Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does cloudlinux fully support amd ryzen processors?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does cloudlinux fully support amd ryzen processors?

mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
I saw this thread on LET
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164710/anyone-want-the-hetzner-ax51-nvme/p1
Someone selling AX51 because the processor is not fully supported by cloudlinux , Is that true?
Does anyone use amd ryzen servers to sell shared hosting?

Comments

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited July 2020

From CloudLinux help pages.

CloudLinux OS fully supports the AMD EPYC processor line (on Zen architecture) on CloudLinux OS 7, CL 7 hybrid kernel, and CloudLinux OS 8.
    AMD Ryzen CPUs work on CloudLinux OS 7 hybrid kernel and CloudLinux OS 8.

https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013049140-CloudLinux-OS-Compatibility-With-AMD-Ryzen-EPYC-Processors

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Works perfectly fine here.

• Ryyyyyzen shine!

Have two AMD Ryzen nodes with CloudLinux 8 working fine :)

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 vimalware
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

As others said it will work fine.
    We have few nodes with CL8 and works perfectly for us.

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 webcraft
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Thanks everyone

Anyone had AX 41 NVME hetzner for transfer ?

• GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

I see that the OP quoted one of my post.

We faced loads of problems with CloudLinux and Ryzen. It was constantly one problem after another which made the server so unstable and unsuitable for production level.

In the end even the CloudLinux level 3 engineer gave up and unofficially advised that it’s better to stick to Intel hardware for peace of mind. There’s still loads of issues they are working on right now. They’ve come a long way since though.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@ABCV said: I see that the OP quoted one of my post.

We faced loads of problems with CloudLinux and Ryzen. It was constantly one problem after another which made the server so unstable and unsuitable for production level.

In the end even the CloudLinux level 3 engineer gave up and unofficially advised that it’s better to stick to Intel hardware for peace of mind. There’s still loads of issues they are working on right now. They’ve come a long way since though.

Thanks for the advice

• Its a bit hit or miss. We have deploy CL7 Hybrid kernel. in some Epyc server, some goes unstable, some stable. But now the one who had problem has fixed and the server stable again.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Works perfectly.

• GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

It’s fair to say that it is a bit hit and miss. But one thing I can say for sure is that the CloudLinux engineers are ace! If you have any troubles they will go out their way to fix it for you or at least guide you in the right direction.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @ABCV said:
    It’s fair to say that it is a bit hit and miss. But one thing I can say for sure is that the CloudLinux engineers are ace! If you have any troubles they will go out their way to fix it for you or at least guide you in the right direction.

I definitely agree. Most responses to me have been within a couple of minutes.