Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Windows timed out then can not relogin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Windows timed out then can not relogin

I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2, I can RDP in and using it without problems. But if I minimize its window and leave it idle for around 15 minutes, then I got black screen and can't do anything more. But the worse thing is after close the remote window and reconnect I can't login again.
Then I have to login via SoluVM, and either using VNC to disconnect the last session or reboot VPS to get it back working normally.
Please any1 help me fix this annoying issue.

Comments

• That is odd behaviour, it sounds like the vps is going to sleep. Check in control panel under Power Options.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What OS do you RDP from?

I've seen a few clients that changes the keyboard layout and thus making it almost impossible to login.

So, please tell me what OS you are using and we will work from there.

• @MikHo I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I just did a test, I connect to my VPS via VNC then minimize vnc windows and leave it idle for 20 mins, then I open VNC window again and it still works.
    So maybe problem came from my PC but I don't know where.

• @rostin said:
    I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2, I can RDP in and using it without problems. But if I minimize its window and leave it idle for around 15 minutes, then I got black screen and can't do anything more. But the worse thing is after close the remote window and reconnect I can't login again.
    Then I have to login via SoluVM, and either using VNC to disconnect the last session or reboot VPS to get it back working normally.
    Please any1 help me fix this annoying issue.

I know what you're talking about. Did you buy this from BlueVM? If Yes then:

This is a glitch in their service which has been fixed now. It's got nothing to do with the remote setting. It just disconnects the VPS from internet once you start to use internet. This problem is caused by network driver. At the beginning, they used not INTEL virtual network card driver. It happens a lot, you have to reboot the VPS to get internet. If you reinstall the system, it will bring you the new INTEL network card driver.

If it's not from BlueVM, nvm... xD

Thanked by 1rostin

You could try this:

Try this on the client PC (not the remote server/PC):

In registry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\
    Create a new DWORD value named RemoteDesktop_SuppressWhenMinimized
    Specify 2 as the value data.

Thanked by 1rostin
  • @kyaky Thanks but it's not BlueVM :D

@MikHo It works like a charm and even more faster than before, thanks a million!

Good to read!