Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LunarVPS Ltd - fake and scam, stay away from this!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LunarVPS Ltd - fake and scam, stay away from this!!!

AntonukrainAntonukrain Member
edited June 2020 in General

The 4th June 2020 i bought a VPS from LunarVPS and used Bitcoin as payment.

I did not like the service they gave me and when I asked for a refund they gave me problems instead of refund.

Their "Refund Policy" page states:

《We offer a "No Questions Asked" Anytime money back guarantee with all our VPS plans. Your satisfaction or your money back!.Our cancellation policy is very simple - if you cancel your VPS account we will provide you with a refund for the remainder of the term》

But. . .

You will never get a refund from them. It's all a lie.

I have asked to kindly get my refund countless times, but to no avail.

Well, let me tell you this my friends! All you will get is just questions upon questions, and even more questions. Why do LunarVPS have a Refund Policy where they state "No Questions Asked" and have an so called anytime money back guarantee?

Well.. It's simple. They only wants to scam you.

After I asked for the reason behind their inquiries and what had become of my refund. I haven't got a respond from my massages to them and I suspect they don't even care.

Bad business isn't? And now I ended up with no server and no refund.

I want to warn everyone and recomend that they stay away from LunarVPS. Save you money!

Here are some screenshots of my conversation with them and other related photos.

1. Server I payed for

https://snipboard.io/0Yx3GD.jpg
https://snipboard.io/hXWKJ6.jpg
https://snipboard.io/W6FlYj.jpg

1. Refund Policy

https://snipboard.io/YOLrEx.jpg

1. Conversation

Me: https://snipboard.io/nr9sdl.jpg
Them: https://snipboard.io/1MNPvx.jpg
Me: https://snipboard.io/QrM7b9.jpg
Them: https://snipboard.io/oMgcxR.jpg
Me: https://snipboard.io/TotbPM.jpg
Them: https://snipboard.io/dmcEF7.jpg
Me: https://snipboard.io/NJq9zj.jpg
Them: https://snipboard.io/iIy7aD.jpg
After that they ignored me.

And no refund. "Yet"...
https://snipboard.io/vk9mHw.jpg

Stay away from LunarVPS and take your money to a more professional business.

I will update this thread if I get any respons from them, or my refund back.

Thanked by 1serversHQ

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Another PMSing person.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited June 2020

@Antonukrain said: The 4th July 2020

Hello, I haven't met a time traveler before! What's it like?

Thanked by 2hohl dedicados
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited June 2020

Did you ask them if orders in cryptocurrency are refundable? Lots of hosts do not refund this type of orders.

• Am I right in thinking that the OP joined this forum today just so they could advise us how bad this provider is?
    I never see people join this forum just to tell tales of how great a provider is - why is that?

• @OsirisBlack said:
    Am I right in thinking that the OP joined this forum today just so they could advise us how bad this provider is?
    I never see people join this forum just to tell tales of how great a provider is - why is that?

Most people will never compliment any company for anything but if there is an issue you know damn well they are going to complain about it.

• There were several problems with them, the password i got was not correct with the server, and why have a refund policy if you are not following it? Bussines like this does`s not care about clients, and it say nothing about problems with refund payed with btc.

I would never have posted this post if I had received a reply. This was my way of saying if you regret the purchase then you will not get money back. I only bought one server because I think their refund policy sounded good.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@OsirisBlack said:
    Am I right in thinking that the OP joined this forum today just so they could advise us how bad this provider is?

Most people feel that things running smooth is their divine right especially when you are paying peanuts. Therefore, there is no reason to compliment when everything is well.

• @OsirisBlack said:

You don't visit or read this forum, do you? Otherwise, add a /sarc tag to make it clear you were.

• You went with a provider that advertises itself for it's "anonimity", paid with bitcoin, yet you didn't hide your address.

Well done.

• @TimboJones said:

@OsirisBlack said:

You don't visit or read this forum, do you? Otherwise, add a /sarc tag to make it clear you were.

I'm glad your SarcDar picked that up. :smile:

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    You went with a provider that advertises itself for it's "anonimity", paid with bitcoin, yet you didn't hide your address.

Well done.

Given he's paying for an offshore VPS, I think this address is probably fake.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Unless I'm missing something, I'm siding with @Antonukrain here, though judgement may be premature.

• He paid for service
    • He decided he didn't want it anymore for whatever reason
    • Provider says their "very simple" policy is that if you cancel, they refund the unused portion
    • He canceled
    • They haven't refunded yet
    • And he posted screenshots here with proof

I didn't see anything in their terms about exclusions for cryptocurrency, so...where's the refund?

In fairness, though, they did reply about 36-48 hours ago with a pretty standard save-the-account type email, so maybe it's still in the works.

• @OsirisBlack said:

Because great provider is rare, especially on the lowend market. Good sure, but great ?

When you buy something e.g. a service, and it get delivered, that's not great or even good on that matter. That's how it supposed to happen.

Great is when you ordered one service, but the provider give you other additional service free of charge. e.g. ordered unmanaged server, but getting full managed service.

Thanked by 1Antonukrain
  • AntonukrainAntonukrain Member
    edited June 2020

@raindog308 Finally someone who actually understands me :smile: I was aware that I could lose the money so that's why I bought the cheapest one in case, but I think we should be allowed to complain when they say they have such a good refund policy.

To those who say it's offshore and pay with bitcoin:

I didn't care if it was offshore, the only thing I liked was it was from private layer and from Switzerland for a fair price. I pay with bitcoin because I have a part so why not spend a little now and then.

To you who are wondering I have not yet received an answer, have opened over 3 support ticekets. last I heard from them was 9th June 2020 (14:10)

I know there are many who sell server or reseller do not care that much, but when you first have to keep such a company and sell servers to customers then it is also important to follow their own rules.

It is like saying I continue to sell a samsung tv which has 30 days refund without question and then the owner finds out that he does not want it anymore and returns it. And then he won't get any money back or any TV. So lost money and lost TV. Well good company right? NO!

Sorry for my English, I'm Ukrainian.
    I will follow the case i have and will update if anything news :smiley:

• +1 for siding with OP here.

Some of the stuff posted here is usually very grey, but it's really clear they are avoiding giving OP a refund by dragging out the clock. Don't offer a "no questions asked" refund policy if you're just going to waste the customers time to get them to forget they asked for a refund.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • When a company says "no questions asked refund", I can forgive "were you not satisfied?", but not the Spanish Inquisition.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2020

@yokowasis said:

@OsirisBlack said:

Because great provider is rare, especially on the lowend market. Good sure, but great ?

When you buy something e.g. a service, and it get delivered, that's not great or even good on that matter. That's how it supposed to happen.

Great is when you ordered one service, but the provider give you other additional service free of charge. e.g. ordered unmanaged server, but getting full managed service.

Do you always get something for free in supermarkets? Do they do top range of cars (Example: Porsche, Audi, etc) for a price of bread?

• @WebProject said:

@yokowasis said:

@OsirisBlack said:

Do you always get something for free in supermarkets? Do they do top range of cars (Example: Porsche, Audi, etc) for a price of bread?

No. That's why shopping in supermarket never a great experience. For me at least.

• You know what's great tough? Buying online and get delivered to your home, free of charge.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@yokowasis said:
    You know what's great tough? Buying online and get delivered to your home, **free of charge. **

Yes the world is run by charities.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2020

@Neoon said:

@yokowasis said:
    You know what's great tough? Buying online and get delivered to your home, **free of charge. **

My point is, you don't expect people to say thank you for you doing your job.

Because the above post asked, why people don't post a thank you post for a provider to actually deliver the service.

Well, of course it's nice to get thanked. But don't expect people to thank you for you actually deliver something that is paid.

• @OsirisBlack said:

Just wanted to post this in as non-slimey way possible to counter your point a bit.

• @OsirisBlack said:

Incase you want a serious discussion on this, there are multiple factors:

1. Self-interest: posting a negative review creates a chance of getting a refund/compensation, positing a positive review can actually be detrimental to your own interests (provider becomes huge and suffers scaling issues). What do you get from giving a positive review?
    2. Schadenfreude
    3. Risk: joining to post a positive review puts you potentially on the defensive against "are you paid to say this? are you a company shill?" and leaves you with a tail of things to deal with from just trying to be nice and give back to a community

Ultimately a positive review is a public good for all to enjoy, and a negative review is just another bullet in your chamber to get your way. That's what you seldom see the situation @SmallWeb is showing where people join to post positive reviews.

• @yokowasis said:

@Neoon said:

@yokowasis said:

Because the above post asked, why people don't post a thank you post for a provider to actually deliver the service.

Well, of course it's nice to get thanked. But don't expect people to thank you for you actually deliver something that is paid.

That kinda sounds assholish to me and reflects poorly on your character. I was raised to say please/thanks all the time. Job or no job, paid or not paid, it's just polite manners.

But it's confusing talking with you guys to know what you're actually referring to.

@OsirisBlack there's plenty of people that sign up to LET and then thank or praise a provider. Then they are accused of being a shill, so that usually discourages legitimately satisfied customers from starting threads but have no problem chiming in on existing feedback threads. That's very, very common.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2020

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@Neoon said:

@yokowasis said:

That kinda sounds assholish to me and reflects poorly on your character. I was raised to say please/thanks all the time. Job or no job, paid or not paid, it's just polite manners.

But it's confusing talking with you guys to know what you're actually referring to.

@OsirisBlack there's plenty of people that sign up to LET and then thank or praise a provider. Then they are accused of being a shill, so that usually discourages legitimately satisfied customers from starting threads but have no problem chiming in on existing feedback threads. That's very, very common.

I refer to a provider who expect to get thanked, just because they do what they get paid for.

It's the same as a waitress who expect to get a tip, just because they serve you.

Of course it's nice to say thank you to people. But in this case I am talking about from a provider perspective.

As a provider you don't expect your customer to say thank, or recommend you if you don't do anything extra. Every top provider here on LET they don't just deliver their service. Some of them help the community, some of them give heavy discount, the other just provide excellent support. They don't have to, but they did anyway. Now that's a provider that deserved a thank you, a recommendation, a praise, you name it.

• SnowStylezSnowStylez Member
    edited June 2020

The are reseller / SubCompany from alibabahost :)
    as well as layerservers

• @yokowasis said:

As a provider you don't expect your customer to say thank, or recommend you if you don't do anything extra.

Just to explore that - I see many providers do this on their websites via customer comments. This is not all providers mind you, and these comments seem to tip the balance of opinion in favour of their service.
    Based on this, and the comment above - what would you say to providers who do this?
    And as a consumer - who may be looking for 'balanced opinions' while researching for their next provider - what is the best method to achieve this?
    Some people may find this possibly a rhetorical question - and I have my own opinions - but I'd love to hear other thoughts on this.

• @OsirisBlack said:

@yokowasis said:

As a provider you don't expect your customer to say thank, or recommend you if you don't do anything extra.

Just to explore that - I see many providers do this on their websites via customer comments. This is not all providers mind you, and these comments seem to tip the balance of opinion in favour of their service.

I am talking about neutral ground such as Lowendtalk. Let's take example of @Francisco , he is fast when being summoned, reply the inquiry, he doesn't have to, but he did anyway. Now that's a great provider.

On another note is @Clouvider , he get into discussion give some of his insightful opinion even if it's not directly related to his service whatsoever, and sometimes going the extra mile to customize the server to suit a request of a fellow member. He doesn't have to, but he did.

So on and so forth. I can keep going on, but you get the gist.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@yokowasis said: going the extra mile to customize the server to suit a request of a fellow member. He doesn't have to, but he did.

We try to accommodate where possible.

• Status/updates

I got a mail that are sayng "Refund Successful" but still not any refund on my btc wallet. So maybe just a way to get ride of me? Anyways so are im agree with @yokowasis

All 95% of people here that are talking bla bla bla about why people are get mad about a service from servers are resellers. Very simpel, you resell, get money and its a usual that people will not like you service for what does resellers only care about? Yes money, all company do care about money but resellers are the worst sellers. Sice most are just doing it as a hobby and sitting on a pc and wannabe company, but it just all fake, fake register fake names and you can easy see bad logos and designs on these websites.
    Here is img from my new status:

Refund confirmed but not any money yet.
    https://snipboard.io/2c6uWR.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/vk9mHw.jpg

And yes i was a idiot that did belive it was a good provider.
    I want to thanks @SnowStylez poitnet that LunarVPS are resellers alibabahost and same with layerservers. 2 comapnys i will never try again. And you should do the same!
    Thanks to @raindog308 that see my points.