Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
php-friends.de
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

php-friends.de

Greetings

So I was in talk with php-friends.de from a very long time briefing them the attacks I faced, and they promised to protect me or refund me, if they are not able to , I paid them for 3 months for the server, The server was down completely many times due to the attacks I faced, and It's been like around 15-30 hours I have not got a single reply from them, is it normal for them to take this long ? as before sales it was not taking that long.

Comments

  • ewrekewrek Member

    Are you paying for any DDOS protection?

    Hostbasic (aff) Hostbasic.com

  • HabeebHabeeb Member

    @ewrek said:
    Are you paying for any DDOS protection?

    Yes, as I mentioned above if you checked, I can post my entire conversation here, they said protecting those types of attack wouldn't be an issue and they could refund if there is any problem, but no replies, I asked them again and again if they are sure, they said YES, but they said it might have some issues in the start but later on we will fix the filters accordingly, but I have got no replies from them since 15-30 hours.

  • HabeebHabeeb Member

    I have got the reply please close this thread

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

    I think they provide up to 100-200 GBit / s protection.
    And as per your previous post you are facing attacks from 200-800 GBit / s which much more higher.

    As they promised you a refund so I would recommend you to open a separate ticket for cancellation and refund and wait for their reply.

    I know waiting for 30 hours is really painful but you have no other choice I think.

    Some of their users may confirm your question

    ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • fendixfendix Member

    php-friends released a new server generation in the maincubes datacenter, the "old intel" generation is still in the FirstColo. In maincubes they should sustain bigger attacks now.

  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Provider

    Hi,

    1) on weekends, we only have an emergency support provided by phone. Tickets may be answered, at least when we see it's urgent, but that's inofficial. Our emergency hotline is reachable 24/7/365 for free. However as you know we answered your ticket on the weekend but couldn't go in detail as we have limited staff on weekends.
    2) As I already answered you, we worked the whole weekend to improve the DDoS protection for you. I don't think it's that usual that three network / DDoS engineers work for you on a weekend for a 6,71 EUR VPS.
    3) Last night we (working with our main carrier) mitigated several 600 Gbps attacks for you without any problems. The attacks which (currently) are a problem are Layer7 attacks with > 200 Gbps which is an extreme amount of traffic when you don't talk about amplification / reflection attacks. Attacks in this scale can't be mitigated without a few adjustments at any provider - I'm pretty sure about that. And I'm also pretty sure that most providers would just have kicked you (even if you paid way more) after the first attack instead of doing everything which is technically possible for you.

    Best Regards,
    Tim

    AMD EPYC NVMe servers located at maincubes FRA01: https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd

  • LTnigerLTniger Member

    Just nullroute him and save your sanity.

    Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten

    hostWP.net - Wordpress Hosting Platform.

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited June 29

    @PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

    1) on weekends, we only have an emergency support provided by phone. Tickets may be answered, at least when we see it's urgent, but that's inofficial. Our emergency hotline is reachable 24/7/365 for free. However as you know we answered your ticket on the weekend but couldn't go in detail as we have limited staff on weekends.
    2) As I already answered you, we worked the whole weekend to improve the DDoS protection for you. I don't think it's that usual that three network / DDoS engineers work for you on a weekend for a 6,71 EUR VPS.
    3) Last night we (working with our main carrier) mitigated several 600 Gbps attacks for you without any problems. The attacks which (currently) are a problem are Layer7 attacks with > 200 Gbps which is an extreme amount of traffic when you don't talk about amplification / reflection attacks. Attacks in this scale can't be mitigated without a few adjustments at any provider - I'm pretty sure about that. And I'm also pretty sure that most providers would just have kicked you (even if you paid way more) after the first attack instead of doing everything which is technically possible for you.

    Best Regards,
    Tim

    Personally I can say doesn’t matter how much customers do pay you for VPS, if you do mention on your website that you will protect their server against DDOS attacks and you can’t deliver it’s means only false advertising and misleading sales!
    Once again if customers expecting DDOS protection and you can’t deliver it, why you need to kick them off from your service? No other provide do such thing if they promised a customer DDOS protection.

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Provider

    @WebProject If you think that every provider who offers ddos protection will handle 200 gbps layer7 ddos I can't help you. Everyone here who is technically versed knows that this isn't true. No false advertising here as no provider I know claims to protect you against any kind of ddos in any scale without any negative impact. Most providers provide a "best effort" ddos protection and that's fine if it's included. However our service goes way beyond this.

    Thanked by 1uni9

    AMD EPYC NVMe servers located at maincubes FRA01: https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd

  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Provider

    To clarify if my message wasn't on point: I just wanted to specify what we are doing for customers with ddos problems while many providers (not all!) would say "take it or leave it" if an attack doesn't get mitigated well or if a mitigation impacts legitimate traffic. If every single provider with ddos protection would offer a perfect protection for everyone we wouldn't have daily threads about people searching for a new provider with better protection than the "old" one, wouldn't we?

    Even OVH couldn't handle these attacks (or they just didn't want to which I assume as they have a little more capacity than we have).

    Thanked by 1uni9

    AMD EPYC NVMe servers located at maincubes FRA01: https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd

  • HabeebHabeeb Member
    edited June 29

    @PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

    1) on weekends, we only have an emergency support provided by phone. Tickets may be answered, at least when we see it's urgent, but that's inofficial. Our emergency hotline is reachable 24/7/365 for free. However as you know we answered your ticket on the weekend but couldn't go in detail as we have limited staff on weekends.
    2) As I already answered you, we worked the whole weekend to improve the DDoS protection for you. I don't think it's that usual that three network / DDoS engineers work for you on a weekend for a 6,71 EUR VPS.
    3) Last night we (working with our main carrier) mitigated several 600 Gbps attacks for you without any problems. The attacks which (currently) are a problem are Layer7 attacks with > 200 Gbps which is an extreme amount of traffic when you don't talk about amplification / reflection attacks. Attacks in this scale can't be mitigated without a few adjustments at any provider - I'm pretty sure about that. And I'm also pretty sure that most providers would just have kicked you (even if you paid way more) after the first attack instead of doing everything which is technically possible for you.

    Best Regards,
    Tim

    Thank you so much for that. I hope this gets sorted out.

  • HabeebHabeeb Member

    @PHP_Friends said:
    To clarify if my message wasn't on point: I just wanted to specify what we are doing for customers with ddos problems while many providers (not all!) would say "take it or leave it" if an attack doesn't get mitigated well or if a mitigation impacts legitimate traffic. If every single provider with ddos protection would offer a perfect protection for everyone we wouldn't have daily threads about people searching for a new provider with better protection than the "old" one, wouldn't we?

    Even OVH couldn't handle these attacks (or they just didn't want to which I assume as they have a little more capacity than we have).

    OVH were able to handle these attacks without any impact, it's just there mitigation system it drops some country during attack and unfortunately my country is one of them and they are very slow in replying like around 1-2 weeks for a reply, and I do not think they would remove my country in any manner, under attack when I used VPN to connect it's connecting like nothing is happening on the server.

  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Provider

    Ah, okay, then I misunderstood the OVH thing, sorry for this.

    AMD EPYC NVMe servers located at maincubes FRA01: https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited June 29

    @Habeeb

    What are/were you running and who did you piss off to attract an attack like that

  • HabeebHabeeb Member

    @PHP_Friends said:
    To clarify if my message wasn't on point: I just wanted to specify what we are doing for customers with ddos problems while many providers (not all!) would say "take it or leave it" if an attack doesn't get mitigated well or if a mitigation impacts legitimate traffic. If every single provider with ddos protection would offer a perfect protection for everyone we wouldn't have daily threads about people searching for a new provider with better protection than the "old" one, wouldn't we?

    Even OVH couldn't handle these attacks (or they just didn't want to which I assume as they have a little more capacity than we have).

    @vyas11 said:
    @Habeeb

    What are/were you running and who did you piss off to attract an attack like that

    It's not pissing off, he is running his own organization and DDoSing all the other organizations in my country, legal action is planned soon, International authorities has been informed, All of them have proof of threats, saying to turn it off or he'll just DDoS, not just me all of the organizations here, he turned down the whole ISPs.

  • G4SHIG4SHI Member

    Php-Friends are the fantastic , best prices in the market also best human support i ever saw in the internet. I have 4 servers with them <3

    Thanked by 3PHP_Friends uni9 Habeeb
  • JabJabJabJab Member

    OVH were able to handle these attacks without any impact, it's just there mitigation system it drops some country during attack

    OVH were able to handle these attacks without any impact, it's just there mitigation system it drops some country during attack

    OVH were able to handle these attacks without any impact, it's just there mitigation system it drops some country during attack

    The duck?

Sign In or Register to comment.