Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flipper Host KVM Offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Flipper Host KVM Offer

flipperhostflipperhost Member, Patron Provider

This is an extraordinary promotion you've found is an incredible offer which won't be around for much longer. FlipperHost is a prominent reputable provider, seeking long term business partnerships with customers who are not only probing for a good deal but also seeking high spec VPS with premium quality; backed by 24/7 support.

FlipperKVM1

512MB RAM
1 CPU Cores
15GB SSD Cached RAID10 Diskspace
1000GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 Address
KVM/Virtualizor
1 Gbps Port
24/7 Support
Locations: Los Angeles, Miami , New York , Amsterdam
$29.90/year
[ORDER NOW]
https://www.flipperhost.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=341

FlipperKVM2

1024MB RAM
1 CPU Cores
25GB SSD Cached RAID10 Diskspace
2000GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 Address
KVM/Virtualizor
1 Gbps Port
24/7 Support
3.90$ or $39.90/year
[ORDER NOW]
https://www.flipperhost.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=342

FlipperKVM3

2048MB RAM (2GB)
2 CPU Cores
35GB SSD Cached RAID10 Diskspace
4000GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 Address
KVM/Virtualizor
1Gbps Port Uplink
24/7 Support
$4.90/month $49.90/year
[ORDER NOW]
https://www.flipperhost.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=343

FlipperKVM4

4096MB RAM (4GB)
3 CPU Cores
65GB SSD Cached RAID10 Diskspace
6000GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 Address
KVM/Virtualizor
1 Gbps Port
24/7 Support
$7.90/month $79.90/year
[ORDER NOW] https://www.flipperhost.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=344

LookingGlass Test IPs:

Los Angeles :

New York

Miami

Amsterdam

If you have any questions you are welcome to visit our site and contact us

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY

Comments

• jure12jure12 Member

Can anyone tell me if this is REAL VDS or VPS ?

• @jure12 said:

Could be wrong here but assuming by VDS, you are asking for dedicated vCores, pretty sure these are not.

But @flipperhost can confirm otherwise:)

• jure12jure12 Member

There is a difference between VDS and VPS

• edited July 2020

@jure12 said:

One is with a D, and the other one is with a P.

It's all BS and marketing tricks.
    If you need dedicated cores or whatever else dedicated - just ask for that, instead of using some abbreviations, that are basically meaningless and will end up confusing the host, resulting in a "not straight to the point" answer.

Thanked by 4jar ViridWeb Abd Pwner
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jure12 said:

Always shared unless otherwise stated is a good rule

• flipperhostflipperhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

Hello all, This is a KVM virtualized VPS, unlike OpenVZ this virtualization type is the closest to a dedicated server with Disk and ram being completely dedicated. You can also check the difference between a KVM VPS VS OpenVZ VPS (VDS is just another name for KVM virtualized server).

Just for your reference you may read the difference at https://www.flipperhost.com/vz&kvm.php

I will be around to answer your questions.

Regards
    Ceko

@jure12 said:

It is indeed real VDS also called as KVM virtualized VPS.

Regards
    Ceko

@jure12 said:

you may read the difference at https://www.flipperhost.com/vz&kvm.php

edited July 2020

@t0ny0 said:

@jure12 said:

One is with a D, and the other one is with a P.

It's all BS and marketing tricks.
    If you need dedicated cores or whatever else dedicated - just ask for that, instead of using some abbreviations, that are basically meaningless and will end up confusing the host, resulting in a "not straight to the point" answer.

You may be right about the name "VDS" being a marketing term. No matter what people would call it a KVM VPS or VDS or OpenVZ VPS as none of them were invented by us and all of them being industry standards, we have nothing to shy away from answering it. This is not a dedicated server and although Ram and disks are dedicated there are some other parts which are shared. This is the closest deal to a dedicated server (compared to OpenVZ VPS).

Regards
    Ceko

• @flipperhost said:

@jure12 said:

Regards
    Ceko

Now even hosts are confused with all the marketing gimmick of vps and vds. Lol

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@serv_ee said:

@flipperhost said:

@jure12 said:

Regards
    Ceko

I know, right!

As many of us assume, VDS = Virtual Dedicated Server (dedicated resources!), and VPS = Virtual Private Server (your own server, but no mention of dedicated resources so probably shared resources).

Now how does the virtualization type affect this classification?

I guess this is why NexusBytes uses "vDedicated server" instead of "VDS" ;)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @lentro said:

@serv_ee said:

@flipperhost said:

@jure12 said:

Regards
    Ceko

I know, right!

As many of us assume, VDS = Virtual Dedicated Server (dedicated resources!), and VPS = Virtual Private Server (your own server, but no mention of dedicated resources so probably shared resources).

Now how does the virtualization type affect this classification?

I guess this is why NexusBytes uses "vDedicated server" instead of "VDS" ;)

It is easier to explain that way haha

Thanked by 2lentro miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

@flipperhost

VPS w KVM virtualization = VDS? WHAT nonsense it is? From where u have it?

I also understand under the term VDS (virtual dedicated server) VM minimally with dedicated core(s).. BTW: german providers often call them also as Root servers (Netcup for example)
    (and another possible levels of dedicated VM/VDS are maybe VM with dedicated disks - hybrid servers)
    But do not understand why anyone (especially when claim "i am hosting provider") marks VPS with shared core as VDS and confuse other people.. Absolutely not matter it's oVZ or KVM or Xen or etc.. when it uses shared CPU then sure it cannot be VDS and right term remain VPS (with fair-share resources and still good performance at quality providers, or oversold lazy halted shit at shit providers)

• @flipperhost It's funny how you answer like we are all noob. I mean, your are on a IT forum that it's main point is to sell cheap server. Most will know the difference between ovz and kvm. The non-wrote rule is VDS imply dedicated core and vps shared core. Now I see the use of VDS has pure marketing bullshit from you has it's obvious CPU is shared.

@miu said:
    @flipperhost

VPS w KVM virtualization = VDS? WHAT nonsense it is? From where u have it?

I also understand under the term VDS (virtual dedicated server) VM minimally with dedicated core(s).. BTW: german providers often call them also as Root servers (Netcup for example)
    (and another possible levels of dedicated VM/VDS are maybe VM with dedicated disks - hybrid servers)
    But do not understand why anyone (especially when claim "i am hosting provider") marks VPS with shared core as VDS and confuse other people.. Absolutely not matter it's oVZ or KVM or Xen or etc.. when it uses shared CPU then sure it cannot be VDS and right term remain VPS (with fair-share resources and still good performance at quality providers, or oversold lazy halted shit at shit providers)

Hello miu,

I apologize if I have caused a confusion. However we as Flipper Host has never advertised VDS nor worked on it as we have been selling OpenVZ and KVM servers and except the cpu KVM servers are having dedicated resources. Now all and each of these are different and it would be simply wrong to assume an OpenVZ VPS to be categorized within same category as KVM VPS as they are different as OpenVZ does not have any dedicated resources while KVM does.

We have never utilized or market any product called "VDS" and seeing many other providers were calling their KVM as VDS I maybe mistakenly assumed same. However in the end we do not advertise VDS we do not show VDS anywhere on site and we do not hide that we sell KVM which has dedicated resources except the cpu. I have researched and seen that I was assuming wrong that VDS was indeed not KVM, so I apologize again if I did confuse anyone.

@ben47955 said:
    @flipperhost It's funny how you answer like we are all noob. I mean, your are on a IT forum that it's main point is to sell cheap server. Most will know the difference between ovz and kvm. The non-wrote rule is VDS imply dedicated core and vps shared core. Now I see the use of VDS has pure marketing bullshit from you has it's obvious CPU is shared.

Hello Ben,

I am sorry for how you feel about it. However as I have explained we have never ever sold any product under the name of VDS and I had seen many calling their KVM as VDS. now that this came up I have rechecked and seen I was wrong. This post is not about a VDS offer but it is a KVM offer after all.

Regards
    Ceko

• Lol.. the end is...

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

Hi, thanks for the reply and use proper definitions in the future

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2020

@chocolateshirt said:
    Lol.. the end is...

Happy end is KVM with shared CPUs is only VPS ;-) Definitely confirmed now ;-)

• those promotions supports window?

@VanillaBomber said:
    those promotions supports window?

Hello VanillaBomber

No, they do not support Windows.

• THEY ARE LOW-RANGE VPS ARE THEY ARE KVM ?

But thanks for answering have a good day