Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSRUS Closing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSRUS Closing

XenosXenos Member

Closing Business

The purpose of this letter is to notify you that VPSRUS will be
closing business on 09/01/2020. You will need to make arrangements to
have your services (Dedicated or Shared Hosting transferred to a new
company, before that date.

After that time, we will no longer be available to provide assistance.
Also, customers that have paid per year contact us for a refund of the
time left

Thank you for your past business and support. We wish you all the best
for your continued success.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or provide assistance
as you make arrangements to work with a new provider. I will be
available during business hours on 09/01/2020, which will be
VPSRUS’s final day of operation.

Sincerely,

Wagner Machado

VPSRUS

Comments

• donkodonko Member

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3075849/#Comment_3075849

Also i'm the only one which read that date as 09-January-2020?

• XenosXenos Member

@donko said:

The US primarily uses the mm/dd/yyyy format.

Thanked by 1donko
  • pikepike Veteran

@Xenos said:

@donko said:

Maybe they should stop doing that, and while they're on it stop using imperial units too

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@pike said: Maybe they should stop doing that, and while they're on it stop using imperial units too

If we did that, we couldn't have Pi Day anymore (3/14).

When do you guys celebra...oh, right, you can't celebrate it.

And BTW, Imperial units rock. But the US actually uses mixed units (both imperial and metric) and has for decades, so seems like your info is a bit out of date.

Pardon me while I pour a drink out of my 2-liter...while my British friends are still drinking "pints".

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • naingnaing Member

@pike said:

@Xenos said:

@donko said:

Maybe they should stop doing that, and while they're on it stop using imperial units too

I agree, yyyy-mm-dd is the way to go. There surely won't be any confusion as nobody uses yyyy-dd-mm.

• @Xenos said:
    Closing Business

I read somewhere that this was going to happen before then he changed his mind?

• XenosXenos Member

@hotlineservers said:

@Xenos said:
    Closing Business

I read somewhere that this was going to happen before then he changed his mind?

He originally announced he was closing shop in early January 2020 and changed his mind. I have been renting a server from him since that announcement.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2020

I think VPRr(US) might be the clue. ;)
    Being brought up during the UK decimalisation, I'm all screwed up with units: microns, (mm, sometimes), inches, feet, metres, miles, grams, lbs, stone, kg, mph, mpg ... oh, I give up!
    Anyway, the 'mericans never could measure a gallon properly! :p

@AlwaysSkint said: I think VPRr(US) might be the clue.

I assumed it was VPS R Us, like Toys R Us.

@naing said: I agree, yyyy-mm-dd is the way to go. There surely won't be any confusion as nobody uses yyyy-dd-mm.

If only there was some kind of standard...

• @raindog308 said:

@naing said: I agree, yyyy-mm-dd is the way to go. There surely won't be any confusion as nobody uses yyyy-dd-mm.

If only there was some kind of standard...

And that standard is still retarded.

Dd-mm-yyyy.

Thanked by 2ariq01 pike
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@naing said: I agree, yyyy-mm-dd is the way to go.

This. ISO 8601.

Thanked by 1skorous

@serv_ee said: And that standard is still retarded.

yyyy-mm-dd makes sorting in date order really easy - just a pure numeric sort. Very easy to create hierarchies in filesystems by year/month as well.

dd-mm-yyyy is much more difficult to sort.

• Well I don't know, maybe it's just cause I'm used to that sort of sorting. Everything goes by that in these parts.

• cochoncochon Member

@raindog308 said:
    And BTW, Imperial units rock. But the US actually uses mixed units (both imperial and metric) and has for decades, so seems like your info is a bit out of date.

Pardon me while I pour a drink out of my 2-liter...while my British friends are still drinking "pints".

As a Brit, and a beer drinker, I would like to point out from bitter (pun!) experience that the US does NOT use imperial measurements. You stuck with the old fashioned pre-imperial sizes when you gained independence.

An imperial pint (like you get in a UK pub) = 20 fluid ounces, a US pint (like you get in a US bar) = 16 fluid ounces, and even your fluid ounces are a fractionally different size. For enjoying a 'pint' I think I prefer the glasses this side of the pond ;)

... and I hesitate to bring up the US spelling of litre, I'll leave that to any French contributors :o

On topic, I'd always thought vpsRus were a Russian provider until now :)

• @raindog308 said: I assumed it was VPS R Us, like Toys R Us.

I was being facetious; I assumed the same. ;)

• @raindog308 said:

@serv_ee said: And that standard is still retarded.

yyyy-mm-dd makes sorting in date order really easy - just a pure numeric sort. Very easy to create hierarchies in filesystems by year/month as well.

dd-mm-yyyy is much more difficult to sort.

Oh why can't the world just do this. I use yyyy-mm-dd for the office because indeed its super easy to sort thru it. Even windows can do it. :/

• OujiOuji Member

As someone that uses dd-mm-yyyy, I hate the US format. I use it for work because everybody else uses there, but I always struggle unless the day is higher than 12 (when that happens it's easier to realize there is no 13th month in the calendar).

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Some Americans when they see a due date that is 13/02/20, they think there is an error with the billing system thus not needing to pay an invoice.

@Ouji said:
    As someone that uses dd-mm-yyyy, I hate the US format. I use it for work because everybody else uses there, but I always struggle unless the day is higher than 12 (when that happens it's easier to realize there is no 13th month in the calendar).

• LeviLevi Member

I always read this as VPS RUSsia.

• DazzleDazzle Member

Well, tagging @SmallWeb since he is looking for something like this.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Dazzle said:
    Well, tagging @SmallWeb since he is looking for something like this.

Thanks. The company seems to have a larger product range so I will say this:

I would be happy to refugee any cPanel customer to DirectAdmin on their base plans/pricing shown on the website with possibility to pay less with less resources. People with custom plans and pricing can get in touch and discuss. We do offer a price match guarantee in reasonable scenarios.

We should be un-paused before the date in the email.