Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Buying VPS to send marketing email
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Buying VPS to send marketing email

Heya,

As title says, looking to reduce the costs of my email marketing budget with different services so i wish to go completely in-house.

Im looking for a VPS , no requirements as far as it handles my mail marketing, Dedicated IP with no much restrictions. At least 20,000k daily. No bounce or such, all clean.

Thanks.

Comments

  • hostworldhostworld Member, Provider

    @armandorg said:
    Heya,

    As title says, looking to reduce the costs of my email marketing budget with different services so i wish to go completely in-house.

    Im looking for a VPS , no requirements as far as it handles my mail marketing, Dedicated IP with no much restrictions. At least 20,000k daily. No bounce or such, all clean.

    Thanks.

    If the emails which you are sending are clean, you shouldn’t have any issues choosing a VPS provider - as long as they don’t block any mailing ports.

    We offer VPS servers both in the UK https://hostworld.uk/ssd-vps and the US https://hostworld.uk/nvme-vps

    Take a look at our packages and let me know if you have any questions 👍

    hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

  • armandorgarmandorg Member

    @hostworld said:

    @armandorg said:
    Heya,

    As title says, looking to reduce the costs of my email marketing budget with different services so i wish to go completely in-house.

    Im looking for a VPS , no requirements as far as it handles my mail marketing, Dedicated IP with no much restrictions. At least 20,000k daily. No bounce or such, all clean.

    Thanks.

    If the emails which you are sending are clean, you shouldn’t have any issues choosing a VPS provider - as long as they don’t block any mailing ports.

    We offer VPS servers both in the UK https://hostworld.uk/ssd-vps and the US https://hostworld.uk/nvme-vps

    Take a look at our packages and let me know if you have any questions 👍

    Yes they’re clean though like i mentioned earlier no limits or blocked ports for at least 20.000mails daily

  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    Did you checked for a solution that may use AWS SES? Maybe it could be interesting as you will not worry about your mail server or about reliability. They have a good reputation and from all reviews and informations i've read they are really really good. I'm using myself since few months to send ~5k mails / month ; when i've asked to grow my quotas and told them amount required they gave me 50k mails / day limit so they are quite friendly with this if you explain correctly how you will prevent any spam and any optout request.

    Before i've tried some mail systems in Docker (so it's easy to move on other VPS if i need to change) but it's also more job to validate the IP from different services (SPF and SenderID, DKIM, monitoring IP reputation, etc.). Docker experience with this kind of mailing system is really nice and there is even some free apps that are really good!

    Good luck :) !

    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • armandorgarmandorg Member

    @o_be_one said:
    Did you checked for a solution that may use AWS SES? Maybe it could be interesting as you will not worry about your mail server or about reliability. They have a good reputation and from all reviews and informations i've read they are really really good. I'm using myself since few months to send ~5k mails / month ; when i've asked to grow my quotas and told them amount required they gave me 50k mails / day limit so they are quite friendly with this if you explain correctly how you will prevent any spam and any optout request.

    Before i've tried some mail systems in Docker (so it's easy to move on other VPS if i need to change) but it's also more job to validate the IP from different services (SPF and SenderID, DKIM, monitoring IP reputation, etc.). Docker experience with this kind of mailing system is really nice and there is even some free apps that are really good!

    Good luck :) !

    Yes indeed, though Amazon SES does not allow marketing in any way for email campaigns.

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sonacoresonacore Member
    edited May 28

    I'm not really sure you can, I mean 20k, with 1 IP, your email will be flag as spam. maybe.

    lighttp <3 Urghh, gay...

  • hostworldhostworld Member, Provider

    @armandorg said:

    @hostworld said:

    @armandorg said:
    Heya,

    As title says, looking to reduce the costs of my email marketing budget with different services so i wish to go completely in-house.

    Im looking for a VPS , no requirements as far as it handles my mail marketing, Dedicated IP with no much restrictions. At least 20,000k daily. No bounce or such, all clean.

    Thanks.

    If the emails which you are sending are clean, you shouldn’t have any issues choosing a VPS provider - as long as they don’t block any mailing ports.

    We offer VPS servers both in the UK https://hostworld.uk/ssd-vps and the US https://hostworld.uk/nvme-vps

    Take a look at our packages and let me know if you have any questions 👍


    Yes they’re clean though like i mentioned earlier no limits or blocked ports for at least 20.000mails daily

    You shouldn’t really have any issues then.

    Good luck! :)

    hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 28

    armandorg said: Yes indeed, though Amazon SES does not allow marketing in any way for email campaigns.

    Oh i was not aware of this :(. That's weird since their website shows:

    Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cloud-based email sending service designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing, notification, and transactional emails. It is a reliable, cost-effective service for businesses of all sizes that use email to keep in contact with their customers.

    I'm not in emailing industry so maybe i'm just confusing about different type of marketing mails.

    As for VPS you have to read ToS (Term Of Services) and AUP (Authorized Usage Policy) to be sure you can send marketing emails. I think for example BuyVM (which is a really great host) requires you to open a support ticket to request to open the port (iirc, or maybe i'm confusing with their web hosting named BuyShared).

    Maybe other great providers like @seriesn (NexusBytes) or @MikeA (ExtraVM) could share informations about their mail policy with you :).

    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • ardaarda Member
    edited May 28

    Amazon SES saved us from hours of headache and a lot of money to be honest. Also, if you're hosting an EC2 instance, first 60k emails per month is free.

    Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited May 28

    @arda said:
    Amazon SES saved us from hours of headache and a lot of money to be honest. Also, if you're hosting an EC2 instance, first 60k emails per month is free.

    Still very cheap without EC2 instance

    Thanked by 1arda
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

    Since you've been here for several years, I'm assuming you're not an outright spammer, which is probably everyone's first reaction.

    I think this will be a tough go because email has become a circles-of-trust game. To consistently get into the big boys' inboxes, you need to come with a reputation. It won't take too many people marking spam for your IP to be effectively dead. Particularly with so many readers' email now on hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail, etc.

    That's why so many people use SES, mailgun, mailchannels, etc.

    If you're really mailing 600,000 emails a month, either your campaigns are not very effective or you should be able to afford one of the major mailing services.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    raindog308 said: hotmail

    Microsoft really took spam control to a whole new level. Oh your user swiped the wrong side and marked 1 out of 10000 emails? Too bad. You are blocked. We will unblock whenever we feel like. Your request means nothing.

    Thanked by 3jar o_be_one vimalware
  • netswitchnetswitch Member

    @seriesn said:

    raindog308 said: hotmail

    Microsoft really took spam control to a whole new level. Oh your user swiped the wrong side and marked 1 out of 10000 emails? Too bad. You are blocked. We will unblock whenever we feel like. Your request means nothing.

    Ho and while we are at it, we'll block your whole ip netblock.

  • JarryJarry Member

    @armandorg said:
    ... At least 20,000k daily. No bounce or such, all clean.

    You do not mean 20,000 * 1000 = 20,000,000 do you?

  • sibapersibaper Member

    armandorg said: Yes indeed, though Amazon SES does not allow marketing in any way for email campaigns.

    what do you mean by email campaings?

    We send promotional email every week for our customer using AWS SES, they never complaint about that.

    20-30 million email per month (included transactional email)

    We only support unsupported OS!

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @netswitch said:

    @seriesn said:

    raindog308 said: hotmail

    Microsoft really took spam control to a whole new level. Oh your user swiped the wrong side and marked 1 out of 10000 emails? Too bad. You are blocked. We will unblock whenever we feel like. Your request means nothing.

    Ho and while we are at it, we'll block your whole ip netblock.

    Users can’t complain about spam, if they never receive any email. Good logic.

  • @armandorg said:

    @o_be_one said:
    Did you checked for a solution that may use AWS SES? Maybe it could be interesting as you will not worry about your mail server or about reliability. They have a good reputation and from all reviews and informations i've read they are really really good. I'm using myself since few months to send ~5k mails / month ; when i've asked to grow my quotas and told them amount required they gave me 50k mails / day limit so they are quite friendly with this if you explain correctly how you will prevent any spam and any optout request.

    Before i've tried some mail systems in Docker (so it's easy to move on other VPS if i need to change) but it's also more job to validate the IP from different services (SPF and SenderID, DKIM, monitoring IP reputation, etc.). Docker experience with this kind of mailing system is really nice and there is even some free apps that are really good!

    Good luck :) !


    Yes indeed, though Amazon SES does not allow marketing in any way for email campaigns.

    Please quote whatever you're reading so we can understand why you're confused about the most basic purpose.

    Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • HybridHybrid Member
    edited May 30

    @armandorg said:

    @o_be_one said:
    Did you checked for a solution that may use AWS SES? Maybe it could be interesting as you will not worry about your mail server or about reliability. They have a good reputation and from all reviews and informations i've read they are really really good. I'm using myself since few months to send ~5k mails / month ; when i've asked to grow my quotas and told them amount required they gave me 50k mails / day limit so they are quite friendly with this if you explain correctly how you will prevent any spam and any optout request.

    Before i've tried some mail systems in Docker (so it's easy to move on other VPS if i need to change) but it's also more job to validate the IP from different services (SPF and SenderID, DKIM, monitoring IP reputation, etc.). Docker experience with this kind of mailing system is really nice and there is even some free apps that are really good!

    Good luck :) !


    Yes indeed, though Amazon SES does not allow marketing in any way for email campaigns.

    Never heard of that, I worked with a company where we literally sent millions of marketing emails per month. We never had any single issue. This has been going for years

    The only time you will face an issue with Amazon SES is when your bounce is over 5% or complaint rate is above 0.1%

    Thanked by 1o_be_one
Sign In or Register to comment.