Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From shared hosting to VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

From shared hosting to VPS

SlmanSlman Member

Hello!

I currently use a popular shared host that I pay 20$ yearly on, it comes with cPanel so I use it for emails too, I have only one website which is WHMCS and I'm looking to move out to a VPS. I am concered about the emails, where will I control and see my inbox? which "FREE" control panel will I use on the VPS? any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited June 2020

What’s the main reason that you’re planning to move it to a VPS?

Mail will be a problem as Hotmail and Gmail will probably block it. Luckily there are solutions like MXRoute by @jar. It’s clear that you’re not used to running your own mailserver so this might be best for everyone.

• whmsyswhmsys Member

You can use mailchannel for email inboxing.

• jemsonjemson Member

Control panel: webzzo, cwp, cyberpanel
    Mail solution: mailchannel, MXroute, mailgun, aws ses etc.

• SlmanSlman Member

@debaser said:

Mail will be a problem as Hotmail and Gmail will probably block it. Luckily there are solutions like MXRoute by @jar. It’s clear that you’re not used to running your own mailserver so this might be best for everyone.

Im planning to move to a VPS because the performance im seeing doesnt satisy me and I need to expand.

• SlmanSlman Member

@whmsys said:
    You can use mailchannel for email inboxing.

Does it support SMTP too?

• SlmanSlman Member

@jemson said:

Most of them cost alot (emails)

• Why are you moving from shared to VPS? You're trading virtually no maintenance each year to hours and hours plus more downtime than sticking with that or another shared provider.

Only switch to VPS if you really had to.

I've got like a dozen VPS' available to me and still prefer low end shared hosting than the hassle of running the VPS.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • SlmanSlman Member

@TimboJones said:
    Why are you moving from shared to VPS? You're trading virtually no maintenance each year to hours and hours plus more downtime than sticking with that or another shared provider.

Only switch to VPS if you really had to.

I've got like a dozen VPS' available to me and still prefer low end shared hosting than the hassle of running the VPS.

Namecheap hosting sucks to be honest here.

• jemsonjemson Member

@Slman said:

@jemson said:

Most of them cost alot (emails)

You can check this link : https://www.mailgun.com/google/ 30k free.
    Also check MXROUTE offers.

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited June 2020

@Slman said:

@debaser said:

Im planning to move to a VPS because the performance im seeing doesnt satisy me and I need to expand.

Do you have experience with managing a server? That’s an important question.

If it’s just for hosting there’s a large gap between a capable VPS and a good shared hoster. Chances are that if you pick the right shared hosting provider (Nexusbytes, Hostworld, Buyshared, MyW, All-Inkl) your performance will be the same or better as compared to a VPS in the same price range.

And on top of that, you don’t have to manage it.

Thanked by 2seriesn Pwner
  • Use myvestacp for hosting panel, and mxroute or mailchannels for smtp

• @TimboJones said:

Same here. I’ve run a VPS with some ten odd websites for myself, friends and family for a few years. I like managing servers, like to try new things on them. Turns out I didn’t like to run a webserver with everything that comes with it. There’s a very big chance that it’s not worth the hassle.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SlmanSlman Member

What I get from this thread that I should move to another shared hosting, better than namecheap's. And use cPanel's emails too?

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited June 2020

@Slman said:
    What I get from this thread that I should move to another shared hosting, better than namecheap's.

That would be the logical step. I’ve mentioned some of them. They all have generous limits and are good providers, much better than Namecheap. They’ll outperform a cheap VPS as well.

Just check out Nexusbytes, this offer by MyW or All-Inkl.com if you need a lot of storage space.

And use cPanel's emails too?

CPanel or DirectAdmin, but MyW for instance comes with MailChannels included.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2020

@Slman said:

@debaser said:

What performance are you getting and what are you expecting? For $20/year VPS, you're not really going to notice a substantial difference and possibly less. Mail servers and spam checkers can't do shit with 512MB-1GB RAM VPS'.

Also, expand drive space? Most shared hosting gives you "unlimited" space and with VPS you'll pay for all of it. Most VPS' can't add more space as needed and often have to rebuild it.

I'd suggest describing your issues with performance and your budget and move to another shared hosting provider.

• Hey @Slman if you are looking for a new shared hosting platform, join the family boss.

While not CPanel, you won’t miss much with Directadmin. :)

Now if you still believe that VPS is the way to go, we offer free cwp pro with all our plans.

Maybe our MegaDealsThursday would fit within your requirements and leave room for some more :)
    https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=7

• @Slman said:

You need to make sure where or what you are moving to, has the power resources that you need otherwise, you will end up the same issue you are experiencing now.

• bdlbdl Member

@SmallWeb also worth checking out

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

You can try either SpamExperts or MailChannels for email. For a single domain on a VPS,, SpamExperts will be more cost effective.