Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap Dedi! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap Dedi!

2»

Comments

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

GorillaServers seems to offer a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with 16 GB mem and 128 GB NVMe out of Odgen, Utah for 39 USD.

I haven't tested or used this company so I can't say anything about them.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@sohamb03 said:
    @CyberneticTitan All those offers are out of stock but it was a good deal.

Okay, say I double my budget say $40, can I get the specs I want now? Not the Hetzner Server Auction please, none of the CPUs are good enough to have enough hashrate.

@huntercop Thanks, I'll check it out.

Just saying.

40€ (discounted) I could do

Intel Xeon E5-1650-V3
    6cores,12threads
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    512GB micron ssd
    1Gbps Port, 30TB max.
    Netherlands
    40€/monthly

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited June 2020

A quick search led me to these:
    https://joesdatacenter.com/dedicated-servers/
    https://datawagon.net/billing/cart.php?gid=1
    Haven't heard of datawagon before, but some of their deals seem pretty relevant to your request.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

We can do a Dedicated Micro Server well within your budget.

https://RPIServers.com

Quad Core 1.5GHz
    4GB RAM
    256GB Drive Space
    Raspbian OS
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Spring, Texas

Only for $7.50 a month

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • hzrhzr Member

AlienData_Josh said: We can do a Dedicated Micro Server well within your budget.

I don't think you've made even the slightest attempt at reading this thread, lol.

@hzr said:

AlienData_Josh said: We can do a Dedicated Micro Server well within your budget.

I don't think you've made even the slightest attempt at reading this thread, lol.

Oh, I did. But I mean who on earth even has a 100GB HDD nowadays?
    Let alone trying to find a 128GB SSD is getting harder as well.
    Who knows. Maybe a RPI might actually work shrug

• ardaarda Member

@AlienData_Josh said:

And the CPU part ?

@arda said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

And the CPU part ?

Well I missed the crypto part. I guess not.
    I will fly my ship away from this port now.

• Thanks to all those who replied and for the offers. I've found the server for my needs; well, you all were right, that CPU or it's equivalent cannot be attained in my budget but I got a friend of mine who's a hosting provider to configure and set up a Dedi for me. :smile:

Thanks again. You can close this thread now!

• sohamb03 said: Thanks again. You can close this thread now!

If you ever want to switch in the near-future, this was posted yesterday: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165046/20-dedicated-servers-reseller-promo-10-core-xeons-1gbps-ipmi-double-ram-promo-unmetered#latest
    I know the OP asked to end the thread, but I figured this is still pretty relevant if he wants to check it out.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

well, we can offer you only VPS for this price
    Channel 200 Mbit
    Number of Cores 12
    RAM capacity 4096 Mb
    HDD Storage Capacity 100 gb
    CPU up to Xeon X5680, boost 3.6 ghz, not all nodes.
    Cost by month ~10.5 EUR /month
    Cost by year ~8.4 EUR /month

Crypto paids supported too.

REALLY dedicated server cannot have 100 Gb storage, did you understand it? only storage size like real disks.

• @sohamb03 said:
    Hello everyone,

I just joined today, got to know from my friends that this is a good place for looking for the stuff I require. :smile:

I'm in need of a dedicated server with the following specs:

• ~4 GB RAM
    • ~100GB HDD (or SSD) storage
    • Good CPU - Preferably Intel Xeon W-2145 or any other CPU >= 3.40 Ghz with 12 cores.
    • 1 public IPv4

As it might already be evident, I'm gonna be using this for mining cryptocurrency. I know all providers do not allow it, but on a Dedi it shouldn't be an isssue, so I considered posting here. Also, I'm really tight on budget and I'd be happy if I could get the above with $20-22 a month.

P.S.: I went through some of the previous discussions here. I want to make myself clear, I'm not looking for profit by mining, and I understand that I might be losing few bucks but it's alright. Thanks for understanding.

Looking forward to your replies!

Kind Regards,

Nice to see someone specific about their requirements. So, for 4GB RAM with 100 GB SSD or HDD, I would choose ResellerClub because they pretty much fit your server requirements.

However, I am not sure if there are enough providers giving you dedicated at USD 20-22 with all the requirements you want. At best you can get a cloud hosting provision from most of the better players that too with the storage you are looking at..correct me if I am wrong guys.

• EdwardEdward Member
    edited June 2020

sohamb03 said: I'm in need of a dedicated server with the following specs:

~4 GB RAM
    ~100GB HDD (or SSD) storage
    Good CPU - Preferably Intel Xeon W-2145 or any other CPU >= 3.40 Ghz with 12 cores.
    1 public IPv4

I think no provider can offer you such a VPS tariff. You can find something approximate on Contabo, but even with them a similar VPS will cost about 30$ per month.