Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi server Gmail issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi server Gmail issue

Hi,

I'm using my Kimsufi for sending emails (personal use only): it's an app I wrote that directly connects to one of the MX servers used for the email recipient's domain.

The app works perfectly and can send mails to all kinds of domains (eg: hotmail), but when trying to send to gmail, the client receives a 421 error and the mail is not accepted.

When I user another VPS it does work so it seems (though my server's IP is not blacklist as SMTP spammer according to different databases) gmail decides to deny all mails coming from Kimsufi/OVH ?

Anything I can do to have it whitelisted ?

Thanks

Comments

• Most likely your IP is grey listed. Honestly. It will be easier to get a new IP/server vs getting google to remove a blacklist.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Contact google to whitelist your IP and it should work fine.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2020

Did you set up correct rDNS (matching back and forth) both on IPv4 and IPv6?

Just tried sending to my own GMail from my KS, and it worked fine (over IPv6).

Forgot to mention that I also have SPF set up -- maybe that helps too.

• LeviLevi Member

@huntercop said:
    Contact google to whitelist your IP and it should work fine.

Just like that, whitelist from Google. Simple and plain.

• ll70ll70 Member

Probably your IP is grey listed, it often happens.
    OVH is a paradise for spammers and scammers.
    Support at OVH does not exist.

• ardaarda Member

Possibly the IP is graylisted. If it's personal, and volume is low, How about using a smtp service which has free tier, such as Mailgun, Mailjet etc. ?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Get AWS SES. Super cheap and it just works.