Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited July 2021

Having a problem with my container in Dronten:

Had it stopped, then tried to start but kept getting

Failed preparing container for start: Failed to start device "eth0": Cannot specify "ipv6.address" when DHCP or "ipv6.dhcp.stateful" are disabled (unless using security.ipv6_filtering) on network "vmbr11" 11:07:47 20.07.2021

Nothing important on it so tried to reinstall and simply got

Failed to reinstall container.  12:07:11 20.07.2021

And now the Manage link won't work anymore.

Thanked by 1Littlemaster
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2021

Well, they threw a breaking feature into the current LTS version.
    By default its disabled, even tho it still breaks stuff.

No ETA on this yet, I am looking into it.

edit: For some fucking reason, this machine runs on the Feature LXD Branch, I guess I did a mistake while setting this node up. However, its the only one, so currently only NLD is affected.

edit2: LXD downgrades aren’t supported
    Will take a bit longer.

Thanked by 1Erisa
    edited July 2021

@Erisa I do recommend creating a container on a different location such as Antwerp + removed the stuck container.

I have no ETA when Dronten will get fixed yet, out of stock for now.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ErisaErisa Member

@Neoon said:
    @Erisa I do recommend creating a container on a different location such as Antwerp + removed the stuck container.

No worries, thanks for the response!

I tried deploying in Antwerp, Deploy appears to be stuck and task log updated with

deploy done Failed creating instance record: Invalid devices: Device validation failed for "eth0": Cannot specify "ipv6.address" when DHCP or "ipv6.dhcp.stateful" are disabled (unless using security.ipv6_filtering) on network "vmbr09" 13:07:09 20.07.2021

Which seems to be the same general error as before, but the time stated is newer and it says deploy so I know it's the new one.

@Erisa said:

@Neoon said:

No worries, thanks for the response!

I tried deploying in Antwerp, Deploy appears to be stuck and task log updated with

deploy done Failed creating instance record: Invalid devices: Device validation failed for "eth0": Cannot specify "ipv6.address" when DHCP or "ipv6.dhcp.stateful" are disabled (unless using security.ipv6_filtering) on network "vmbr09" 13:07:09 20.07.2021

Which seems to be the same general error as before, but the time stated is newer and it says deploy so I know it's the new one.

Likely then its also a problem with the LTS version.
    Need to find out what is breaking it.

Thanked by 1Erisa

@Erisa I did a reset on your request, your container should be now deployed.

Fix has been applied, stuff is working again, Dronten has been restocked.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • bdlbdl Member

@Erisa said:
    Having a problem with my container in Dronten:

Had it stopped, then tried to start but kept getting

Failed preparing container for start: Failed to start device "eth0": Cannot specify "ipv6.address" when DHCP or "ipv6.dhcp.stateful" are disabled (unless using security.ipv6_filtering) on network "vmbr11" 11:07:47 20.07.2021

Hi @Neoon

The Auckland microLXC service is experiencing the same error. Container stopped working a few days ago and trying to manually restart gives the same error as Dronten experienced earlier in the week.

I haven't tried as reinstall of the container as yet.

"Failed preparing container for start: Failed to start device "eth0": Cannot specify 
     "ipv6.address" when DHCP or "ipv6.dhcp.stateful" are disabled (unless using
     security.ipv6_filtering) on network "vmbr03"

Yea, I fixed the setting to be set, which causes that issue.
    However, apparently it also seems to apply, on already existing containers.

So if the setting has been set, its broke.
    Setting that setting was a mistake however, I still don't know how this lands in the LTS stack.

I am checking stuff shortly to remove that setting from all existing containers.
    For some reason I did not thought about that too.

Thanked by 1bdl

@bdl The network interface will now be updated before start to avoid this issue, so please try again.

• bdlbdl Member

@Neoon said:
    @bdl The network interface will now be updated before start to avoid this issue, so please try again.

Thankyou @Neoon for sorting it out! I can confirm the container is working perfectly!

• Nice :smile:

• Hello, the Japan node seems to be having some issues. My VM went offline a few days/weeks ago. When I try to reinstall, or even terminate my server, it errors out every time. I have been trying to reinstall it over the past week or two hoping the error would resolve on its own, but it doesn't appear to be.

@jamespeach said:
    Hello, the Japan node seems to be having some issues. My VM went offline a few days/weeks ago. When I try to reinstall, or even terminate my server, it errors out every time. I have been trying to reinstall it over the past week or two hoping the error would resolve on its own, but it doesn't appear to be.

Known issue, I rebooted the host system.

I can't say for sure yet, what is causing it, LXD Dev blames it on LVM, however the errors I get do not seem to add up. But I can't either say if LXD is to blame or LVM.

I did setup the LVM Storage Backend differently on some nodes and it still seems like it affects all nodes at some point, it dosent seem matter what OS you install.

Likely I have to switch the storage backend entirely, however I don't have a lot of options sadly. The last option would be BRTFS however, there have been reported issues in entire systems going to crash under certain circumstances.

• 7748-273a-8aa1-7cad

• acf6-3dc9-226d-197d

• Nice! Although I really want to get it, I don't meet the requirements. I wish the internal test a success!!

Thanked by 2VRT QQQ
  • Unable to generate token
    Let verification fuckup error ..

edited September 2021

@codelock If you got the option to use an LES or HB account, should work flawlessly.
    Could be taking a few days again to get it fixed.

• good..

• @Neoon said: Could be taking a few days again to get it fixed.

Does Cloudflare show a Captcha when you automatically verify the user? I tried to apply for a container but had the same "Let verification fuckup error"

• I assume the communications between both servers are the issue... As Cloudflare does see the connection between both servers as malicious...

edited September 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@Neoon said: Could be taking a few days again to get it fixed.

Does Cloudflare show a Captcha when you automatically verify the user? I tried to apply for a container but had the same "Let verification fuckup error"

CF wants the crawler to run JS, it dosen't.
    Even if I run a selenium instance to run that would execute that javascript, since the last recent cloudflare bot update, seems not longer working by default.

Usually it goes this way, I ask for a whitelist, it works until some donkey runs a DDoS against LET, then the whitelist seems to suddenly disappear. Repeat.

Either CF is to blame or someone else.

The core cause is profiles are protected against not identified users, hence the bot needs to identify to grab your profile, cloudlfare prevents the bot from even logging in.
    And yes we only need to login every 30 days once, but that's already to much and it gets flagged by cloudflare.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited September 2021

@Neoon said: Even if I run a selenium instance to run that would execute that javascript, since the last recent cloudflare bot update, seems not longer working by default.

I have some experience in this area, what do you get? The cloudflare IUAM page, a captcha, hard blocks, what exactly?

@stevewatson301 said:

@Neoon said: Even if I run a selenium instance to run that would execute that javascript, since the last recent cloudflare bot update, seems not longer working by default.

I have some experience in this area, what do you get? The cloudflare IUAM page, a captcha, hard blocks, what exactly?

It dosen't matter, it can be simply solved by a whitelist entry we had before.

• may i ?

• @MastaLee said:
    may i ?

No!

edited September 2021

Norway has been rebooted to address the mounting issues.

If your countainer failed to start due to the recent LXD update, you need to start them manually by hand via the control panel. A patch will be applied once it has been started.

• wow, that's great , but i am not avaliable for the limitt.

@flingforlt said:
    wow, that's great , but i am not avaliable for the limitt.

edited September 2021

Patch Notes:

• removed cooldown on deployments
    • removed Fedora, since the package manger needs 256MB+ memory to run
    • changed on successful deploy you will now be redirect to the dashboard instead
    • added Debian 11, Rocky Linux 8
    • fixed LET account issues
    Thanked by 3adly nyamenk RecD