Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed DB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed DB

As title says, any recommendation for managed DB providers? I am looking for both MySQL/ MSSQL.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2020

Can you please expand the requirement criteria when you specify the term "Managed"? We can do this for you off of AWS or any other cloud provider of your preference.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • imokimok Member

Digital Ocean has mysql and postgres managed

@Francisco has mysql IIRC

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • doughnetdoughnet Member
    edited June 2020

Doesn’t buyvm do a low cost managed MySQL or MariaDB? But had to be used in conjunction with a vps service.

Edit: link https://buyvm.net/features/#offloadsql

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @BharatB said:
    Can you please expand the requirement criteria when you specify the term "Managed"? We can do this for you off of AWS or any other cloud provider of your preference.

I dont want to worry about the db setup/ maintenance.

• @imok said:
    Digital Ocean has mysql and postgres managed

@Francisco has mysql IIRC

Thanks, will check

• @doughnet said:
    Doesn’t buyvm do a low cost managed MySQL or MariaDB? But had to be used in conjunction with a vps service.

Edit: link https://buyvm.net/features/#offloadsql

For somereason, I thought it was a discontinued service. I think this works for me.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

We can do this for you definitely, can you get in touch at https://readydedis.com/

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @BharatB said:

@plumberg said:

We can do this for you definitely, can you get in touch at https://readydedis.com/

Sure, I am checking with BuyVM first if their service is still available, if no, Ill reach out to ya.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

plumberg said: Sure, I am checking with BuyVM first if their service is still available, if no, Ill reach out to ya.

It is.

We were going to retire it but people really liked it so instead we just moved it from cPanel.

Francisco

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @Francisco said:

plumberg said: Sure, I am checking with BuyVM first if their service is still available, if no, Ill reach out to ya.

It is.

We were going to retire it but people really liked it so instead we just moved it from cPanel.

Francisco

Awesome, thank you so much

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

plumberg said: MSSQL

If you mean Microsoft SQL Server, that's a huge step up in cost and expectation. For one thing, licensing for SQL Server is $xx,xxx to $xxx,xxx for a typical 32-core physical box depending on edition. Don't expect to find managed SQL Server (which requires DBAs, etc.) for $10/mo.

If you know what you're doing at the schema level (i.e., you're ok with creating your own tables, writing your own queries, indexing as appropriate, etc.) then Azure may be what you want, as they handle the instance-level stuff while you handle your code.

• @raindog308 said:

If you know what you're doing at the schema level (i.e., you're ok with creating your own tables, writing your own queries, indexing as appropriate, etc.) then Azure may be what you want, as they handle the instance-level stuff while you handle your code.

Well, this is exactly what I can do.. I just don't want to mess with the setup and maintenance of the MS sqlserver. I can take care of all my operational needs of running queries et all.

Pricing seems to be a gigantic mess with Azure/ AWS/ GCP..

I am looking for a simple pricing by storage/ similar...

Thanks