Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

installing windows server on a dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

installing windows server on a dedicated

Hi, i have a dedicated from oneprovider. I'm trying to install win server 2019 through Putty using a way i found by that code:

/tmp/qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 10000M -localtime -enable-kvm -cpu core2duo,+nx -smp 2 -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -cdrom /tmp/Windows_10_x64.iso -hda /dev/sda -vnc :1 -boot d

windows installed successfully but i can't find the real species of the server
The server: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 - 3.4 GHz - 4 core (s)
32GB - DDR3
3x 2TB (HDD SATA)

ram read only 10 gb and processor is different, hard is only 2 TB

can anyone help please?

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

Adjust the following

-m 10000M

To

-m 32000M

I don’t think you do have core2duo processor with 2 cores as you can use host processor

cpu core2duo,+nx -smp 2

As for HDD, do you use raid?

Thanked by 1monoattopia
  • I tried -m 32000M / -m 30000M / not continue the installing
    it worked with -m 20000M

• the real processor is Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 - 3.4 GHz - 4 core (s) but i don't know what should i write in the code instead of "core2duo"

• for the hard, excuse me i don't know what raid is, can you explain as i'm not expert at this field. and thanks for your help )

• looks like a SoYouStart server, so no way it has Hard RAID

• you should restart the server and Windows should detect the hardware and the ip, don't forget to activate the rdp before restarting.

• @victorchacon88 said:
    you should restart the server and Windows should detect the hardware and the ip, don't forget to activate the rdp before restarting.

I did activate the rdp and reboot the server from the panel. But after booting, the remote didn't work.