Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any plans for the 4th of July?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any plans for the 4th of July?

dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi All, to those within the US, and for all those who celebrate, wishing you guys tons of fun.

What plans do you and the family have? I realize everyone is doing their best to limit their exposure during these times, so we're going to celebrate small this year.

I purchased a bunch of fireworks for the kids, and hope to entertain my two boys. They're at the age where they should be able to enjoy. Isaac is 2 and Avery is 4. Looking forward to spending time with my boys, my wife, and possibly our parents.

To help kick off the 4th, I'll be smoking a few ribs for ~ 6 hours in the Traeger. Those always come out amazing.

Let us know your plans!

Stay safe, enjoy, and have fun!

Comments

• I'm not from the US myself but got two good friends there in MA. So I'll just fire up my grill over here a few beers and a good long video chat with them which I haven't had the time to do lately/sadly.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@serv_ee said:
    I'm not from the US myself but got two good friends there in MA. So I'll just fire up my grill over here a few beers and a good long video chat with them which I haven't had the time to do lately/sadly.

That works, and that's awesome. Good friend for sure.

No whiskey? :tongue:

• Can't handle strong alcohol. I'll just pass out after a shot or two 😄

@serv_ee said:
    Can't handle strong alcohol. I'll just pass out after a shot or two 😄

Haha, all good.

• Not gonna do a damn thing. Best. Vacation. Ever.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think I'm supposed to spend the day feeling guilty about being a racist because I'm an American or some nonsense like that.

But instead I'll wear my Mt. Rushmore shirt (been there three times), grill, and do some tame fireworks with the kids.

@t0ny0 said:
    Not gonna do a damn thing. Best. Vacation. Ever.

I hear you, sometimes those days are great.

@raindog308 said:
    I think I'm supposed to spend the day feeling guilty about being a racist because I'm an American or some nonsense like that.

But instead I'll wear my Mt. Rushmore shirt (been there three times), grill, and do some tame fireworks with the kids.

Woot woot, that works.