Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
AMD EPYC Server VPS in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

AMD EPYC Server VPS in US

nbnnbn Member

What providers offer VPS on AMD EPYC servers in the US?

Comments

  • thedpthedp Member
    edited June 2

    RamNode if I’m not mistaken.

    Perhaps @Nick_A can confirm.

    Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jackbjackb Member, Provider
    edited June 2

    We've just added some Rome hardware a few weeks ago (been using gen 1 / Naples in Germany for a couple of years).

    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    Many large cloud provider have Epyc, just cycle hourly servers until you find one maybe.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • jackbjackb Member, Provider
    edited June 2

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    The 7302(p) isn't too bad - more reasonably priced and higher clock than most epyc chips. Far better than comparable intel silver / gold models imo. Ryzen will definitely give it a run for its money though.

    Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @jackb said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    The 7302(p) isn't too bad - more reasonably priced and higher clock than most epyc chips. Far better than comparable intel silver / gold models imo. Ryzen will definitely give it a run for its money though.

    Yeah, the CPU isn't bad, but the rest of the hardware is much more expensive. Plus Ryzen has better spec anyway. Only reason I would use Epyc right now is if I wanted to spend thousands on a ton of RAM.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    The 7302(p) isn't too bad - more reasonably priced and higher clock than most epyc chips. Far better than comparable intel silver / gold models imo. Ryzen will definitely give it a run for its money though.

    Yeah, the CPU isn't bad, but the rest of the hardware is much more expensive. Plus Ryzen has better spec anyway. Only reason I would use Epyc right now is if I wanted to spend thousands on a ton of RAM.

    Do it!

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @seriesn said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    The 7302(p) isn't too bad - more reasonably priced and higher clock than most epyc chips. Far better than comparable intel silver / gold models imo. Ryzen will definitely give it a run for its money though.

    Yeah, the CPU isn't bad, but the rest of the hardware is much more expensive. Plus Ryzen has better spec anyway. Only reason I would use Epyc right now is if I wanted to spend thousands on a ton of RAM.

    Do it!

    Maybe if I was funded by a bank or a rich uncle.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @MikeA said:

    @seriesn said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:

    @MikeA said:

    @jackb said:
    If Ryzen is suitable too I believe ExtraVM @MikeA has those available.

    I must say I prefer $3k hardware instead of $10k hardware.

    The 7302(p) isn't too bad - more reasonably priced and higher clock than most epyc chips. Far better than comparable intel silver / gold models imo. Ryzen will definitely give it a run for its money though.

    Yeah, the CPU isn't bad, but the rest of the hardware is much more expensive. Plus Ryzen has better spec anyway. Only reason I would use Epyc right now is if I wanted to spend thousands on a ton of RAM.

    Do it!

    Maybe if I was funded by a bank or a rich uncle.

    I mean Sugar mammas exists too......

    Thanked by 2dahartigan pbx
  • eva2000eva2000 Member

    nbn said: What providers offer VPS on AMD EPYC servers in the US?

    Most of Linode's newer VPS are using AMD EPYC 1st gen though but they're mixed in with Intel too so lucky dip.

    Thanked by 1pbx
    * Centmin Mod Project (HTTP/2 support + ngx_pagespeed + Nginx Lua + Vhost Stats)
    * Centmin Mod LEMP Stack Quick Install Guide
  • mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited June 4

    edited.

  • thedpthedp Member

    @mtsbatalha said: Francisco

    Since when? 😂

  • Bandit host does/did? but otherwise, it's mostly Ryzen.

    Can I ask why you would specifically want a VPS on an EPYC?

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • t0ny0t0ny0 Member

    @dahartigan said:
    Bandit host does/did? but otherwise, it's mostly Ryzen.

    Can I ask why you would specifically want a VPS on an EPYC?

    afaik - Bandit Host went bye bye.

  • Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

    thedp said: RamNode if I’m not mistaken.

    Perhaps @Nick_A can confirm.

    Yep! Gen 1 in all locations. Gen 2 in NYC, LA, and NL so far.

    Thanked by 3thedp nbn vimalware
    RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • SDworldSDworld Member
    edited June 12

    For those who use Ryzen cpus, are you bundled with asrock rack for remote managements? Or kvmoip switch/spider?

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @SDworld said:
    For those who use Ryzen cpus, are you bundled with asrock rack for remote managements? Or kvmoip switch/spider?

    no reason not to use IPMI?

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • asrock rack on our Miami node.

    https://hotlineservers.com Instant kvm ssd vps in Los Angeles,Nyc,Dallas,Chicago,Frankfurt,Miami,Montreal

  • SDworldSDworld Member
    edited June 13

    @MikeA said:

    @SDworld said:
    For those who use Ryzen cpus, are you bundled with asrock rack for remote managements? Or kvmoip switch/spider?

    no reason not to use IPMI?

    IPMI is only on 2 asrock rack boards, unless i am mistaken .

    @hotlineservers said:
    asrock rack on our Miami node.

    Do you run your ryzen servers without gpus?

  • key900key900 Member, Provider

    @hotlineservers said:
    asrock rack on our Miami node.

    Do you run your ryzen servers without gpus?

    Why GPus required? We have Ryzen without GPUs without any issue.

    *LetBox.Com Make it Simple, Dallas & Los Angeles - Pure NVMe + Block Storage Boxes!. Discord Community https://discord.gg/g6dqjmm
Sign In or Register to comment.