Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day.

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@debaser said:
    What I'm most curious about is if really all the host nodes are down, just like the status page shows, or if it's just that the status page itself is actually down.

I expect the latter, because there would be more complaints here. But then again, most people here are programmed to expect very little uptime on Hostsolutions servers so they won't complain or even submit a ticket.

I mean, there is no provider here that offers such a low TB/eur rate. But there's also a reason for this.

I just checked my small storage VPS and a friends dedi and VPS to which I have access. All 3 are up and the latency is normal.

Generally speaking, I of course check my storage VPS each time I read about HS being down and in 4 out of 5 cases it is not down. That doesn't mean that those people lie but I take it to mean that just a single node is dead rather than "HS is down again!!!".

• cociucociu Member

@matp said: matp

the link of serverstatus is not function for years and will not function in the next year at least. This webpage is show only the vps nodes what is wit modulesfactory and is not even work from the first day of this module...

@cociu said:

the link of serverstatus is not function for years and will not function in the next year at least. This webpage is show only the vps nodes what is wit modulesfactory and is not even work from the first day of this module...

I get that you got trapped by some PHP module but come on, why the hell don't you get some reasonably working status page coded? I mean it's not rocket science or very expensive to have a script check all the nodes every minute (or even just every 15 minutes) and to put the results into a HTML page.

• @Adam1 said: so, what's the ticket number?

@cociu #917307

open time: 24/07/2020 (16:44)

Today I closed ticket and now I reopened again.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • cociucociu Member
    edited July 2020

@appcomq said: @cociu #917307

thanks , now we know at least your account , i will forward this to Adrian to take a look , unfortunatly is a ovz with the old module what you have and we have support zero from the module guy .. any way after put it online we will provide you a new kvm and you will migrate your data there to avoid all this mess in the future. We will update the tiket when is done.

EDIT : if you have backup of your data i can provide instantly a new kvm and the problem is solved fast.

Thanked by 1aneesh120
  • Just ran the uptime command on a VPS with @cociu and it shows this:

09:14:51 up 56 days, 16:47, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

But of course, one person's bad experience means @cociu sucks big time, while those of us with stable servers don't count as evidence that @cociu actually does offer decent servers. I think more people here need to check their heads as to how they are evaluating evidence. It doesn't take a genius to figure out given the volume and scale of @cociu's operations, the complaints that we are seeing are actually a small proportion of his entire customer base.

Thanked by 3jsg skorous MikePT
  • @jsg said:

@cociu said:

I get that you got trapped by some PHP module but come on, why the hell don't you get some reasonably working status page coded? I mean it's not rocket science or very expensive to have a script check all the nodes every minute (or even just every 15 minutes) and to put the results into a HTML page.

Goes to show how serious and professional he is with his business.

The dude might as well promote his services with a clear statement that support is best effort, quality and availability is not a priority. That would definitely set the expectations right. Like another provider here, offering dirt-cheap VPS plans and being clear about not providing support for it. It’s cheap, and everyone is happy, even without support :smile:

• @cociu said:

@debaser said: What I'm most curious about is if really all the host nodes are down, just like the status page shows, or if it's just that the status page itself is actually down.

do you see any customer to seccond this ? i dont see it ... so you can think if is all nodes or not (we talk about +150 vps nodes) .

Like I said: it's probably the latter. It's quite confusing though, maybe it's an idea to disable this page. Maybe switch it with an external tool like Hetrix.

• @cociu said: EDIT : if you have backup of your data i can provide instantly a new kvm and the problem is solved fast.

No data, just a nginx 301 use. I can install nginx on new VPS.

Timeline

2020-07-23 VPS down.

2020-07-24 I open a ticket.

2020-07-26 open this discussion on LET.

2020-07-28 I lost patience, Because they obviously saw me here, no one reply my ticket. so I closed ticket. and now reopened ticket.

Thanked by 2TimboJones Plioser
  • cociucociu Member

@poisson said: But of course, one person's bad experience means @cociu sucks big time, while those of us with stable servers don't count as evidence that @cociu actually does offer decent servers. I think more people here need to check their heads as to how they are evaluating evidence. It doesn't take a genius to figure out given the volume and scale of @cociu's operations, the complaints that we are seeing are actually a small proportion of his entire customer base.

feel bad for you :smile: , you are in a recent rebooted server seems :smile:

stor36 | CHANGED | rc=0 >>
    12:27:08 up 338 days, 15:55, 1 user, load average: 1.96, 2.06, 2.42
    stor35 | CHANGED | rc=0 >>
    12:27:08 up 338 days, 15:54, 1 user, load average: 3.30, 3.45, 3.51

some of my customer who is in this 2 nodes can confirm .

Thanked by 1poisson
  • cociucociu Member

@appcomq said: No data, just a nginx 301 use. I can install nginx on new VPS.

the new kvm is provided after you reopened the tiket and we locate your problem. So problem solved.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Be strong.

Livin' la vida lowend loca!

• @cociu said:

@appcomq said: @cociu #917307

thanks , now we know at least your account , i will forward this to Adrian to take a look , unfortunatly is a ovz with the old module what you have and we have support zero from the module guy .. any way after put it online we will provide you a new kvm and you will migrate your data there to avoid all this mess in the future. We will update the tiket when is done.

EDIT : if you have backup of your data i can provide instantly a new kvm and the problem is solved fast.

See ?

Posting on LET works. It has been what ? 2 days ?

The guy opened ticket for 4 days and no one seem to bother. 2 days on LET and you got migrated from OVZ to KVM.

And you wondering why people posting on LET instead of using ticket.

@cociu said:
    i will not ask about your sister because cociu is change in the last month`s

also referring yourself in 3rd person is just weird.

• cociucociu Member

@yokowasis said: The guy opened ticket for 4 days and no one seem to bother. 2 days on LET and you got migrated from OVZ to KVM.

its easy to read between the lines and choose only what benefit you , i have offered this to many customers not only him , also we work dayly in the tikets so depend of the day/hour when the client was opened the tiket etc etc. BUT i repeat is easy for you and many haters from here to read between the lines.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @cociu said:

@yokowasis said: The guy opened ticket for 4 days and no one seem to bother. 2 days on LET and you got migrated from OVZ to KVM.

its easy to read between the lines and choose only what benefit you , i have offered this to many customers not only him , also we work dayly in the tikets so depend of the day/hour when the client was opened the tiket etc etc. BUT i repeat is easy for you and many haters from here to read between the lines.

Deliver a better service and you wont have haters.

• @QuangNguyen said:

You can choose not to buy. My servers are doing very well with very good uptime (I have multiple HS servers).

• MoopahMoopah Member

Why are you making so much drama after only a couple days of downtime at hostsolutions? I only make a ticket if my hostsolution VPS is down for more than a month. Everyone purchases from HostSolutions either for the drama/entertainment value or for a great value, no support, low uptime VPS service. As a customer of 2+ years, cociu has always met my expectations.

• @cociu said:

Yeah, I don't see any reason to ignore ticket for 4 days regardless of the work hour. Unless of course if you only work on Monday to Wednesday.

@poisson said:

@QuangNguyen said:

You can choose not to buy. My servers are doing very well with very good uptime (I have multiple HS servers).

Well, it's not really about the downing upping time. Because we all know how HOSTRO works. If you buying hostro expecting 99.9% uptime, it's on you.

This is more about @cociu complaining people posting on LET and not use the ticketing system failed to realize that people complaining on forum because their ticket is ignored.

• @cociu said: the link of serverstatus is not function for years and will not function in the next year at least.

This is gold.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • PHDanPHDan Member

This is LET in a nutshell.

Hostsolutions fucked up, costumer opens thread, coicu ignores and then claims the costumer is a liar and out to get him. Poisson white knights, costumer posts ticket number (This isn't Hostsolutions tiket sistem!!), VPS actually was fucked up.

Should have a new offer thread up in a day or so.

• LeviLevi Member

@PHDan said:

Hostsolutions fucked up, costumer opens thread, coicu ignores and then claims the costumer is a liar and out to get him. Poisson white knights, costumer posts ticket number (This isn't Hostsolutions tiket sistem!!), VPS actually was fucked up.

And they will buy, receive downing and complain. The cycle continues, the entropy is finite. Hail hostsolutions!

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2020

@poisson said:
    Just ran the uptime command on a VPS with @cociu and it shows this:

09:14:51 up 56 days, 16:47, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

But of course, one person's bad experience means @cociu sucks big time, while those of us with stable servers don't count as evidence that @cociu actually does offer decent servers. I think more people here need to check their heads as to how they are evaluating evidence. It doesn't take a genius to figure out given the volume and scale of @cociu's operations, the complaints that we are seeing are actually a small proportion of his entire customer base.

cough cough Just to be clear, but the "server uptime" is not just a measurement of the VPS's uptime. That doesn't factor in network issues that would prevent the server from being reached by the outside world. I can't tell you how many times (over half a dozen) I've used VNC to access a VPS console that is up and operational, but without network access.

HS isn't just providing a VPS that doesn't reboot/power off, but a network connection as well. Network issues has been a huge source of problems for HS customer's uptime for the longest time.

Also, you can't make any conclusions on cociu's operations wrt to the amount of complaints on LET. I'd imagine there's a lot of people who would think that is pointless. I know I don't ticket or complain anymore when Cloud at Cost (notoriously shitty provider that did "one-time" sales at discounts) eats shit (regular basis).

Thanked by 2donko muffin
  • @PHDan said:

Someday, someone IRL will ask you wtf you keep spelling customers wrong. They won't get the joke.

edited July 2020

@yokowasis said:
    Yeah, I don't see any reason to ignore ticket for 4 days regardless of the work hour. Unless of course if you only work on Monday to Wednesday.

From what I hear support has got much, much better since @MikePT is involved. My (very few) tickets have been resolved rather quickly.

But again, payment for work outside the 7 am to 6 pm window and for weekends is almost everywhere - and certainly in Europe - much higher than for normal work hours. Hence not only @cociu but many providers here, especially the cheaper ones, do not run more than (max) 2 support shifts.
    That's just one price to pay when you buy ultra-cheap. You need rock solid service and fast support around the clock? No problem, just pay the price and buy from a premium provider.

@bugrakoc said:

@cociu said: the link of serverstatus is not function for years and will not function in the next year at least.

This is gold.

Yes, it really is - and frankly, I think it's stupid from @cociu because he is online ( so he says and I have no reason to think that's a lie) 15 hrs per day or so -> he could know when a node goes down - but for that he needed a - small and cheap - 'node-alive?' module/software that could send an alarm to him and his tech. guy. And his customers would be happier too.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • PHDanPHDan Member

@jsg said: do not run more than (max) 2 support shifts.

Or did the chat module break too? Probably hasn't worked in years and won't work for yet another year.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@PHDan

I know, I know, and that made me smirk too. But frankly, that's to be booked under 'marketing BS' with many providers.

Thanked by 1PHDan
  • @jsg said:
    @PHDan

I know, I know, and that made me smirk too. But frankly, that's to be booked under 'marketing BS' with many providers.

Agreed. Even one men show hosts come up with that ‘24/7 support’ thing. Like, really? 24/7 support for a one men show host? When are you gonna sleep, mate?!

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2020

@jsg said:
    @cociu but many providers here, especially the cheaper ones, do not run more than (max) 2 support shifts.
    That's just one price to pay when you buy ultra-cheap. You need rock solid service and fast support around the clock? No problem, just pay the price and buy from a premium provider.

Again, it's not about their lack luster of support, because we all know their support IS lackluster. It's more about @cociu complaining people post on forum. If you don't have a decent support system, you don't get to be mad when your customer lashed out on forum. You be a Man and own it, and admit your support system is suck and apology. Also as you can see, posting your problem on forum is a better way to solve your problem. @cociu himself proving this.

@cociu said:
    EDIT : if you have backup of your data i can provide instantly a new kvm and the problem is solved fast

It's like you don't get to be mad when your GF want find another Man because you never there for her. You own up your mistakes and apology, upgrade your service or give her credit would be great. But you don't get to mad at her.

Thanked by 2donko Plioser
  • @TimboJones said:
    cough cough Just to be clear, but the "server uptime" is not just a measurement of the VPS's uptime. That doesn't factor in network issues that would prevent the server from being reached by the outside world. I can't tell you how many times (over half a dozen) I've used VNC to access a VPS console that is up and operational, but without network access.

I will categorically state that I had full network access (easily above 250 mbps at any time) for the entire length of service (almost a year now) except that time when his new router went kaput. I have never needed to log in using VNC ever.

I must be hallucinating. cough cough

• @PHDan said:

Obviously some people cannot take real evidence and data pointing to the contrary. Par the course on LET.