Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a hoster for a website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a hoster for a website

goatboynzgoatboynz Member
edited May 2020 in General

I am looking for a managed VPS or a hoster that is able to host my website.
ATM I have it running on a VPS using aapanel but MySQL crashed and won't start.
The website uses IP Board forum software. The website is for downloading game mods but all mods are hosted on google drives so only small 1-5mb files will be hosted on the site.
If anyone is able to help me out drop me a message i can show you some data showing how much data the website uses and so on.
Thanks,
Goat

P.S server need to be in USA

Thanked by 1Shahbaazboom

Comments

• Put the website on GitHub/GitLab Pages then you have only the forum to host on a VPS

• i am looking for some kind of service that will handle everything for me so i only have to update the content on the website. i only have limited knowledge of running vps server

• HostYDHostYD Member, Host Rep

Check this plan and use LETM1 to get discount. $1 for 3 months then renew as mention on website. The service is fully managed.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I can offer fully managed VPS in UK or Germany (Frankfurt or Falkenstein depending on requirements) if those locations work for you.

Let me know if you have any specific requirements/budget.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Are those game mods your property or it's just another wirezlinking site?

I think you do need a managed vps hosting but not sure if it's fit in your budget as you didn't mention any

• seriesnseriesn Member

@goatboynz said:
    I am looking for a managed VPS or a hoster that is able to host my website.
    ATM I have it running on a VPS using aapanel but MySQL crashed and won't start.
    The website uses IP Board forum software. The website is for downloading game mods but all mods are hosted on google drives so only small 1-5mb files will be hosted on the site.
    If anyone is able to help me out drop me a message i can show you some data showing how much data the website uses and so on.
    Thanks,
    Goat

P.S server need to be in USA

What's up boss! I think, we might have spoken in the past :)

If you are interested, we offer Fully Managed DA VPS for an additional $20/mo :).

There is a flash sale going on, if you would like to take advantage of that : https://hostedtalk.net/t/nexus-bytes-buy-3-get-1-free-barely-24-hours-left-nyc-miami-la-utah-germany-ryzen-up-your-vps/4846/2

As for content migration, we can assist with your database migration and website transfer, assuming there is a way to retrieve working archive of boths :).

If that works for you, or you if there is additional question or concerns, feel free to pm me :)
    . 4 different USA location to chose from.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Hi @goatboynz
    We can offer you a Pre-managed solution with directAdmin license with the following specs

6 GB RAM
    100 Gb SSD
    4 vCore
    1 IPv4
    2TB Bandwidth @1G/sec

18.95/Month

Shoot me a pm if your interested

Regards

Asad Khan

• Hey goatboynz,

For servers to be in the US I can think of ResellerClub as a sound webhost. They have decent managed VPS plans (also with Plesk) that start anywhere between USD 8 to USD 12/month.

For the type of files that you are talking about I guess 40GB SSD with 4GB RAM will be good enough (let me know if it works).

Also, there is a provision to scale, so you don't really need to rely on Google Drive.