Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared pending up and down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared pending up and down

BuyShared has gone up and down the last hour/half-hour. Constantly switching between the two.

Comments

• Have you contacted support?

• pifluipiflui Member
    edited June 2020

I am sure they track their uptime and are working on the hickups. Just sad to see when working on your website that it loads half of the time and half of the time it does not.

• pifluipiflui Member

@WSCallum it seems that cached pages load fast, dynamic pages times out. The cPanel for example loads fine, but the statistics does not load.

• Welcome to buyshared support page.

• pifluipiflui Member

@serv_ee said:
    Welcome to buyshared support page.

Welcome to the outage section.

• Well maybe you should contact them and share the outage reason with the rest of us here as well? Im pretty sure every single client of theirs can see the outages by themselves as well.

• pifluipiflui Member

@serv_ee said:
    Well maybe you should contact them and share the outage reason with the rest of us here as well? Im pretty sure every single client of theirs can see the outages by themselves as well.

I think Fran will update when its fixed here for us all to see. I would do that though if I did not know he was very active here.

• My server appeared to be offline as HetrixTools agent wasn't able to send the data even though the server was online. It seems like BuyVM's DNS resolver is down (xx7.x89.0.68). Adding CF nameserver on top of the resolv.cong sovled the issue.

Willing to look into that @Francisco?

Thanked by 1piflui
  • pifluipiflui Member

@MrPsycho said:
    My server appeared to be offline as HetrixTools agent wasn't able to send the data even though the server was online. It seems like BuyVM's DNS resolver is down (xx7.x89.0.68). Adding CF nameserver on top of the resolv.cong sovled the issue.

Willing to look into that @Francisco?

I thank you for the time to try to identify the issue but I think it is more that is down. For example, the cPanel loads extremely slow. Logging in and the stats primarely. Sometimes it goes fast though. Im thinking someone throwing bytes and bits at it.

• piflui said: For example, the cPanel loads extremely slow. Logging in and the stats primarely. Sometimes it goes fast though.

Theory #1: on some requests cPanel is trying to contact it's license validation server through domain (and since the resolver is down the connection eventually timesout).

Theory #2: you're being (D)DoSed and nothing much can be done unless you opt-in for DDoS protected IP.

• pifluipiflui Member

@MrPsycho said:

piflui said: For example, the cPanel loads extremely slow. Logging in and the stats primarely. Sometimes it goes fast though.

Theory #1: on some requests cPanel is trying to contact it's license validation server through domain (and since the resolver is down the connection eventually timesout).

Theory #2: you're being (D)DoSed and nothing much can be done unless you opt-in for DDoS protected IP.

Probably Theory #1. My sites are very private.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MrPsycho said: Willing to look into that @Francisco?

Yep.

Resolvers took a crap and I had to rebuild it on another node since it seems to have been a hardware failure.

We're good at this point, unbound is happily serving away.

Francisco