Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get ivacy working with OpenVPN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I get ivacy working with OpenVPN?

MatthewMMatthewM Member
edited July 2020 in Help

I have been trying to get ivacy VPN to work on a Debian box but even though I have entered the correct user name and password, it claims the authentication failed.

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

Are there any users here who have gotten this to work?

Comments

• zenkizenki Member

For me they had a different username for OpenVPN, they have a pretty responsive livechat support, have you asked them?

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@MatthewM said:
    I have been trying to get ivacy VPN to work on a Debian box but even though I have entered the correct user name and password, it claims the authentication failed.

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

Are there any users here who have gotten this to work?

You probably used special characters within your password. Normally ivacy VPN cannot handle special characters. Try to use only alphanumeric chars and see if it works.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@HyperK9 said:
    For me they had a different username for OpenVPN, they have a pretty responsive livechat support, have you asked them?

Ask the live chat. They are usually happ to help :)

Like @mywebhosting mentioned Ivacy can't deal well with special characters so maybe try without. At least it wouldn't accept the ö letter during my registration. Took me forever to find out haha

• OujiOuji Member

I had to ask via ticket for the credentials for OpenVPN. My password has several special characters and work without any issues.