Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› 📧 [Mailcheap] Unlimited domains | Unlimited users | API-first platform | Dedicated mailserver at $7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

📧 [Mailcheap] Unlimited domains | Unlimited users | API-first platform | Dedicated mailserver at $7

mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
edited May 2020 in Offers

Mailcheap.co (Cyberlabs s.r.o. CZ & Cyberlabs, Inc. USA) has been providing enterprise email solutions at affordable prices since 2015.

We're happy to introduce our new API-first hosted email platform to LowEndTalk readers with an exciting offer.

Introducing the New Mail System (NMS)

The New Mail System (NMS) is an API-first hosted email platform from Mailcheap. It enables you to control every facet of an email system using the API, even the GUI is entirely built on top of it.

In addition to supporting SMTP, IMAP & POP protocols for sending/fetching emails, it also has native contacts (CardDAV) & calendaring (shareable, CalDAV) support, two-factor authentication (2FA) and an automatic migration feature (more on that below).

In essence, NMS allows complete programmatic access to email administration (via HTTPS API) and usage (through existing SMTP/IMAP/POP protocols), thereby providing seamless integration with your existing systems.

System features

• 100% API support for email administration
  • Responsive, modern HTML 5 front-end (GUI)
  • Multiple permission levels including MasterAdmin (dedicated servers), DomainAdmin and MailUser → more on this below
  • Automatic migration feature → more on this below
  • TOTP based two-factor authentication (2FA)
  • IMAP / POP / SMTP support
  • RAID protection & offsite data replication
  • Web-based data restoration
  • Geo-redundant dual backup MX
  • Complete control over your data with dedicated server: ability to backup calendaring/contacts data and email data.

Mail features

• Domains with Split Domain Routing (SDR), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), antispam thresholds and antispam whitelist/blacklist controls
  • Mailboxes
  • Aliases & forwards
  • Sender addresses
  • Domain aliases
  • Relay domains with antispam thresholds and antispam whitelist/blacklist controls
  • Import / export above items
  • Contacts (CardDAV)
  • Calendar (shareable, CalDAV)
  • Server-side message filters based on sieve
  • Server-side vacation autoreply based on sieve
  • AI spam filtering
  • Premium SMTP relay

Webmails

• Roundcube: default and recommended webmail with contacts (CardDAV) and calendar (CalDAV) support
  • Rainloop: alternate webmail

Permission levels

• MailUser is the permission level with ability to send and receive emails.
  • DomainAdmin administers all MailUsers of domains belonging to them.
  • MasterAdmin administers all admins & MailUsers and has access to server-wide configuration.

Automatic migration

Auto-migration enables you to migrate users and their emails without resetting passwords, importing them into the system manually or performing email data migration for each user

How it works

• Set up auto migration for a domain with your existing (source) IMAP server details
  • Your users can then sign up from the login page
  • The system checks their credentials with the source IMAP server, creates an account for them and migrates the emails

Offer :: Reseller Enterprise

RE-250

Unlimited domains | Unlimited users | 1 CPU, 2 GB RAM | 250 GB storage | WHMCS plugin
Offer price: $7 USD (recurring, 2 months)
Normal price: $30 USD
Promo code: 40GUQCNY8T
Order

Please check the resources below for more information.

Resources

Website | Features | Infrastructure | Demo | Comparison | Status/Uptime | Docs/FAQ | Help choosing the right product

Thanked by 2o_be_one lukesUbuntu

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Have you read the rules?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:
    Have you read the rules?

Gave it a re-read now. Sorry if I'm in violation of the recurring price rule. Could I get a one-time pass on that? Otherwise, feel free to delete the thread. No hard feelings, perhaps I would post it on Black Friday 😉

Pavin.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited May 2020

@mailcheap said:

@FAT32 said:
    Have you read the rules?

Gave it a re-read now. Sorry if I'm in violation of the recurring price rule. Could I get a one-time pass on that? Otherwise, feel free to delete the thread. No hard feelings, perhaps I would post it on Black Friday 😉

Pavin.

The title is also misleading, you're not offering it at 7$, you're offering it at 30$

After (almost) 4 years here one would think you'd already learnt

The title is also misleading, you're not offering it at 7$, you're offering it at 30$

I'm offering it for $7, for the first month 😀

Pavin.

• KindyKindy Member
    edited May 2020

Price not good.

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@mailcheap said:

I'm offering it for $7, for the first month 😀

Pavin.

Yea you clickbait people into thinking its 7$ recurring.

I don't expect LET to change its rules for me, so the offer is now recurring for 2 months. Give us a chance to serve you! 😉

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:
    I don't expect LET to change its rules for me, so the offer is now recurring for 2 months. Give us a chance to serve you! 😉

Pavin.

Fixed it for you :tongue:

@luissousa said:

@mailcheap said:

Pavin.

Fixed it for you :tongue:

Let sustainable businesses thrive on LET 😘

I wonder where @lowscamboxsad is? They were complaining about my last offer being an yearly one.

Pavin.

• pbxpbx Member

Hey, this is LET.

We all live by the motto: "not recurring = not a deal"

• vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2020

It's a great deal even without the promo.
    If you were looking for any other reseller mail solution with inbound and outbound filtering with decent ips you'd be paying way more than $30.

However rules are rules, I suggest you to maybe create a special plan like "RE-50" that's $7 a month that's not available on the normal pricing page and only sell it here at LET. (if that's sustainable that is)

Thanked by 3pbx mailcheap Ouji

@pbx said:
    Hey, this is LET.

We all live by the motto: "not recurring = not a deal"

How many recurring months or years would be truly recurring in the spirit of an LET deal? I've been in the hosting industry for 5 years but I realize there are people here with decades of experience in the hosting industry. Is a lifetime recurring deal sustainable with the value of currency itself depreciating at 4% YoY (average, USD)? In my humble opinion, it's not.

IME, the cost of computing (price/performance) has stayed the same or slightly increased in the last 5 years. We use SAS drives for email storage, those have certainly gone up in price, hard drive manufacturers are now introducing inferior SMR drives at the same price as good old conventional ones. I worry it's not long before they charge extra for "enterprise" CMR drives while SMR becomes the de-facto standard for anyone not willing to pay the markup. The same 💩 they've been doing with ECC and non-ECC RAM for years now, costs them the same to manufacture both so why does non-ECC RAM even exist today?

Pavin.

• alot of mimimi in here!

@vovler said:
    It's a great deal even without the promo.
    If you were looking for any other reseller mail solution with inbound and outbound filtering with decent ips you'd be paying way more than $30.

Thank you, we strive hard to provide a great service that is cheap, fast, and good. Took us almost 5 years to get what some call the impossible combination, right. You could say it was the driving force behind the creation of the new mail system (NMS).

However rules are rules, I suggest you to maybe create a special plan like "RE-50" that's $7 a month that's not available on the normal pricing page and only sell it here at LET. (if that's sustainable that is)

The rules on LET are non-existent for a mail provider like us. LEB at least has a $30 USD offer limit for managed services. But an RE-250 mail server is not just a managed VPS running our core mail software, it's a whole ecosystem of services which include separate, redundant infra for inbound spam/virus filtering, outbound spam/virus filtering & relays, queuing relays, offsite backup/restoration, batch migration tools, etc.

The current rules for VPS/dedicated servers themselves are vague at best (regarding the number of times of recurrence), at worst, they incentivize providers to renege on the recurring price at a later time when the price is unsustainable. Legally, I doubt any provider has a clause stating they would provide service at the same price forever (other than the agreed upon contract period), so isn't a recurring LET deal simply a vague promise with no legal/contractual obligation? If customers really wanted a locked-in price, they would buy the product for a longer contract period, say an year, and have guaranteed price for 1 year.

All this is to say now that we've found the right combination of price/performance/features, and as long as I'm running Mailcheap I won't be doing unsustainable recurring deals or lifetime offers, those are for companies who plan to take people's money and deadpool at some point in the future.

Pavin.

Thanked by 2o_be_one vovler
  • pbxpbx Member

mailcheap said: How many recurring months or years would be truly recurring in the spirit of an LET deal? I've been in the hosting industry for 5 years but I realize there are people here with decades of experience in the hosting industry. Is a lifetime recurring deal sustainable with the value of currency itself depreciating at 4% YoY (average, USD)? In my humble opinion, it's not.

Well, the recurring deal can be "not that cheap" i.e. be sustainable. Short term deals so that you can put a very low price as title of your thread is misleading. If your deal is 30$/m fine, no problem. If so why would you feel the need to write "7$" in its title?

• lpnlpn Member

@mailcheap said:

The rules on LET are non-existent for a mail provider like us. LEB at least has a $30 USD offer limit for managed services. But an RE-250 mail server is not just a managed VPS running our core mail software, it's a whole ecosystem of services which include separate, redundant infra for inbound spam/virus filtering, outbound spam/virus filtering & relays, queuing relays, offsite backup/restoration, batch migration tools, etc.

The real price of $30/mo perhaps is worth the service you provide, but as a potential customer reading your statement above I am wondering which other rules are non-existent for a mail provider like you?

• The deal looks good and I'm definitely interested in it as an addon for some of my premium hosting and server packages. We work with a lot of customers that deal with sensitive data and are insistent on it staying within the European Union due to GDPR. Do you have any way to make sure mail is only routed through your European servers? Like for example G Suite and Sparkpost do.

@AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:
    The deal looks good and I'm definitely interested in it as an addon for some of my premium hosting and server packages. We work with a lot of customers that deal with sensitive data and are insistent on it staying within the European Union due to GDPR. Do you have any way to make sure mail is only routed through your European servers? Like for example G Suite and Sparkpost do.

Thank you for your interest in Mailcheap.

Do you have any way to make sure mail is only routed through your European servers?

By default, all servers and auxiliary services (relays, backups, etc.) are located in the EU (incl. RE-250 plan). We offer location-specific dedicated servers as well, some of which are located outside the EU.

Pavin.

• @mailcheap said:

The deal looks good and I'm definitely interested in it as an addon for some of my premium hosting and server packages. We work with a lot of customers that deal with sensitive data and are insistent on it staying within the European Union due to GDPR. Do you have any way to make sure mail is only routed through your European servers? Like for example G Suite and Sparkpost do.

Thank you for your interest in Mailcheap.

Do you have any way to make sure mail is only routed through your European servers?

By default, all servers and auxiliary services (relays, backups, etc.) are located in the EU (incl. RE-250 plan). We offer location-specific dedicated servers as well, some of which are located outside the EU.

Pavin.

Perfect! I guess you got yourself a new customer then. :)

Thanked by 1mailcheap

Perfect! I guess you got yourself a new customer then. :)

Thank you, appreciate your custom :smile:

@pbx said:

mailcheap said: How many recurring months or years would be truly recurring in the spirit of an LET deal? I've been in the hosting industry for 5 years but I realize there are people here with decades of experience in the hosting industry. Is a lifetime recurring deal sustainable with the value of currency itself depreciating at 4% YoY (average, USD)? In my humble opinion, it's not.

Well, the recurring deal can be "not that cheap" i.e. be sustainable. Short term deals so that you can put a very low price as title of your thread is misleading. If your deal is 30$/m fine, no problem. If so why would you feel the need to write "7$" in its title?

I agree it may come off as clickbait-y but it's not misleading. The offer is for $7 after all, the offer price is stated as per the rules, the number of times it recurs, and the price after the recurring offer expires is also stated, which is not required by the rules but I wanted to be certain that there would be no confusion for a potential buyer. I'm not a betting man but still I'm willing to bet a fair amount of money that were I intent on misleading, and had I not put up those information myself, no one would've noticed and I could've actually misled a potential buyer (which I would never do).

Pavin.

@lpn said:

@mailcheap said:

The real price of $30/mo perhaps is worth the service you provide, but as a potential customer reading your statement above I am wondering which other rules are non-existent for a mail provider like you?

Perhaps I needed to be more specific, but the rules for selling on LET are non-existent for a mail provider. I understand this is predominantly a VPS/dedicated/shared hosting forum and mail hosting is a very small part of the larger hosting community. But still, it would've taken the guesswork out of conforming the pricing to a VPS offer (limited at $7 recurring as per the rules on VPS offers) if there was a section on mail offers.

Pavin.

• Can the title be amended? 7$ is giving this post more exposure than it should.

Thanked by 2pbx hyperblast

@sundaymouse said:
    Can the title be amended? 7$ is giving this post more exposure than it should.

Naughty mouse 😘

Pavin.

• hzrhzr Member

mailcheap said: How many recurring months or years would be truly recurring in the spirit of an LET deal?

Until you deadpool.

Thanked by 1mailcheap

@hzr said:

mailcheap said: How many recurring months or years would be truly recurring in the spirit of an LET deal?

Until you deadpool.

Good sir, we should be more discreet. The FBI is listening.

Pavin.