Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit Card Processors
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Credit Card Processors

LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I am looking to perhaps change credit processors and wanted to know who had the best price but also good service.

Comments

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2020

Stripe & 2Checkout seem to be among the most popular ones in the hosting industry, which credit card processor company are you using currently?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

There is no best price. They are all the same in the end. The only ones that do less are only for debit cards and they are banks that do their own processing, and the fraud protection blows.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We have been fine with stripe.

Lots of feedback for fraud purposes.

Francisco

Thanked by 1greentea
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Stripe & 2Checkout, we are using both of them.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • For those of you using Stripe, are you using their basic CC processing or paying extra for their Radar service? One thing we noticed from switching to Stripe is more chargebacks. Which is weird for us because our chargeback rate has typically been 0%. @Francisco @NDTN

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @DA_Mark said:
    For those of you using Stripe, are you using their basic CC processing or paying extra for their Radar service? One thing we noticed from switching to Stripe is more chargebacks. Which is weird for us because our chargeback rate has typically been 0%. @Francisco @NDTN

We do pay for radar and have a super strong 3D secure rules. Charge back went down to 0.

Thanked by 2DA_Mark greentea
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@DA_Mark said:
    For those of you using Stripe, are you using their basic CC processing or paying extra for their Radar service? One thing we noticed from switching to Stripe is more chargebacks. Which is weird for us because our chargeback rate has typically been 0%. @Francisco @NDTN

We are using the default WHMCS Stripe module and activated Radar, the chargeback rate is ~0% for over a year as we only received one chargeback for canceled recurring payment.

Thanked by 2DA_Mark greentea
  • Thanks for the feedback @NDTN and @seriesn -- sounds like the Radar might be worth it then.

@LittleCreek do you mind sharing who you are using now? Each case is different. For us, being in Canada, sometimes it's just difficult to find someone who can make a deposit to our bank account. :blush: Someone larger like Stripe made it easy.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@DA_Mark said:

The extra.. 1% I think it is for the advanced protection seems worth it. I do get chargebacks but it's nothing compared to what it could be, they are chargebacks I could win since they're not the "fraud" ones. Plus Stripe lets you customize block rules, it's amazing PayPal has absolutely no features like this in 2020 for merchants.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @MikeA said:

The extra.. 1% I think it is for the advanced protection seems worth it. I do get chargebacks but it's nothing compared to what it could be, they are chargebacks I could win since they're not the "fraud" ones. Plus Stripe lets you customize block rules, it's amazing PayPal has absolutely no features like this in 2020 for merchants.

It makes sense.. even if you get a traditional merchant account from a bank, it doesn't come with extra fraud detection services. So maybe I shuldn't complain about the cost of extra protection.

I guess everyone is different. We've found PayPal to be way better with fraud detection and protecting us... We even had one customer try to dispute 2 years of monthly payments. It was nice to see PayPal side with us :neutral:

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Stripe will be the best option depends on the country your business registered as Stripe not available in few countries

• hzrhzr Member

Adyen

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Stripe + Stripe Radar + custom rules = great result, automatically detect fraudulent transactions. You as merchant will be able to see all attempts, so possible to blacklist all cards.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • datadiskdatadisk Member
    edited June 2020

Stripe +1

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We work with paysera.com , pretty good in anti-fraud, asks 3D. As we receive many fraud orders everyday, just very little amount of fraud orders are paid with stolen cards.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@DA_Mark said:
    Thanks for the feedback @NDTN and @seriesn -- sounds like the Radar might be worth it then.

@LittleCreek do you mind sharing who you are using now? Each case is different.

Currently using EVO with Authorize.net as the gateway. WHMCS recommended them. https://www.whmcs.com/partners/evo-payments/

• asasdasasd Member

+1 for Escalion because their forms work without Javascript.
    +1 for all the banks which provide their own credit card accepting forms for merchant accounts.
    -1 for Stripe because:

@asasd said: Stripe it is not a "credit card processor"

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We've been using CDGCommerce with Quantum Gateway for roughly 16 years. We have a very low chargeback rate, but we are also very aggressive at rejecting questionable transactions.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

As others have said, Stripe with 3-D secure have worked quite well for us.

• TicagaTicaga Member

I love Square myself. But them and Stripe are the best.