Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers!

Comments

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 2020

@PHDan said:

@Go4Mart said: They change this all time, it's dynamic terms to protect themself in case anything like this happens.

Bullshit. Now I definitely know you're a liar.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181214084205/https://budgetnode.com/tos
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161020202504/https://budgetnode.com/tos

Do you work with them?!
    and you do not notice any changes? !?

Is this TOS even legal to provide service like this and delete customers' data & take the server down for over 48 hours !!

So, if you think this is fair, I hope the same thing happens to you somehow so you taste how it feels like.

• PHDanPHDan Member

Everybody was Kung Flu Fightin', data deletin' as fast as lightnin!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

So to catch up:

1. They lie about having a lot of storage because they don’t have an SSD.
    2. They change their TOS to exclude them from being responsible for issues and if you point out factually that they don’t (or that it’s quite standard) you must work for them.
    3. Millions of dollars lost on sales from a non-production server.

What’s next for this thread? They use mind control to keep their customers happy and this one just happened to be wearing tin foil?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    So to catch up:

2. They change their TOS to exclude them from being responsible for issues and if you point out factually that they don’t (or that it’s quite standard) you must work for them.

What’s next for this thread? They use mind control to keep their customers happy and this one just happened to be wearing tin foil?

I hear they've been installing 5g towers on their datacenter roof to spread coronavirus

• @jackb said:

@jar said:
    So to catch up:

I hear they've been installing 5g towers on their datacenter roof to spread coronavirus

Nah — those towers are just to control the 5G-powered nanobots in our blood (implanted by the US government, of course).

They have no relation with COVID-19 other than the nanobots making people dumber so they think they’re being tricked so they think that they have COVID-19 so they go outside to defy the orders given by the government and eventually they get the virus they were trying to avoid but weren’t able to because indirectly of the 6G nanobots.

Side note: that hurt to write

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2020

@Go4Mart

Actually their TOS is quite normal and their offer to extend your service period for 7 days is even (very slightly, but still) on the better side of possible ways to deal with customers. Well noted, I do not think that BudgetNode is a good provider; actually I think one should stay away from them - but they are certainly not the worst provider.

And No, it's not "everyone's fault" but mainly yours. Simple reason: If you use some external service(s) for your business operations then it's YOUR job to be well prepared and to for example always have up-to-date backups, to have spare system(s) that can take over from a failing system, etc.
    Because, unless you have a quite special SLA in writing and signed , you do have to assume that an external service may be interrupted and/or fail.

Btw., how would you like it if some of your customers publicly called you a liar, fraudulent, and whatnot and also told such BS to your payment processor/bank/paypal?
    Frankly, I agree that you should be "blacklisted" on fraudcheck and the likes because YOU acted utterly irresponsibly and emotionally even now that they repaired the problem and threw in a free week. Being at it, I'd also strongly suggest that you stay away from running a business because you evidently and provably care even much less about your customers than BudgetNode cares about theirs.

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

Sorry, but my opinion if you have for you IMPORTANT/BUSINESS site where you earn (more) money (or can loss more money due from service failure) as you claims, is your stupidity (or/and stinginess) host it on 30$ yearly lowend (and expect care, support and stability of suitable more expansive services), and then here crying.

And concrete @ budgetnode, i have experiences a few years back with any VPSes running on their nodes, what i remember all was approx reasonable prices (performance, uptime, support - sure was not best and smartest/skilled what i seen but was replying). If they does not reply these days maybe they can be affected with shits of these days (covid, social unrest, economic affect of mentioned etc.)

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

@Go4Mart said:
    They restore the service but all data has been lost!

and they offer 7 days extension for everyone who needs the extra 7 days, without data, what should we do now?!

the same - in first line your another fail and disorder: if you have important sites (for you), you should do own regularly (remote offsite & offprovider) backups independently on declared provider's backups and do not rely only for them.

I still remember as Hostdoc scammers lost all my data when moved VPS from France OVH to UK OVH server.. But idiot was in first line me because i was believing and rely on them only as good and reliable provider when good performance confused me in opinion about his (and underestimated daily backups, i had only full backup from before 30 days, so lost newest data)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The PMS is real with this one.

• PwnerPwner Member

@thedp said:

Buddy I think you forgot to switch accounts.

@Pwner said:

@thedp said:

Why would I switch accounts?

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

@Pwner said:

@thedp said:

do u have on the mind this PMS member/expert?

@deank ?

:smiley:

@miu said:

@Pwner said:

@thedp said:

do u mean this PMS member? :-D
    deank

Since you mentioned, here let me do the tagging @deank

You may liaise with him directly should you have any concerns or doubts :)

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

apologies i forgot add tag now is there (edited) :wink: thanks

• @Go4Mart said: it's offline for a few days now

Around 24 hours of downtime = I'll stay with same host. Let them rectify the issue. Will also ask them to move to another node or location.

More than 24 hours of downtime (unplanned) = Move to new host IF that's my money site and I'm loosing $$$ in a day.

• Update by email from them

Dear Customer,
    It has come to our attention that due to the recent reinstallations many customers VPS are being hacked and used for outbound DoS resulting in suspensions because of insecure root passwords. Please ensure you use a strong root password or preferably SSH keys for authentication along with other security measures such as firewalls, port changes, or bruteforce protection measures.

We've seen bandwidth usage in excess of 900Mbit/s outbound from customer servers resulting in their allowances being used up and affecting the network performance for other customers. Please ensure that you secure your OS installation / software or shut down your service until you are ready to secure and use it.

Thank you for your understanding,

BudgetNode Operations

So according to them, all data has been lost !! and they rest it, and install it as new empty!!

• @Go4Mart said:
    Update by email from them

Dear Customer,
    It has come to our attention that due to the recent reinstallations many customers VPS are being hacked and used for outbound DoS resulting in suspensions because of insecure root passwords. Please ensure you use a strong root password or preferably SSH keys for authentication along with other security measures such as firewalls, port changes, or bruteforce protection measures.

We've seen bandwidth usage in excess of 900Mbit/s outbound from customer servers resulting in their allowances being used up and affecting the network performance for other customers. Please ensure that you secure your OS installation / software or shut down your service until you are ready to secure and use it.

BudgetNode Operations

So according to them, all data has been lost !! and they rest it, and install it as new empty!!

You didn't summarize that email in the least bit.

Please use providers that can speak your native language to prevent further communication issues.

Just move on, already. If you think you're having a bad week, BudgetNode is having a worse one.

Thanked by 3jar Pwner feezioxiii
  • @Go4Mart said:

Dear Customer,

BudgetNode Operations

I lost millions of tadpoles reading this thread

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited July 2020

@Go4Mart said:

Dear Customer,

BudgetNode Operations

No. That’s not what this email says.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 2020

@debaser said:

@Go4Mart said:

Dear Customer,

BudgetNode Operations

No. That’s not what this email says.

Dear Customer,
    We have restored service on the ASH1 host node. Your VPS has been reinstalled with the last known operating system (e.g. if you used CentOS we have reinstalled CentOS). Please feel free to reinstall your preferred OS version from the available templates on the control panel.
    Before using your service, you will need to set a root password from the control panel.
    If you experience trouble connecting to your service, please click the "Reconfigure Networking" button on the control panel to update the config files. This will fix the issue.
    If you need help to reinstall your server, reconfigure networking, set your root password, or anything else please feel free to open a support ticket or email [email protected] and we can do it for you. Our response times may be affected at this time.
    We would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation whilst we worked to restore service. Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.
    We are offering a 7 day service extension to anyone affected by the outage on this node. Please open a billing ticket to get this applied.
    Thank you,
    BudgetNode Operations

they said in the previous email which I posted as well.

@TimboJones said:

@Go4Mart said:

Dear Customer,

BudgetNode Operations

You didn't summarize that email in the least bit.

Please use providers that can speak your native language to prevent further communication issues.

Just move on, already. If you think you're having a bad week, BudgetNode is having a worse one.

oh, yeah that's what actually happened and I did post the email as well.

Dear Customer,
    We have restored service on the ASH1 host node. Your VPS has been reinstalled with the last known operating system (e.g. if you used CentOS we have reinstalled CentOS). Please feel free to reinstall your preferred OS version from the available templates on the control panel.
    Before using your service, you will need to set a root password from the control panel.
    If you experience trouble connecting to your service, please click the "Reconfigure Networking" button on the control panel to update the config files. This will fix the issue.
    If you need help to reinstall your server, reconfigure networking, set your root password, or anything else please feel free to open a support ticket or email [email protected] and we can do it for you. Our response times may be affected at this time.
    We would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation whilst we worked to restore service. Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.
    We are offering a 7 day service extension to anyone affected by the outage on this node. Please open a billing ticket to get this applied.
    Thank you,
    BudgetNode Operations

@notarobo said:

@Go4Mart said:

Dear Customer,

BudgetNode Operations

I lost millions of tadpoles reading this thread

Do not leave your business to read this email you got the point that budgetnode is bad and you should have a backup server if you using any service, so I think we learn something from this. otherwise, if you didn't learn something reading this, then you are wasting your time.

• Emmm, https://clients.budgetnode.com/clientarea.php showing 'Account Suspended ', seems BudgetNode do have some troubles.

• @yorkchou said:
    Emmm, https://clients.budgetnode.com/clientarea.php showing 'Account Suspended ', seems BudgetNode do have some troubles.

:D :D

• edited August 2020

Summoning @deank to this conversation..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Summoning @deank to this conversation..

The end is neigh.

• Do not say I never told you so, everyone still in budgetnode then you are risking a loss of your data anytime.

• edited August 2020

My VM with them is still up and running, and I can access the client area without an issue..
    As a matter of fact - my renewal payment just went through like 5 mins ago. So meh, Ill ride it till that horse dies :-)

P.S. - @Ishaq - you mind shedding some light on the recent events sir?

Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Messi is leaving Barca.

So, of course, the end is here.

• @deank said:
    Messi is leaving Barca.

So, of course, the end is here.

RIP Barca.