Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day.
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Hostsolutions VPS has downing 2 day.

appcomqappcomq Member

:) Hostsolutions.ro VPS It has been down 2 days.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Comments

• Welcome to LowEndSupport!

We are all working really hard to solve your problem.

Thanked by 2jixun bacloud
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

@appcomq said:

Nothing unusual.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited July 26

Can you access SolusVM control panel? You will find the button Restart or Start, have you tried to click on them? Do you know that your provider is self-managed? so in this your case you need to do management yourself as you do pay peanuts!

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • WSCallumWSCallum Member, Provider

@WebProject said:
    Can you access SolusVM control panel? You will find the button Restart or Start, have you tried to click on them? Do you know that your provider is self-managed? so in this your case you need to do management yourself as you do pay peanuts!

Being self managed is no excuse for downtime assuming this is an issue not caused by something on the VPS itself.

Clouveo - SSD Cloud Servers & Hosting
    AMD EPYC Powered | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

• thedpthedp Member

More downing than upping it seems 😀

Brandable VM/VPS Hosting Domain Names For Sale!

• appcomqappcomq Member

@WebProject said: Can you access SolusVM control panel?

No have SolusVM control panel, The WHMCS Login to bor3 Host failed., it seems that the host is down.

• appcomqappcomq Member

@mhosting_in said: have you opened a ticket to there support?

yes, 2day days ago.

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

@appcomq said: Has anyone encountered the same problem?

I guess every HostSolutions customer encountered the same problem at least once. ;)

Be patient and hopefully your ticket will be processed after the weekend.

IT Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    Thanked by 1MikePT

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £45/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• naturalnatural Member

another typical day in romania .

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

it is expected :p

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 26

The correct address is
    10 Downing Street

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited July 26

@WSCallum said:

@WebProject said:

Being self managed is no excuse for downtime assuming this is an issue not caused by something on the VPS itself.

I do understand that, but from my personal experience when one of my customers disabled all the Linux tasks at the startup so OS unable to load and tries to blame provider I think in my case it’s clearly issue with administration of VPS and such customer need a full managed service.

@appcomq said:

No have SolusVM control panel, The WHMCS Login to bor3 Host failed., it seems that the host is down.

Very odd that they don’t provide any access to SolusVM control panel.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • appcomqappcomq Member

@WebProject said:

@WSCallum said:

@WebProject said:

I do understand that, but from my personal experience when one of my customers disabled all the Linux tasks at the startup so OS unable to load and tries to blame provider I think in my case it’s clearly issue with administration of VPS and such customer need a full managed service.

@appcomq said:

Very odd that they don’t provide any access to SolusVM control panel.

Only WHMCS, Now lost the reinstall, reboot button, all operation buttons, only see statistial traffic.

• BertieBertie Member
    edited July 26

@WebProject said: I do understand that, but from my personal experience when one of my customers disabled all the Linux tasks at the startup so OS unable to load and tries to blame provider I think in my case it’s clearly issue with administration of VPS and such customer need a full managed service.

With all due respect, maybe you shouldn't be commenting as an expert for something you've gotten no context on.

A customer intentionally destroying their VPS is a diametrically different situation than what HostSolutions customers sign up for.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

Thank you for tagging me, I do not work during weekends but he can PM me his ticket number though I wouldn't like to turn this our support desk
    ... 😁

@appcomq said:

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

PM me your ticket ID.

• LTnigerLTniger Member
    edited July 27

I sense fart mother incoming because of this downing. The fart is nigh.

I summon @consumer_justice !

Thanked by 1t0ny0
  • jsgjsg Member

Payment during weekend is considerably higher than during the week. So make up your mind. You can get super-cheap or you can get super-reliable incl. service during weekends - but not both. Or you can choose the third way, a reasonable compromise, e.g. @AlexBarakov / AlphaVps and a few others; very decent service for a relatively modest price.

But kindly stop complaining about something that's but a consequence of your decision.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt

Thanks no.

• appcomqappcomq Member

@MikePT said:

Thank you for tagging me, I do not work during weekends but he can PM me his ticket number though I wouldn't like to turn this our support desk
    ... 😁

Please check openvz "bor3" node. :#

Thank you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • naturalnatural Member

low end or dead end ?

• thedpthedp Member

@natural said:
    low end or dead end ?

The downing end.

• appcomqappcomq Member

80 hrs still downing... :)

• LTnigerLTniger Member

@appcomq said:
    80 hrs still downing... :)

Like a champ. Keep going.

• We, LowEndSupport are still working hard to solve your issue. PLEASE HOLD ON.

• vbloodsvbloods Member
    edited July 27

what is downing ?

its either up or down.

• thedpthedp Member

@vbloods said:
    what is downing ?

its either up or down.

Don't know what but we know where and who :joy:

@appcomq said:

@MikePT said:

... 😁

Please check openvz "bor3" node. :#

Thank you.

Open a ticket please.

• matpmatp Member

Is there a better place than LET to get a general status update for hostsolutions?
    The hostsolutions status page just shows everything offline and the last stats from my box were from July 23.

I don't have high expectations in terms of uptime for hostsolutions and there is no reason for me to add another ticket to their support queue since I assume they know what is going on.

It would just be useful if there was a place (perhaps at the top of their status page) where they had some general status message that could be updated periodically. Something like:

We are experiencing a general outage due to a core router failure and are working on it. We hope to be back online sometime next week. Check this page for updates. Please don't bother to open a support ticket related to your server being down as we are already working on it. Once we determine the final length of the outage we will apply a proportional credit to each account for the down hours.

status-page

last-stats

• momkinmomkin Member

And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes :smile:

Thanked by 1donko
  • Come on we're losing millions every minute!

• appcomqappcomq Member

@momkin said:
    And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes :smile:

Maybe 3 weeks is a very lucky time. >:)

• vbloodsvbloods Member

This is a joke.

• lokuzardlokuzard Member

So should we expect a 50%+ credit top-up promotion soon?
    I love me some unusable dirt cheap, high storage VPS.

• LTnigerLTniger Member

@lokuzard said:

What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

That vps is suitable for hardcore ISO seeding, where you expect uptime to be 85% or less.

Lower your expectations to a very low minimum and than a bit more.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

I think, we can petition to have #YOLO replaced with #HostSolutionsRO on LET :tongue:

Thanked by 1LTniger
  • PHDanPHDan Member

@LTniger said: What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

I think the point was that if they popped yet another router then expect a flash capital raise attempt in the form of "Double your deposit" so he can get a quick interest-free short term loan against his costumers.

Thanked by 2LTniger t0ny0
  • cociucociu Member, Provider

@momkin said: And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes

i am came here and take my coffe , Miguel was ask him 2 times about his tiket number , also this is not my tiketing system , i understand if our whmcs is down and you look for a alternative to comunication but definetly LET is not a place to resolve tikets.

• angeliusangelius Member

I'm seeing this with HO every month or every few months, ... Why are they still allowed to sell here with such a bad track record?

• thedpthedp Member

@angelius said:
    I'm seeing this with HO every month or every few months, ... Why are they still allowed to sell here with such a bad track record?

Because it brings people together on LET :)

Thanked by 3t0ny0 maverickp lentro

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 28

@cociu said:

@momkin said: And again @cociu will come here and say it was power issues which has been solved in 3 minutes

i am came here and take my coffe , Miguel was ask him 2 times about his tiket number , also this is not my tiketing system , i understand if our whmcs is down and you look for a alternative to comunication but definetly LET is not a place to resolve tikets.

But it works. Don't fix what's not broken. If people get more info, and more resolution by posting on LET, they will keep doing that.

@angelius said:

Because no rules on LET that prevent provider with high downing time to post offer.

Also people already know how worse the vps and the downing time.

I mean, if a person known to selling garbage, do you really call it as a scam if you buy something from him and get a garbage?

Also it's not a bad track record. Because bad track record is scamming someone. In this case if customer doesn't happy with HORO, @cociu will just refund him. It's like take it or leave it situation.

Unless @cociu begin scamming someone, he won't go anywhere soon.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@yokowasis said: Because no rules on LET that prevent provider with high downing time to post offer.

I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

There was a point earlier in the year where it looked like he was improving things, supposedly a new router went in, etc. No idea if the router is still there or if it was just a trial period.

I feel that if he was banned from posting on here that it'd really hurt the brand, maybe even sink it.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • cociucociu Member, Provider
    edited July 28

@Francisco said: I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

There was a point earlier in the year where it looked like he was improving things, supposedly a new router went in, etc. No idea if the router is still there or if it was just a trial period.

I feel that if he was banned from posting on here that it'd really hurt the brand, maybe even sink it.

Francisco

we talk here about one client (maybe yes with problem ... wo know because i dont have his tiket number, and pending tikets right now is 30 ) and Miguel was asking him 2 times about tiket number so i am almost 100% this tiket is not opened until now. So ... where i am faill ?

• LTnigerLTniger Member

@cociu said:

@Francisco said: I'm guessing some of the staff here pity him and let things go in hopes he figures it out.

Francisco

So ... where i am faill ?

Probably you fail to monitor your VPS servers for their general status in the node. Simple container monitor would help you to detect problems faster than your clients.

Thanked by 2maverickp bugrakoc
  • lokuzardlokuzard Member

@LTniger said:

@lokuzard said:

What's the point for so called credit when downtime will again strike for few weeks? There is no point.

Exactly!
    @cociu makes an offer or credit top-up promotion, some will bite, then they will come here and complain when their servers are slow or down and their tickets haven't been answered for x days.

That vps is suitable for hardcore ISO seeding, where you expect uptime to be 85% or less.

Lower your expectations to a very low minimum and than a bit more.

I wouldn't even use it for free.
    I value my information and would rather not give it to such unprofessional host.

• jsgjsg Member
    edited July 28

@Francisco

So, where should the line be drawn? At 99.9% availability? At 99.5%? At 99%? Or maybe at 95%?

Plus: @cociu / HostSolutions is super-cheap, so how can one possibly expect the service level of a provider who asks double the price? If one drew the line at 99.5% HostSolutions would be banned here I presume, but (a) so would others, and (b) and more importantly that would also mean that the super-cheap providers' offers wouldn't be available here anymore. Do we really want that?

Granted, I wouldn't host an important (always available) system with HS but I'm quite happy with my dirt-cheap little storage box there.

@cociu

It would be helpful for both you and us if you would update us a bit more on (hopefully positive) changes like e.g. "upgraded core router to dual XYZ 1000" or "extended UPS" etc.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt

Thanks no.

• codelockcodelock Member

Where is my popcorn

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
    edited July 28

@jsg said: So, where should the line be drawn? At 99.9% availability? At 99.5%? At 99%? Or maybe at 95%?

Plus: @cociu/HostSolutions is super-cheap,

That's just it. If he can't sustain the price he's offering...then he shouldn't offer it.

He should either adjust resources (so he can better manage) or charge more. If his product isn't falling apart then people will gladly buy it, even if it's priced higher. If people will only buy his plans because they're willing piss away the cash for the lulz, then he has bigger PR issues.

When things do break I do my best to keep some sort of communications channel open. Twitter, Discord, forum threads if its spilled onto there, etc.

Complete node meltdowns have been happening since near day 1 of him offering on here. There was FSCKaggedon, there's been multi day outages that were an 'oops power', many many times. Either the facility he's in is crap (isn't he in the same place Voxility is or is he GRE'ing?), or he isn't monitoring his strips worth a damn.

Shit happens, hardware breaks, fat finger a config, etc. I've climbed that mountain a dozen times in all my years. I get it.

Stop with the credit top ups. As someone else put it, it's just him taking a zero interest loan from his customers, selling a promise that maybe some day the credit will be worth something.

EDIT - shuffling my text

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • appcomqappcomq Member

@cociu I have closed the ticket, because 4 days have passed, no one reply.

Your WHMCS cannot connect to the host. Tips "Login to bor3 Host failed." This is a problem with your host server, not VPS.

and you chose to turn a blind eye, just go check your Network Status https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/serverstatus.php

All server is Not Available. Last Updated: 23/07/2020 (09:11)