Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting

SlmanSlman Member

Hello!

Where should I get my domain from? (I was thinking of Porkbun)
Where should I get (shared) hosting from? should be in Europe, very well optimized for WordPress, and should handle at least 50k visitors.

Thanks.

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

hey, hi.
    Porkbun or Namesilo is also good. At 50k wordpress users i think vps will be better?

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

Hey

We can provide cPanel shared hosting on our LiteSpeed server and therefore your WordPress installation can take advantage of the LSCache plugin (which you can read more about here https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/cache-plugins/wordpress-acceleration).

You can review our WordPress packages (these come pre-installed with WordPress) here: https://hostworld.uk/wordpress-hosting & we currently have a 50% off promo running with code "50HOSTING" which means you can host with us from just £1.99 per month.

As for the domain side of things, you can register one through us when you buy your hosting package, or you can simply register a domain elsewhere and update your nameservers.

If you have any queries please let us know :)

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • donkodonko Member

50k daily or 50k monthly?

• I have been happy with OVH as domain registrar for almost a decade. Other than that I like NameSilo also & have a few domains with them as well.

For that many visitors, I would also recommend getting a VPS just like @Abdullah7310 did. From personal experience I recommend BuyVM (LV, NY, LU) & Inception Hosting (UK). BuyVM also offer free DA, Softaculous & Blesta whereas Inception Hosting free DA in their UK location.

• I would recommend google domains. Privacy and more free. Amazing service.

• What TLD are you looking for?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Get your domains at Dynadot, or Porkbun, or NameSilo, or Namecheap, or.. lots of other places :joy:

However, get your Shared Hosting from either SmallWeb or BuyShared :D

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Shoaib_A said: BuyVM also offer free DA, Softaculous & Blesta

We're bringing back Host-In-A-Box it seems.

Francisco

• vovlervovler Member

@Francisco said: We're bringing back Host-In-A-Box it seems.

The Brand New Summer Host DIY Package by ColoCrossing BuyVM

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vovler said:

@Francisco said: We're bringing back Host-In-A-Box it seems.

The Brand New Summer Host DIY Package by ColoCrossing BuyVM

Excuse me, the term is "Hobby Host", and don't you forget it.

Francisco

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

For 50k visitors better performance will be on VPS, we can setup the solution from £2.50 per month + support fee (can be per month or per task).

• I'm using OpenProvider as domain registrar. Recently transferred many domains from porkbun, namecheap and namesilo to them.

• BuyVM & abcvg.net

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Feel free to check out my signature for a shared hosting comparison sheet :)

Out of the top of my head I have been happy with All-Inkl, Ramnode, Hostmantis, MyW and SmallWeb :)

• @Ympker said:

Where the updates doe?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@SmallWeb said:

@Ympker said:

Where the updates doe?

Busy with life these days as exams are coming up haha. Any changes that providers send me a pm to I'll gladly change though :)

For a regular update I am aiming to do one every half a year or so but it not always works out😂

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • There are plenty of domain registrars available. Go with the one that offers you the best price, tomorrow is independence day and a lot of providers must be providing heavy discounts on domains. Namecheap, Namesilo, etc you can go with anyone.
    For web hosting, I suggest a hosting provider that has LiteSpeed Web Server. By using LSCache plugin, you can maximize performance and get most out of the resources available.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Domains: NameSilo or Porkbun or Dynadot.
    Hosting: Depends on your budget.