Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot cancel OVH VPS in Singapore!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cannot cancel OVH VPS in Singapore!

peixotormspeixotorms Member
edited May 2020 in Help

Hi,

I was wondering if someone else have experienced this and knows how to solve it.

I ordered a vps service from @OVH_APAC to do some quick tests and see if it's worth to continue. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations, so I tried to cancel it via the control panel and realized it was impossible.

I opened a ticket with them and after 8 days, their answer was to go and try the API as they cannot do anything... and let's not talk about how I completely missed any email notification about their reply, because all their mails land on the spam folder and don't even reach my device.

But I'm not here to complain about support... I need to ask if anyone ever experienced this and how was it sorted out:

error 1

https://i.imgur.com/M7hp8mp.png

error 2

https://i.imgur.com/Cq4HTm9.png

error 4

https://i.imgur.com/NZhs0M6.png

error 3

https://i.imgur.com/5qMs7qk.png

There is absolutely nowhere else where I can cancel, and today it's one month and I got charged on PayPal for the pro rating amount, because we have a billing agreement.

I can start a dispute via PayPal but if anyone knows how to solve this, please let me know.

Comments

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

Simply cancel paypal subscription? that should help I suppose.

• zenkizenki Member

Same issue happened with me. The VPS did terminate, but they still 'billed' me, I didn't have a payment method but the due balance stayed on the account, I tried telling them multiple times and my ticket about it has been open without a reply for 2 months, but thats OVH I guess.

I would say just cancel the subscription on PayPal.

• You should be able to turn the auto renewal off in the panel, or just cancel the subscription/billing agreement in paypal.

If you create a paypal dispute then don’t expect to be able to use OVH again in the future.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • l2o88jl2o88j Member

You can delete it by clicking on the vps service. Click on 3 dots near name. Select delete vps. That should do the trick.

Or else you can do this with their api. The response pasted below is got from ovh support

You should have the possibility to manage the renewal of your services via our API.

Here is the procedure to do so:
    1. Head to the OVH API for North America: https://ca.api.ovh.com/.
    2. Click on “Explore the OVH API”.
    3. Connect to the API using the same credentials as for the OVH Manager. (Top right corner)
    4. Go to this API link: https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/vps/{serviceName}/serviceInfos#PUT

-Enter vps-87edb3ab.vps.ovh.ca as serviceName * (e.g.)
    -Check "manualPayment"*
    -1 as period

Thanked by 1bloodyprince
  • darvildarvil Member

I suggest you just give them a call. I get things done by calling.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The option to cancel is available if you do let VM to expire, the OVH automatically will terminate the service.

• @peixotorms said:
    I ordered a vps service from @OVH_APAC to do some quick tests and see if it's worth to continue. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations, so I tried to cancel it via the control panel and realized it was impossible.

I am curious to know what expectations it would be?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello @peixotorms,

I have requested our products team to check your case and make some UI improvements.
    In the mean time, you can simply cancel your VPS from the VPS dashboard

Thanked by 2vimalware malikshi
  • @OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @peixotorms,

Thank you very much. That seemed to work.
    It shows as "You have cancelled your services. You will be sent a confirmation email in the next few minutes. Please contact our support team if you have any further queries." after receiving an email and confirming it.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Honestly the entire CP is due for an overhaul.

• @jonesolutions said:

Equivalent performance to digitalocean, vultr, linode, upcloud... etc for a start.
    IP's that are properly geolocated. Mine was for Canada which caused me to get blocked on some api services that require the request to be done from Singapore.
    I understand it can be updated... but I don't need to wait with the other providers and they are also slightly cheaper.

I was hopping network would be better as well, as I need a singapore wireguard vpn for my business needs and some work.

The control panel especially, was disappointing.

It's not a bad service overall and no complains about the hardware.
    But the support and control panel forcing me to install google authenticator almost on every page view... no thanks. It should be my choice, not imposed.

• When dealing with OVH I suggest sending all tickets in French. That way they get dealt with. I had a helluva time trying to cancel a vps I had with them 2 years ago.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @peixotorms said:

@jonesolutions said:

Equivalent performance to digitalocean, vultr, linode, upcloud... etc for a start.

Maybe you are looking for Cloud? You need to check the public cloud instead. That will give you dedicated resources.

• akhfaakhfa Member

Ovh is good for resource, acceptable response time for dedicated server, but I agree the panel can be improved a lot, not only the interface, but also it is very slow compared to competitors panel

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited May 2020

Can confirm. This new panel is absolute shit. I was able to cancel it by deleting it and then selecting for it to die at the end of the billing period. Nothing about this panel is intuitive. For example if you upgrade a VPS an order is created and even though it says you were billed you aren't until you manually navigate the shit panel to where the orders are and actually go through it to pay (and if you don't do it quickly enough the order gets canceled).