Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JetBackup Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

JetBackup Reviews

Hello,

I have few VPS that I want to backup. 2 of them are using cPanel and a few without any control panel. Since JetBackup is now offering backups for linux based servers without any panel, I am really considering to give them a try.

How is your experience with them so far ??
Especially for server without control panel, how is your experience??

Also what kind of storage server/vps you are using to backup your Data?

Thanks

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2020

I have been using it on one server and it has been running since 31st March this year. Being completely honest, it has been faultless. I backup to S3 and run several jobs to backup files and databases.

Had 2 failed jobs in that time and I can only suspect there was a connection/transfer issue between the server and S3 as the next jobs ran fine.

Restored from backup twice, no issues.

Overall, highly recommended to allow you the ability to run whatever backups you want, whenever and how often you need.

My only reason for running it on one server is that it will only run on centOS and everything else I have is Ubuntu/Debian, if they get it working with those I would buy more licences. But it's been 'coming soon' so long now I doubt it ever will at this point.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • Hi @Lee ,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with JetBackup for Linux and your continued support of our software.

We hear you regarding our timeline for Ubuntu and Debian support for our next major JetBackup release(JetBackup 5).

For a quick update, we have had great success with our initial ALPHA release with the DirectAdmin(CentOS7) version and will be expanding soon to get more feedback from the community, helping us speed up our development towards an Ubuntu/Debian supported release version.

With that said, may I also take this time to urge you to visit our request site and vote for this feature as this can help us and our developers gauge the demand and push development for this feature in our timeline.

We greatly appreciate your patience waiting for our releases thus far and hope to exceed your expectations soon!

Best Regards,
    Anton, JetApps Team.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Don't think about jetbackup, just do it. The amount of time and frustration it saves me is legendary.

• LeeLee Veteran

@JetApps said: With that said, may I also take this time to urge you to visit our request site and vote for this feature as this can help us and our developers gauge the demand and push development for this feature in our timeline.

Thanks, Anton, will do. I get that CentOS was first and where you have a control panel it makes sense but the amount of people out there without a control panel choosing CentOS over Ubuntu/Debian these days seems like you are missing out a lot. Certainly, in my case, just one person, you are missing out on a close to $1k annually.

• Jetbackup is really a cool thing. You won't regret.