Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Oneprovider Review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Oneprovider Review?

youandriyouandri Member

Hello,

Want to ask again, does anyone use OneProvider for dedicated servers or onecloud vps.
How about a review from you who has a server there?

As far as I know, OneProvider is a reseller of many providers, do you know which providers?

Thank you very much.

VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

Comments

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Thanked by 1youandri
  • youandriyouandri Member

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    Btw, how do we know that the disk must be replaced? Is it broken and can't boot?

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited July 23

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    Thanked by 1youandri
  • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

    OneProvider only resells from other datacenter providers, i.e. the network quality will be the one of the datacenter.

    For example Online.net Paris, where most of their European low-end servers are located, is hopelessly oversold. During night times you can often burst up to 1 Gbps and if you have bad luck and noise neighbours it can go down to even below 1 Mbps during prime time. It may work for you but maybe not. Support is low-end as well.

    If your expectations are low and you can find a sweet deal, you may give it a try.
    But clearly don't expect the experience one may have from a premium provider who cares about his customers.

    Thanked by 1youandri

    IT Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

  • umiumi Member

    Regarding OneCloud: Some datacenters are excellent and some are really bad. It'll cost you just 1 cent to spin up vps and test it and its connectivity. But if you are lucky then it's a keeper for sure.

    Thanked by 1youandri
  • youandriyouandri Member
    edited July 23

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    @dfroe said:
    OneProvider only resells from other datacenter providers, i.e. the network quality will be the one of the datacenter.

    For example Online.net Paris, where most of their European low-end servers are located, is hopelessly oversold. During night times you can often burst up to 1 Gbps and if you have bad luck and noise neighbours it can go down to even below 1 Mbps during prime time. It may work for you but maybe not. Support is low-end as well.

    If your expectations are low and you can find a sweet deal, you may give it a try.
    But clearly don't expect the experience one may have from a premium provider who cares about his customers.

    Do you know their provider other than online.net?

    @umi said:
    Regarding OneCloud: Some datacenters are excellent and some are really bad. It'll cost you just 1 cent to spin up vps and test it and its connectivity. But if you are lucky then it's a keeper for sure.

    If onecloud, are reselling other providers?

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    Depends, sometimes, the shit support makes it worse.

  • youandriyouandri Member

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    Depends, sometimes, the shit support makes it worse.

    Is the support so bad? The response is long? or how?

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    Depends, sometimes, the shit support makes it worse.

    Is the support so bad? The response is long? or how?

    Booth, so you wait 1 day + for a shit response that just makes you angry.

    Thanked by 1boernd
  • youandriyouandri Member

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:

    @youandri said:

    @Neoon said:
    Well, the Support sucks, as long the server works you are fine.
    Even getting a disk replaced is a pain in the arse.

    If you want just want cheap servers and do not really care about support, go for it.

    Means that only support is not good?

    The network can suck to, but its mostly related to online.net reselling.
    You can get broken hardware but that happens also on other hosts.

    The issue is mostly, getting it fixed.

    At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    Depends, sometimes, the shit support makes it worse.

    Is the support so bad? The response is long? or how?

    Booth, so you wait 1 day + for a shit response that just makes you angry.

    I see, Maybe because they are a reseller.

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • youandriyouandri Member

    Btw, Is oneprovider in this forum?

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • umiumi Member
    edited July 23

    Actually I never talked to their support at all. Control panel was more than enough.
    Rule number 1 and the last ;) If things are bad then move your vps to another datacenter. They are hourly billed, not yearly!
    I use their vpses as an CDN edges, so bad nodes are automatically detected and removed from dns.
    Where do you get Tokyo, HongKong, Singapore, Sydney, Johannesburg vps with native ipv4 and hourly billing for just $3? Nowhere...

    Thanked by 1youandri
  • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

    @youandri said: At least the quality is the same as the reselling provider?

    Regarding network quality: Most likely.
    Regarding support quality: Depends.

    With One Provider you support experience will like playing ping-pong with their L1 support copying and pasting nonsense text templates.

    Of course if everything is running well, there is no need for support.

    @youandri said: Do you know their provider other than online.net?

    In Paris and Amsterdam it is online.net. In Dusseldorf it is myLoc. Don't know about the others.

    Thanked by 1youandri

    IT Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

  • Shot2Shot2 Member

    In Paris there is also OVH. And in Montreal, OVH too.

    Thanked by 1youandri

    Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyVM, OneProv, Servarica, Veesp.

  • notgodnotgod Member

    i have 5 vps, down lot time every month

    if got DMCA, stop you VPS first, and not have any notice
    if you ask tell you dmca abuse,any region same

    support ticket reply > 12 hours every time for me

    Thanked by 1youandri

    Ping.pe : web ping test service an internet host from 60+ locations in worldwide
    StorageVPS.com : this domains can seller .....

  • akrusakrus Member

    I've been using them for a while, but planning to leave when my prepaid period ends.
    1. The network can have random packet losses, increased latency, etc. and they are not really interested to help. They keep asking to provide more details even when you tell them the obvious details that the losses are happening after 2nd hop and whatever is before is working fine. Then eventually after several hours it's back to normal so they just mark the case as 'Resolved'. Weird thing, I have multiple servers in Paris, but it doesn't apply to all of them, some are working fine.
    2. Once I got abuse report, they sent me an email asking to resolve it within 48 hours and guess what? They immediately blocked my server leaving only rescue boot mode available, I deleted the file (I have public hosting there) and asked them to unblock it, but the first response I got was after more than 6 hours, then it took 1 hour more to explain them the whole thing. Well, I just kindly asked them to report such cases so we can process them accordingly, but they told they will block the server anyway, so I had to move to Online.net directly.

    Thanked by 1youandri
  • youandriyouandri Member

    @notgod said:
    i have 5 vps, down lot time every month

    if got DMCA, stop you VPS first, and not have any notice
    if you ask tell you dmca abuse,any region same

    support ticket reply > 12 hours every time for me

    What happen? why you got DMCA?

    @akrus said:
    I've been using them for a while, but planning to leave when my prepaid period ends.
    1. The network can have random packet losses, increased latency, etc. and they are not really interested to help. They keep asking to provide more details even when you tell them the obvious details that the losses are happening after 2nd hop and whatever is before is working fine. Then eventually after several hours it's back to normal so they just mark the case as 'Resolved'. Weird thing, I have multiple servers in Paris, but it doesn't apply to all of them, some are working fine.
    2. Once I got abuse report, they sent me an email asking to resolve it within 48 hours and guess what? They immediately blocked my server leaving only rescue boot mode available, I deleted the file (I have public hosting there) and asked them to unblock it, but the first response I got was after more than 6 hours, then it took 1 hour more to explain them the whole thing. Well, I just kindly asked them to report such cases so we can process them accordingly, but they told they will block the server anyway, so I had to move to Online.net directly.

    Why you got abuse?

    :smile:

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • akrusakrus Member
    edited July 24

    @youandri said: Why you got abuse?

    Well, it's generally described here:
    https://oneprovider.com/about-us/terms-of-service

    Illegal activities and content
    OneProvider reserves the right to terminate your account without further notice

    So it's not about the content, but generally hosting a public non-moderated service is impossible there (and it's not a problem for Hetzner & Online.net) as anybody can upload anything, just send abuse and voilà, the service is down.

  • youandriyouandri Member

    @akrus said:

    @youandri said: Why you got abuse?

    Well, it's generally described here:
    https://oneprovider.com/about-us/terms-of-service

    Illegal activities and content
    OneProvider reserves the right to terminate your account without further notice

    So it's not about the content, but generally hosting a public non-moderated service is impossible there (and it's not a problem for Hetzner & Online.net) as anybody can upload anything, just send abuse and voilà, the service is down.

    I see.
    So when they receive the report, they immediately turned off, without checking and confirmation first?

    VPS with perfect, complete, unique control panel and feature + has a mobile application, please check Cloudcone (Aff)

  • akrusakrus Member

    @youandri said: So when they receive the report, they immediately turned off, without checking and confirmation first?

    Exactly.

  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member

    @notgod said:
    i have 5 vps, down lot time every month

    if got DMCA, stop you VPS first, and not have any notice
    if you ask tell you dmca abuse,any region same

    support ticket reply > 12 hours every time for me

    DMCA for normal files or CP ?

Sign In or Register to comment.