Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone using freenom domain reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone using freenom domain reseller?

mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
anyone using freenom domain reseller? I want to use it because it's cheap , but I saw a lot of bad reviews about them
Can I offer free domains using their reseller ?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure you can offer .TK, .GA, .GQ, .CF and .ML domains for free as long as you have any amount of money in your account. I could be wrong on this as I've never used it, but I looked into it awhile ago. I do know that these extensions are great for small little projects, but I have heard many horror stories of these free domains getting popular, and then they suspend the free domain and make it a "premium" domain, which means if you want it back you'll have to end up paying way more then what a .com would have cost you.

Basically if your intention is just to provide temporary demands for small projects then that's a great use of it, but if you are looking for something production-ready and long-term I would probably look somewhere else.

Again I have never used this company, I just done research into them and this is what I have found, so I could be wrong.

Thanked by 3vpsGOD mustafamw3 Pwner
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

Their paid domains are cheap too , cheaper than my current domain reseller , so I want to give them a try , I want to offer free domains too , but the free domains will attract spammers and abusers.

• Send a mail to [email protected].

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • DarkCarnageDarkCarnage Member
    edited July 2020

I have been using them for more than two years. I've more than 80+ active domains from them. I've never had any bad experiences with them. You can try them if you wish.

Note: All domains are paid, mostly .NET extension, because of the pricing. I was two/three free domains from them about 7-8 months ago. But, I didn't use them for a long time.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

I used them for a personal project (.net) in the past. Prices are cheap, phone support was okay-ish.

• titustitus Member
    edited July 2020

I have an experience with they free products, free domain extensions only. I heard (read) some negative review about their email/ticket support previously. In the last months they system not sent me an email notification about an expiring .tk domain (it worked previously). Their (non free) domain prices (.net .eu .nl etc) looks like interesting.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • defaultdefault Veteran

I use them, for testing purposes only.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

Don’t trust them! They’ve been issued with 4 breach of contract notices by ICANN already in a very short space of time. Most recently on 27 February 2020.

You can read more about the latest breach of contract notice here:
    https://www.icann.org/uploads/compliance_notice/attachment/1147/hedlund-to-zuurbier-27feb20.pdf

Thanked by 1mustafamw3