Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions (RO) control panel slow as hell and VPS innacessible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions (RO) control panel slow as hell and VPS innacessible

I've been trying to connect to my VPS from Hostsolutions (RO) for the last 30 minutes and the IP/SSH port are down (no ping/telnet). I have tried to reboot the instance from the control panel but it is slow as hell and I can't find a reboot/power-on/off button.
Anyone here using this same provider can give me a hint?

I've spotted this on my instance details, just below where my IP/DNS records are:

Login to stor2 Host failed.

Regards

Comments

• Yeah, nothing new. Move on.

• maqbeqmaqbeq Member

@MrPsycho said:
    Yeah, nothing new. Move on.

LOL, well you get what you pay

• @maqbeq said:
    I've been trying to connect to my VPS from Hostsolutions (RO) for the last 30 minutes and the IP/SSH port are down (no ping/telnet). I have tried to reboot the instance from the control panel but it is slow as hell and I can't find a reboot/power-on/off button.
    Anyone here using this same provider can give me a hint?

I've spotted this on my instance details, just below where my IP/DNS records are:

Login to stor2 Host failed.

Regards

Did you raise a support ticket....

• LeviLevi Member

Don't be upset. Enjoy. It's a form of e-torture.

• Welcome late to the party.

Thanked by 1bacloud
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited June 2020

Welcome to LowEndSupport!

Please wait for your turn, we need to get $1.25 refunded first.
    Thanks.

Thanked by 3bdl lentro Pwner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Better call @consumer_justice !

• I sense injustice! @consumer_justice

• donkodonko Member

• D3n3yD3n3y Member

1 Vps status: Connection Timeout - 15 hrs, 19 mins

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

It is expected 😁

• LimpanLimpan Member

I can't even reach/reinstall my VPS since a few months back, and you guys are here creating threads after 30 minutes of downtime? :smile:

• @Limpan said:
    I can't even reach/reinstall my VPS since a few months back, and you guys are here creating threads after 30 minutes of downtime? :smile:

Lol better to know what to purchase.

• maqbeqmaqbeq Member

No answer to an open ticket since yesterday, and according to their server's status page everything is down. LOL, well it was good while it lasted..

• donkodonko Member

@maqbeq said:
    No answer to an open ticket since yesterday, and according to their server's status page everything is down. LOL, well it was good while it lasted..

According to my experience they don't work weekends... today maybe someone will check your ticket and hours later will be solved.

That uptime page never worked, it is the same of months ago when i checked it.

Follow the advice of first comment :smile:

• his sisters are busy.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@maqbeq said:

A friend of mine is waiting since DAYS for a ticket response. He assumes that either @cociu or @MikePT is ill or on vacation. Or both.

Re their status page, that can also mean that there is a problem with the system or software that collects, processes and/or presents their systems/nodes status.

FWIW: my little storage thingy does work and I also can reach and use their site and panel. An mtr to my storage thingy shows in fact good values (low latency and no lost packets).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jsg said:

@maqbeq said:

A friend of mine is waiting since DAYS for a ticket response. He assumes that either @cociu or @MikePT is ill or on vacation. Or both.

Re their status page, that can also mean that there is a problem with the system or software that collects, processes and/or presents their systems/nodes status.

FWIW: my little storage thingy does work and I also can reach and use their site and panel. An mtr to my storage thingy shows in fact good values (low latency and no lost packets).

I don't work during weekends yet, but yeah, stor2 is offline, I've already asked the team to check it...
    Sadly, no one was aware.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Just change hosting, I bought a vps which apparently is only a piece of text in a control panel...

• @MikePT said:

@jsg said:

@maqbeq said:

I don't work during weekends yet, but yeah, stor2 is offline, I've already asked the team to check it...
    Sadly, no one was aware.

If only there was technology to periodically check if a server is operational and be notified of problems.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikePT said:
    Sadly, no one was aware.

Thanked by 2MikePT TimboJones
  • TimboJones said: If only there was technology to periodically check if a server is operational and be notified of problems.

Do you mean dark magic? Burn the witch!!!

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

@jsg said:

@maqbeq said:

Sadly, no one was aware.

If only there was technology to periodically check if a server is operational and be notified of problems.

I don't provide server management there just support, but damn right! :)

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

stor16 may have issues too. My VM has been stuck in fsck-on-boot for more than a day now and probably multiple days last week. @MikePT :-(

Thanked by 1MikePT

@m4nu said:
    stor16 may have issues too. My VM has been stuck in fsck-on-boot for more than a day now and probably multiple days last week. @MikePT :-(

PM me the ticket id I will check it tomorrow 👍

Thanked by 1m4nu
  • D3n3yD3n3y Member

When stor16 will recover. Downtime 39 hrs @MikePT

• defaultdefault Veteran

• Seems full family gone to hell

• LeviLevi Member

Maybe, just maybe, we will have the FSCK number 2 incident? My mouth wattering from all possible drama it may generate.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • FoulFoul Member

No idea why they're still in business given with the lack of monitoring on their own hardware/servers letting down the affected customers.

I'm sorry for those that are affected, but you're most likely better off going with a more reliable host for a few bucks more.