Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Advantages using Litespeed Behind Reverse Proxy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Advantages using Litespeed Behind Reverse Proxy?

For example, if I have a KVM VPS with 8GB of RAM, then I make 4 containers with 2GB of RAM each and install "Litespeed Enterprise Free Starter" inside the containers. Because I only have 1 public IP, I make a reverse proxy using Nginx that points to each container according to the domain name.

What do you think about the installation? Are there any significant performance benefits from this aside from getting free Litespeed licenses?

Comments

• what's wrong with openlitespeed ?

Also, container (e.g docker) isn't like kvm, you can createa 4 x 8GB of RAM and doing just fine.

• laobanlaoban Member

@yokowasis said:
    what's wrong with openlitespeed ?

Also, container (e.g docker) isn't like kvm, you can createa 4 x 8GB of RAM and doing just fine.

Openlitespeed:

• No full .htaccess support
    • No Advanced .htaccess caching
    • No WordPress Brute Force Attacks Protection
    • etc

@yokowasis said:

Yes, but free Litespeed Enterprise has maximum 2GB of RAM

• Then by all means, go for it. I don't know about litespeed, but with nginx proxy + nginx upstream you can share the same conf, so adding a website into a loadbalancer, will automatically add it to upstream.

So, if you are fine by the added complexity, do what you gotta do.