Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid] "Lifetime Premium" offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid] "Lifetime Premium" offer

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2020 in General

So far, the Keepsolid VPN Lifetime package on Stacksocial doesn't include their DNS Firewall (which so far only subscribers would get afaik). While this feature wasn't an essential buying point for me, when I last checked I could only get it via an additional sub of some $ per month, being on the Lifetime plan.

The website also reads:

The DNS Firewall feature is not available in a 7-day VPN Unlimited® subscription and in any VPN Unlimited® subscription that you get from our partners. In any of these cases, the Activate button will be blurred.

So, DNS Firewall is definitely not included by default with Lifetime subs from Stacksocial etc.

They now sent me an offer to upgrade to it for a one-time fee, including all future security features and updates:

Since I already know how smooth Windscribe DNS Firewall with custom rules works, I might get the upgrade, too. As of now, I am not sure whether I'll actually use it much though, so haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

If you haven't received the offer link: https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/to-premium

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

Their DNS firewall not worth that much imo. Keepsolid VPN + Adguard Premium is cheaper and better.

Thanked by 2Ympker sgheghele
  • mrTommrTom Member

isnt that something you can get for free these days, eg from services like cloudflare (1.1.1.2) or opendns?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2020

@mrTom said:
    isnt that something you can get for free these days, eg from services like cloudflare (1.1.1.2) or opendns?

Either cf dns, adguard dns, bitdefender free or Malwarebytes Premium (which I use) for blocking malicious traffic. Only advantage would be custom rules. But then again I dont really use any on DNS level, so I'll pass.

Wrote this post only to inform ppl about it as part of my LTD chart :)

• What is dns firewall for again?

• @yokowasis said:
    What is dns firewall for again?

Filtering

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@yokowasis said:
    What is dns firewall for again?

Filtering malicious requests and custom rules, mainly.