Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP Problem

G4SHIG4SHI Member

Hi

I recently migrated from an old to a new vps and changed the ip in vesta , but apache2 was not working not starting so i removed and installed again and now its not showing the domains like should work its just showing the Apache (Debian) index , not the vesta index ,

Can anyone help me what to do ?
I run Debian 9.5 on it only Apache2 installed not Nginx

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2020

Last I recall Vesta didn't migrate well, often would restore backups with the old config files and not change the IPs in them. I think the configurations were around /home/username/conf, and you had to go in and change the IPs and restart the services.

Perhaps a quick fix could be something like this (not tested):

for i in $(grep -R "old_IP_here" /home | cut -f1 -d":"); do sed -i 's/old_IP_here/new_IP_here/g' $i; done
    reboot

• VestaCP IS A Problem

FTFY.

• I don't know how you do it but my last migration is just to create a script to recreate the account and domain, restore the files, restore the db.

That's all.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Unrelated to your question but I would recommend switching to HestiaCP while you're at it.

• G4SHIG4SHI Member

@yokowasis said:
    I don't know how you do it but my last migration is just to create a script to recreate the account and domain, restore the files, restore the db.

That's all.

Can you share with me that script please ?

• G4SHIG4SHI Member

Problem solved , thread can closed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2020

@G4SHI said:
    Problem solved , thread can closed.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @G4SHI said:

@yokowasis said:
    I don't know how you do it but my last migration is just to create a script to recreate the account and domain, restore the files, restore the db.

That's all.

Can you share with me that script please ?

v-add-user sman4jpr sman4jpr [email protected]
    v-add-domain sman4jpr ppdb.sman4-jayapura.sch.id
    v-add-letsencrypt-domain sman4jpr ppdb.sman4-jayapura.sch.id

rinse and repeat for all the client / domain