Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RackNerd – Office Space Expansion Pictures! (share your office) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RackNerd – Office Space Expansion Pictures! (share your office)

124»

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MikePT said:
    Congratulations, the offices look amazing!

Thank you, Mike!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@JoeMerit said:
    how about a new thread where you show off some server racks and your hardware choices ?

I like that! We shall do this.

Howdy! Here's one of the LED signs that we have procured. (promised to update the thread)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dustinc said:
    Howdy! Here's one of the LED signs that we have procured. (promised to update the thread)

Now that's fancy. Even ColoCrossing didn't have a big led sign in our office, hah. We did have a huge and beautiful sign in our conference room but it wasn't backlit or led.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Just out of curiousity..
    How many of you became Dustin's client after seeing the fabulous office pic?

• @dustinc said:

Any website recommendation for custom LED ?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2020

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Just out of curiousity..

I did not become a client, but I am thinking about it.

Please note that I did not forget the Alpharacks fiasco, hence why I am still seeing all this with a pinch of salt. A manager/CEO/admin may have big salaries or percentage from profit share, but also they have big responsibility. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and the harder they earn back trust from others. This is how things are, and should always be, because leaders are paid for their responsibility in decision making, no matter how big his profits and coffee machines are. Racknerd may very well be another fiasco, or may be a success, because sometimes humans learn, or they want to learn, or they want to give the impression they learn; time will tell.

Thanked by 2dustinc MikePT

@jbiloh said:

@dustinc said:

Now that's fancy. Even ColoCrossing didn't have a big led sign in our office, hah. We did have a huge and beautiful sign in our conference room but it wasn't backlit or led.

Hahaha - from the pictures I've seen, the ColoCrossing facility and the upkeep look very nice, hopefully, one day we'll get that far. You did a great job.

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Just out of curiousity..

Appreciate it! This is just the beginning - and we sincerely appreciate the support from the community.

@default said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Just out of curiousity..

I did not become a client, but I am thinking about it.

Please note that I did not forget the Alpharacks fiasco, hence why I am still seeing all this with a pinch of salt. A manager/CEO/admin may have big salaries or percentage from profit share, but also they have big responsibility. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and the harder they earn back trust from others. This is how things are, and should always be, because leaders are paid for their responsibility in decision making, no matter how big his profits and coffee machines are. Racknerd may very well be another fiasco, or may be a success, because sometimes humans learn, or they want to learn, or they want to give the impression they learn; time will tell.

Hello. thanks for considering RackNerd as a provider, I hope that we can work with you :) When you are ready, just send me an email [email protected] and I'll throw in 6-months free on our KVM product line (on any KVM product line you purchase, including any cycle). Just pay for one month, and receive 6-months free as an example.

I also agree the alpharacks rumors do make it hard for some, though I'm happy to say I did not own that brand. I'm happily operating and fulfilling my intentions (which is why I resigned at my previous employer).

Business has been treating us well, we've been growing incredibly fast with our commitment to providing excellent service.

@ben47955 said:

@dustinc said:

Hi @ben47955 -- good question.
    We purchased the LED here https://elitistcanvas.com/products/custom-product?variant=31861973155927

It was roughly ~ $300 for the one within the picture if I remember correctly.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dustinc said:

@ben47955 said:

@dustinc said:

We purchased the LED here https://elitistcanvas.com/products/custom-product?variant=31861973155927

Back lit and led stuff is so expensive!

The one we put in the ColoCrossing conference room was about 20 ft long. Without back lighting it was 7k or about double that back lit.

@jbiloh said:

@dustinc said:

@ben47955 said:

@dustinc said:

Back lit and led stuff is so expensive!

The one we put in the ColoCrossing conference room was about 20 ft long. Without back lighting it was 7k or about double that back lit.

Oh yeah, I bet. Signs are never cheap, but totally worth doing. I've always been a fan of branding.

• rcxbrcxb Member

@dustinc said:
    On June 3rd, 2020 – RackNerd officially announced the opening of our office space expansion to Upland, CA!

Head over to The Hat and try the pastrami dip. You can thank me later...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@dustinc said:

@ben47955 said:

@dustinc said:

That would be more expensive in Portugal tbh...

Thanked by 1dustinc

@rcxb said:

@dustinc said:
    On June 3rd, 2020 – RackNerd officially announced the opening of our office space expansion to Upland, CA!

Head over to The Hat and try the pastrami dip. You can thank me later...

Haha, funny thing you mention The Hat - that place is awesome! I really dig their pastrami chili cheese fries :yum:

• Nice! I like the coffee maker :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • arifurarifur Member
    edited November 2020

Looks Nice.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Don't forget to taste Java coffee ☕

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • DaveRackNerdDaveRackNerd Member
    edited November 2020

can @dustinc make coffee though? hmm ;) :p

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • An office is not an office without an Espresso Machine :D

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Good luck @dustinc , Happy to see your success.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Looks pretty new. You guys are clearly charging too much for your hosting. :D

Thanked by 1dustinc

@DaveRackNerd said:
    can @dustinc make coffee though? hmm ;) :p

I can, I can :) I admit, It wasn't a walk in the park...

Breville requires a few tweaks depending on the beans to really hit the expresso range. But once that learning curve is mastered, whewyyyy. You can expect a fresh cup each and every time.