Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expected vs actual delivery delays for servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Expected vs actual delivery delays for servers

CybrCybr Member

I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread where everyone shares their delivery delays for offers so we can see how provider delays change over time and which offers have unexpected delays.

I'm currently on day 4 of waiting for my 72h OVH server and I would have ordered something else if I knew this one may not be ready by month end.

Comments

• That's nothing. I have experienced 1 month on @AlexBarakov Alpha VPS.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@yokowasis said:
    That's nothing. I have experienced 1 month on @AlexBarakov Alpha VPS.

Can you please PM me some more details? Was this during the Coronavirus lockdown?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2020

@AlexBarakov said:

@yokowasis said:

Can you please PM me some more details? Was this during the Coronavirus lockdown?

No. It was a long time ago. I think 2018 or 2017. It was dual Xeon L54XX, can't remember the detail. Use it only 2 months because I don't know the use of it anymore because it's too delayed.

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2020

@yokowasis said:

@AlexBarakov said:

@yokowasis said:

No. It was a long time ago. I think 2 2018 or 2017

Got it, sorry about that! Lots have changed since then - our usual delivery times are 5 business days, most times - much faster. Chances are we'd have rapid deployment servers, that will be delivered instantly by the end of next month, along with some refreshes of the plans and Ryzen servers. Already racked up some for a couple of customers!

• @AlexBarakov said:

@yokowasis said:

@AlexBarakov said:

@yokowasis said:

No. It was a long time ago. I think 2 2018 or 2017

Got it, sorry about that! Lots have changed since then - our usual delivery times are 5 business days, most times - much faster. Chances are we'd have rapid deployment servers, that will be delivered instantly by the end of next month, along with some refreshes of the plans and Ryzen servers. Already racked up some for a couple of customers!

Nice. Been hearing good things about you. Glad to know you improved.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

@Cybr said:
    I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread where everyone shares their delivery delays for offers so we can see how provider delays change over time and which offers have unexpected delays.

I'm currently on day 4 of waiting for my 72h OVH server and I would have ordered something else if I knew this one may not be ready by month end.

Different situation since this isn't about somewhere like ovh, but we had hardware deliveries quoted as possibly over a month due to covid, which arrived in just over a week. Less disruption than expected it seems.

On a side note, for consumer tech the one place I have heard of serious delivery issues is Logitech.

• CybrCybr Member

Now on day 8 of waiting for my 72h OVH order and still nothing.

• @Cybr said:
    Now on day 8 of waiting for my 72h OVH order and still nothing.

Have you contacted them? If its your first time using them have you verified your account?

Thanked by 1muddy
  • CybrCybr Member

Opened a ticket to find out what's happening. I've had many servers with them for years and new ones are usually delivered in hours. It would be my luck that the one time I actually needed a new server right away, there's a huge delay, which is costing me a lot.