Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Javascript remote upload Images / File API Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Javascript remote upload Images / File API Provider

So, I have a html websites. I want on that websites my visitor is able to upload files jpg / png / pdf to my nodejs (preferred) / php server.

Is there a provider / self hosted solution for this. I know it's possible, but I don't know what term I am looking form.

Example Case :

https://client.websites.com/ (static html) send the files using jquery / ajax into https://my.server.files.com/

Any recommendation ?

Comments

• Nevermind, got it with Bunnycdn

• There was a script here in May and in HB that allows you to upload images ala-flickr but I couldnt find the link. Maybe @Ympker or @jar can help

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@timelapse said:
    There was a script here in May and in HB that allows you to upload images ala-flickr but I couldnt find the link. Maybe @Ympker or @jar can help

Sorry, I don't remember :/

• I also cant remember the name. But I know someone from HB uses that script and he even created a thread saying how many images are already hosted on this site from the community after 1 year

• sanvitsanvit Member

@timelapse said:
    I also cant remember the name. But I know someone from HB uses that script and he even created a thread saying how many images are already hosted on this site from the community after 1 year

Chevereto?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yokowasis said:
    Nevermind, got it with Bunnycdn

How did you do with BunnyCDN?

• @sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

They have storage zone api for php / javascript.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yokowasis said:

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

Don't you have to expose api key?

• @sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

Don't you have to expose api key?

If you to with php / nodejs solution, you don't have to. But if you go for plain html / javascript, yes. You have to expose the key to the storage zone. I don't know any other means.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • I don't understand what you mean
    If you want to upload any file to other sites through JavaScript, you only need to use ajax (client - > b server)
    If you want to upload files to a third-party service without exposing your key, you can only add a transit service (client - > a server - > b server)

• @BetaRacks said:

I don't understand what you mean
    If you want to upload any file to other sites through JavaScript, you only need to use ajax (client - > b server)
    If you want to upload files to a third-party service without exposing your key, you can only add a transit service (client - > a server - > b server)

I want to

client - > b server

I don't mind exposing my key.

• @yokowasis said:

@BetaRacks said:

I don't understand what you mean

I want to

client - > b server

I don't mind exposing my key.

yokowasis said: Is there a provider / self hosted solution for this. I know it's possible, but I don't know what term I am looking form.

It's very simple. I just wrote a demo
    But... Let can't commit the code
    Will be blocked by cloudflare

http://collabedit.com/uwqu7