordering a turkey sub and getting ham instead with the clerks justification being there's no real meat in either of them... Oneproviders fault for not listing or equivalent cpu instead of listing specific model.

• @james50a said:
    honestly just charge back at this point. like ordering a turkey sub and getting ham instead with the clerks justification being there's no real meat in either of them... Oneproviders fault for not listing or equivalent cpu instead of listing specific model.

Dude, we've been over the metaphors already and you're just wrong. Not turkey vs ham, it'd be like strips of turkey vs slices of turkey. It's the exact same content in a different format. Same taste.

Thanked by 2angstrom AlwaysSkint