Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2u colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2u colo

JoeFJoeF Member

Looking for 2u colocation on mainland europe.
Should be unmetered shared gigabit, 120w, 3ipv4, 6ipv6 or /64 subnet ideally with a drop for ipmi.
Budget is a max of 50euro monthly.

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Serverius is prem

Thanked by 2ViridWeb RickBakkr
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Go with Serverius

• JoeFJoeF Member

@ViridWeb said:
    Go with Serverius

@Jord said:
    Serverius is prem

I dont want to commit to a year though.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@JoeF said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Go with Serverius

@Jord said:
    Serverius is prem

Most companies will ask for a contract.

• @Jord said:

@JoeF said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Go with Serverius

@Jord said:
    Serverius is prem

If you want a monthly contract, you can go with CJ2 in Groningen. They at least ask for a setup fee if you want a monthly contract.

• JoeFJoeF Member

@DennisdeWit said:

@Jord said:

@JoeF said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Go with Serverius

@Jord said:
    Serverius is prem

If you want a monthly contract, you can go with CJ2 in Groningen. They at least ask for a setup fee if you want a monthly contract.

Looks like they have a 5tb bandwidth cap

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@JoeF said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@Jord said:

@JoeF said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Go with Serverius

@Jord said:
    Serverius is prem

Looks like they have a 5tb bandwidth cap

Well you have to compromise somewhere.

Most of Colo needs a contract

You want unmanaged bandwidth colo at such low price and don't want a contract? That's too much..
    I know someone will do that but quality matters.

And also, serverius can give you 10G bandwidth (More than 100TB per month for free)

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

+1 for serverius

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Not working out in our Location but aswell I think serverius would be best for that.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited May 2020

JoeF said: Looks like they have a 5tb bandwidth cap

In the Netherlands: Serverius is the way to go 'on the cheap', despite committing to annual contracts. My rack server was installed by them last week and they went way ahead of the promised service agreement. They are great folk, excellent performant (in my case) 10G network at a ridiculously low price (they can cut listing price if you ask and are willing to do commits on your end ;-) )

That said: no one is willing to go through the hassle of you moving in and out every month.

Groningen has great data centre facilities, but they are expensive - both power and traffic. The latter simply because essentially every traffic has to be backhauled to Amsterdam over rather limited backhaul capacity.

Have you looked at colocation at MyLoc in Duesseldorf, Germany? I think they do monthly contracts and are not particularly expensive. Hetzner may fit your needs, but I have no clue on their conditions?

• @RickBakkr said:

JoeF said: Looks like they have a 5tb bandwidth cap

In the Netherlands: Serverius is the way to go 'on the cheap', despite committing to annual contracts. My rack server was installed by them last week and they went way ahead of the promised service agreement. They are great folk, excellent performant (in my case) 10G network at a ridiculously low price (they can cut listing price if you ask and are willing to do commits on your end ;-) )

That said: no one is willing to go through the hassle of you moving in and out every month.

Groningen has great data centre facilities, but they are expensive - both power and traffic. The latter simply because essentially every traffic has to be backhauled to Amsterdam over rather limited backhaul capacity.

Have you looked at colocation at MyLoc in Duesseldorf, Germany? I think they do monthly contracts and are not particularly expensive. Hetzner may fit your needs, but I have no clue on their conditions?

This is not exactly true. CJ2 has their own network, not linking back to Amsterdam as far as I know. I do know Zylon does this with the Atom86 network. Zylon also has monthly contracts and works with a FUP.

However, the guys at CJ2 are nice and friendly. I have two servers at colo with them. They are fine. I know some guys who colo’ed at Serverius but it seems Serverius had a lot of downtime the past few years. I know some people who moved from Meppel to Schiphol-Rijk.

• M247

• nodesecnodesec Member

@datadisk said:
    M247

minimum 12U for M247

• datadiskdatadisk Member
    edited May 2020

@nodesec said:

@datadisk said:
    M247

minimum 12U for M247

Not according to their website