Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've had free time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I've had free time

amadex1337amadex1337 Member
edited June 2020 in General

and here is product of it: https://lowendsupport.com/

version: 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

What a waste of your free time.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Good work! Shouldn't there be a "Get Support" button, which links to your "Buy me a pizza button"

I thought the creativity was good, keep having fun.

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3108998#Comment_3108998
    Holy shit, my prayers were answered.
    You definitely wasted your time but I am somehow impressed.

Thanked by 2dustinc amadex1337
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm not buying you a pizza for that.

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • GodSpeedGodSpeed Member
    edited June 2020

Great Job. I think the Social subsidy in Switzerland is enough to get you through this year, so you have more free time. And … living in Switzerland do not need someone to buy him pizza. You live in are one of the richest countries in the EU.

• Edit: There is new feature instead of pizza :smiley:

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@soviet said:
    Edit: There is new feature instead of pizza :smiley:

Looking good!

• @soviet said:

Fun project :). Might as well take advantage of some affiliates goodies :)

• Well i'm not sure yet what to think about. I check everyday LET and never seen VPS2DAY. I feel like RamNode should replace it maybe, i don't know ; but this could enhance the offer.

You also should be honest and inform that provided links are affiliated. It's ok to do it and tell it, you can even add this encourage you to maintain this list up to date.

As for recommended panels, i'm not sure it's a good idea to suggest HestiaCP and VestaCP. VestaCP is not good (known security breach since a while), and HestiaCP is a fork (about what i've heard good things). I feel like VestaCP should be replacer by something else... Maybe something more cli oriented like WordOps (easyengine/Webinoly style).

About mails, i feel like MXRoute should be the first of the list. It's totally representative of LET mindset and also probably more safe on privacy side. I'd add MailCheap also instead of Zoho maybe (or Yandex, i don't know).

Last point, here on LET there is good thread that are full interesting with lot of informations etc. You may show a TOP5 thread of your choice, something like that, just to help newcomers to start to read from somewhere.

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • jlayjlay Member

It would be cool to see protonmail up there, I moved my stuff there from Google and I've been pleased

I get nervous recommending panels. Maybe verbiage around 'buyer beware, security woes lay ahead'

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited June 2020

@jlay said: I get nervous recommending panels. Maybe verbiage around 'buyer beware, security woes lay ahead'

Well it's a good point to add somewhere this is author own opinions, like on top, since even some providers had some critical discussions here and since even mail providers may be discussed.
    Yes, i've seen author said "my recommendation" and "list of my trusted providers" ; which is also good.

About "benchmark" i think it should be more "i use this script to know what are my vps specs" or something like that ; and suggest some others like geekbench for example.

Oh yeah, something to add:
    Where can i buy a domain name?

• Namecheap
    • Cloudflare
    • NexusBytes
  • @soviet said:

I think you meant to upload that site to lowendsales.com.

• jhjh Member

lol a collection of affiliate links, ads and a donate button... you're an optimist!

Thanked by 2Bertie hohl
  • I think we have all had some free time recently. Congratulations on being one of few to actually get something done during it :)

• Good try. What is the purpose ?

• BertieBertie Member

@mrclown said: Good try. What is the purpose ?

To land some affiliate commission through the aff links.

• i see only two affiliate links.

• If my goal was to earn from referrals I would use DigitalOcean and Vultr on the site.