Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UltraVPS.eu] NVME Special Offers in Amsterdam - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UltraVPS.eu] NVME Special Offers in Amsterdam

Comments

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited July 2020

@vimalware said:
    Low end k8s cluster for less than $10.

All in one node? :smiley:

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2020

@moonswamp said:
    where is the client area link ?

Also, Support is via email from customer to their support address.
    (very nice to search for if you have fulltext-indexed inbox like Google mail/gsuite)

Just a couple of things that tripped me up the first time I was a client. :)

• OujiOuji Member

@vimalware said:

@moonswamp said:
    where is the client area link ?

Also, Support is via email from customer to their support address.
    (very nice to search for if you have fulltext-indexed inbox like Google mail/gsuite)

Just a couple of things that tripped me up the first time I was a client. :)

Oh, so that's how you contact support. More than 1 year with them and I never knew.

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo
  • BertieBertie Member
    edited July 2020

@G4SHI said:

@sonic said:

@G4SHI said:
    Its not cheaper as many of you are writing here , because it has no DDoS protection , 0 protection. Anyway you can find better specs in the market with same price and with Protection.

Name some of them please?

@PHP_Friends

AMD EPYC 7452
    2 Dedicated Core
    10 GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    DDoS Protection
    7.79€ with 16% vat

In the other side you have netcup

2vCore
    8GB RAM
    160GB SSD
    DDoS Protection
    5.85€

Have a wonderful day

Where are you getting 5.85 EUR? Best I'm getting is 8.19 EUR on an annual term for Netcup?

• @Bertie said:

@G4SHI said:

@sonic said:

@G4SHI said:
    Its not cheaper as many of you are writing here , because it has no DDoS protection , 0 protection. Anyway you can find better specs in the market with same price and with Protection.

@PHP_Friends

AMD EPYC 7452
    2 Dedicated Core
    10 GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    DDoS Protection
    7.79€ with 16% vat

2vCore
    8GB RAM
    160GB SSD
    DDoS Protection
    5.85€

Have a wonderful day

Where are you getting 5.85 EUR? Best I'm getting is 8.19 EUR on an annual term for Netcup?

vServer not the Root Server.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@OsirisBlack said:

@Bertie said:

@G4SHI said:

@sonic said:

@G4SHI said:

@PHP_Friends

AMD EPYC 7452
    2 Dedicated Core
    10 GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    DDoS Protection
    7.79€ with 16% vat

2vCore
    8GB RAM
    160GB SSD
    DDoS Protection
    5.85€

Have a wonderful day

What different between vServer and RootServer? Like OpenVZ vs KVM?

• @sonic said:

@OsirisBlack said:

@Bertie said:

@G4SHI said:

@sonic said:

@G4SHI said:

@PHP_Friends

AMD EPYC 7452
    2 Dedicated Core
    10 GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    DDoS Protection
    7.79€ with 16% vat

2vCore
    8GB RAM
    160GB SSD
    DDoS Protection
    5.85€

Have a wonderful day

What different between vServer and RootServer? Like OpenVZ vs KVM?

Netcup Root-Server = Dedicated Cores
    Netcup vServer = Not Dedicated Cores

Thanked by 2sonic webcraft
  • ernierni Member

Nice offer. Hope to see more locations

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited July 2020

@UltraVPS BK Manager v2 — Login shows ##l:##
    what the heck? Can't login.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

@tenpera said: @UltraVPS BK Manager v2 — Login shows ##l:##

what the heck? Can't login.

We have fixed this issue. Please excuse any inconvenience caused.

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • @UltraVPS
    Can one diy change O/S (like Debian 10 to Debian 9, or CentOS) at a later stage?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@dergelbe said:
    @UltraVPS
    Can one diy change O/S (like Debian 10 to Debian 9, or CentOS) at a later stage?

yes, you get an option to reinstall with a few templates or you can choose from quite a lot of ISOs to run your own install.

Thanked by 1dergelbe
  • thanks for your reply!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2020

you're very welcome. I think it's not on the ultravps-page but surely was given in the mails they sent out ;-)
    also ultravps is a brand of https://providerdienste.de/ and on that page I think there is a login button...

• The offer looks quite nice to me. I am looking for a new "home" after Aruba.

So how would the speed compare to Aruba? I had the 1Gb RAM EUR 1.00 VPS. Just some Wordpress sites, Debian + Easyengine. Access is really fast (I got also some shared hosting which is very lame in comparison). With 4Gb RAM I could probably move the shared hosted sites over too. The other option I am looking into is Netcup.de

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Grabbed the NVME-Special-0 by UltraVPS.eu to substitute my Hetzner Cloud CX11 instance. Works as expected, fast and stable. An amazing deal considering specs/price, thank you!

Thanked by 2Ympker UltraVPS
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@dergelbe said:
    The offer looks quite nice to me. I am looking for a new "home" after Aruba.

So how would the speed compare to Aruba? I had the 1Gb RAM EUR 1.00 VPS. Just some Wordpress sites, Debian + Easyengine. Access is really fast (I got also some shared hosting which is very lame in comparison). With 4Gb RAM I could probably move the shared hosted sites over too. The other option I am looking into is Netcup.de

Give Ultravps a try ;) Many people here have commended them for their stable service (including @Falzo ) many times over. Furthermore, however, this is rather personal, I have come to pretty much dislike Netcup's practices and attitude so I don't feel comfortable recommending them anymore, really. They still offer good performance for the price though, no doubt. I'm just happy there are other providers like Hetzner, Contabo, PHP-Friends etc out there so I don't have to pick them.

• Which DC is Moldova?

• Interesting offer but they only accept Paypal as payment method so sadly I can't use them. I wish they would accept iDeal, or debit/credit card instead.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@aliendesign said:
    Interesting offer but they only accept Paypal as payment method so sadly I can't use them. I wish they would accept iDeal, or debit/credit card instead.

You can pay as a guest via CC using Paypal :)

Thanked by 2webcraft Ouji
  • seed4useed4u Member

Got one, couldn't find anything about the cpu usage policy, can I use the 2 cores 24/7 ? will you throttle on your own or I need to monitor it for you ?

• OujiOuji Member

@seed4u said: Got one, couldn't find anything about the cpu usage policy, can I use the 2 cores 24/7 ? will you throttle on your own or I need to monitor it for you ?

Unless the cores are explicity said to be dedicated, the answer to your question is always no.

If they don't throttle you, they will problably suspend you.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@webcraft said:
    Which DC is Moldova?

Trabia.

Thanked by 2webcraft UltraVPS
  • gfagfa Member

@UltraVPS is the price recurring?

Excellent service, I already have a vps from them :)

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • OujiOuji Member

@gfa said: @UltraVPS is the price recurring?

Excellent service, I already have a vps from them

Yes, their offers is always recurring as long as you keep the server.

Thanked by 1gfa
  • Can I upgrade to NVME-Special-1 after a billing cycle or more ?
    (hypervisor_has_capacity = true)

I think I'm hitting 1vCPU limits after testing stuff written in slow languages. More workers seems to be the way to go.

• @Ympker said:
    Give Ultravps a try ;)

Doing it. First impression is very good. There is no noticeable speed difference to Aruba (that is good!). However there is a noticeable speed difference to the shared hosting I use.

That raises the question, whether I should move my 8 or so WP sites on the shared host, All WP sites get max 5000 visitors a day. With 4Gb RAM I guess I can put at least 20 WP sites there.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

@dergelbe said:

@Ympker said:
    Give Ultravps a try ;)

Doing it. First impression is very good. There is no noticeable speed difference to Aruba (that is good!). However there is a noticeable speed difference to the shared hosting I use.

That raises the question, whether I should move my 8 or so WP sites on the shared host, All WP sites get max 5000 visitors a day. With 4Gb RAM I guess I can put at least 20 WP sites there.

In that regard I have been using HostMantis for some years now and I found that my wp sites load way faster there than when I last set them up on a VPS. Now, I may not know all ins and outs of tweaking a VPS but I have found that for my WP sites a good performing shared hosting provider is the better pick. Way more convenient, often saving on the cPanel license since the host is providing it, often includes JetBackup/Daily Backups and other perks. For wp sites I haven't looked back, really. To give another example, Ramnode Shared was also always super fast for me :) Rarely, do I host websites on a VPS/Server these days. Hence also the decline in vps/server rentals a year (for better or worse). Currently not having a single VPS, but like 3 shared hosting plans, since most stuff I do host has to do with websites. Servers/VPS I'd only use for Gameservers these days, or spinning up an hourly Lunanode/Vultr to test some stuff.

HostMantis Reseller Entry limits are all I need for my wp sites:

Reseller Entry *
    CPU = 100%
    RAM = 3 GB
    Entry Processes = 30
    I/O = 50 MB/sec
    IOPS = 5024
    Inodes = 300000

Quite high limits for shared hosts. Ramnode has also some higher-end limits ;)

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@dergelbe said:

The founder of Gridpane posted some days back the following thumbrule - may or may not apply for everyone. In your case for the traffic you are looking at, that could apply.
    2 GB Ram per 10 WP sites.

Thanked by 2Ympker dergelbe