Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with Mac OS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with Mac OS?

2»

Comments

• According to me, all the hosting provider who provide some cheap vps for mac & iPage is the cheapest hosting provider for mac . And the some other best Macos hosting providers are bluehost, Liquid web, A2Hosting, SiteGround, etc.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cloudminister said:
    According to me, all the hosting provider who provide some cheap vps for mac & iPage is the cheapest hosting provider for mac . And the some other best Macos hosting providers are bluehost, Liquid web, A2Hosting, SiteGround, etc.

If that was a joke you got me lol

• @freerangecloud said:
    We can do mac OS VMs in Fremont. They're not currently on our new website, but it runs down to about $12.99/mo for 2GB RAM, single core, 50GB SSD.

Does iMessage and maps and all iCloud function properly? Performance well on it?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@scooke said: What difference is there in hosting on a Mac? I can't say I've ever really come across a site that was clearly or obviously hosted on a Mac. Would it end up like using MAMP?

macOS is just a BSD-flavored Unix. You can run nginx, php, apache, etc. on them natively.

There used to be also a 'macOS server' which bundles all of this together for you in an app store kind of way. It still exists though now it's more of a server management tool than a bundled webware thing.

Ironically...Apple used to sell some excellent rackmount servers.

Thanked by 1scooke
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

@doughnet said:

@freerangecloud said:
    We can do mac OS VMs in Fremont. They're not currently on our new website, but it runs down to about $12.99/mo for 2GB RAM, single core, 50GB SSD.

Does iMessage and maps and all iCloud function properly? Performance well on it?

Unfortunately not. iMessage does not function due to Apple requiring a dedicated serial number

• @freerangecloud said:

@doughnet said:

@freerangecloud said:

Unfortunately not. iMessage does not function due to Apple requiring a dedicated serial number

So these are not legitimate Mac OS vps running on Mac hardware?

• I still don't get the whole Mac VM thing. Don't people usually use Macs for video editing, or professional photographic edits (which both won't work properly on a VM), or am I missing something?

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

@doughnet said:

@freerangecloud said:

@doughnet said:

@freerangecloud said:

So these are not legitimate Mac OS vps running on Mac hardware?

It's running on a mac mini, but we're running Proxmox which doesn't expose the hardware serial number.