Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running an email newsletter. How would you do it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Running an email newsletter. How would you do it?

RoboCainRoboCain Member
edited June 2020 in General

Hey guys, it's me again.

I know.. I know... I love LET. That's why I'm here all day.

So I ended up buying a sub to Sendfox awhile back and I also looked into Convertkit and other types of similar services.

But I've found them rather complicated to use. Sendfox specifically has crappy forms, and basically no integrations, and you're paying per month and stuff. Convertkit specifically gets super expensive after awhile.

What would happen if I was to use MxRoute or something along the lines and just create my own system? I mean is there a BIG difference? How would you do it? Let's say I have a landing page and I want to put a form on it and collect emails which I will send cool stuff to.

Similarly to how I write here. I'm thinking... MxRoute (or anything else) + what for creative forms? How would you setup a way to capture leads and keep in contact with them via email? I don't need an auto scheduler system or anything like that since I prefer to write my emails on the spot. It doesn't need to be super high tech either.

But you guys here at LET probably gotta know a better and cheaper way! Right?

Comments

• mailwizz
    they have subscribe form
    and you can modify it
    https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/find-subscription-form/

Thanked by 1RoboCain
  • @mgilang said:
    mailwizz
    they have subscribe form
    and you can modify it
    https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/find-subscription-form/

Noted. I added this to my list. Thank you.

• Do a search on "free php mailing list manager" and you'll find a wide choice. Repeat replacing php with, say, perl, python, ruby, etc, etc, and your choices will grow and grow.

I used to use PHPList which was very good but that was quite a few years ago. I believe it's still free.

Thanked by 1RoboCain
  • @dominame said:
    Do a search on "free php mailing list manager" and you'll find a wide choice. Repeat replacing php with, say, perl, python, ruby, etc, etc, and your choices will grow and grow.

I used to use PHPList which was very good but that was quite a few years ago. I believe it's still free.

Noted. Added to my list for research.

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited June 2020

Is there anyway to write emails from within my desktop? Sort of how you can publish from ulysses to Ghost or to WordPress? I saw direct mail for osx. That sort of does what I want, but boy...It's expensive.

• Well problem with MXroute will be their limits. You can send a defined amount of mails per day (to check how many, i don't remember).

I've gone with AWS SES for my newsletters (and even notifications etc.). I'm using XenForo with it which provide a mass mailing system. On your side, sounds like you may lack some IT knowledges if i understand well? I would like to suggest an app that you can connect with AWS SES for example but i haven't any experience with this. What i do if i need is running a Docker app made for mailings (most well known for AWS SES is Sendy, for example).

Good luck!

Thanked by 1RoboCain
  • ardaarda Member

Amazon SES + Mailwizz. Reduced my bill a lot!

Thanked by 1RoboCain