Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help to start domain and hosting company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need help to start domain and hosting company

Can some help with an exhaustive step by step to start a domain and hosting company, if you have a tutorial please help with it.

Comments

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Uh, this isn't going to end well, neither will this topic

Thanked by 2o_be_one taubin
  • knack technologies... haha.

• pbxpbx Member

1 go to lowendtalk.com
    2 buy any CC hosted VPS (three year deals are the best)
    3 grab a nulled whmcs from TPB
    4 install your panel of choice
    5 relax and enjoy the summer

Thanked by 2james50a kalimov622
  • RackNerd

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • defaultdefault Veteran

The end is nigh on this one.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    RackNerd

Thanks for the mention :)

I'd love to help!
    Feel free to email [email protected] - I'll be sure to provide you with assistance, as well as an awesome offer.

An awesome KVM offer: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=57
    An awesome shared hosting offer: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=100
    An awesome reseller hosting offer: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=101

Looking for something more custom? Or perhaps a dedicated server? Just get in touch.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

Maybe for you an AIO solution fits best?

https://www.resellerspanel.com/
    Not the best, but easy to get started as Website, payment and provisioning is being taken care of. Can even start out for free.

Otherwhise check out my signature for reseller comparison.

• LeviLevi Member

pbx said: 3 grab a nulled whmcs from TPB

There is nulled WHMCS on the Bay?

Thanked by 1pbx
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@knackm_com said:
    Can some help with an exhaustive step by step to start a domain and hosting company, if you have a tutorial please help with it.

I'd advise you to first work though the "5 easy steps to fly to Jupiter and back at 70% of c" tutorial created by the is-warp-speed-feasible group at the Boston mental asylum.

More seriously: What's your budget? I'm asking because it's a significant difference between starting a domain and web hosting business with a budget of about 70$ or a budget of 200$ - 250$.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

On a serious note how important is cloudlinux? Could user based isolation be enough? Seems like some folks in germany are selling froxlor based shared hosting... if this kind of isolation is enough (for security) it would be easy to setup a full free software solution and only recurring monthly cost would be a dedi of VPS.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@pbx said:
    On a serious note how important is cloudlinux? Could user based isolation be enough? Seems like some folks in germany are selling froxlor based shared hosting... if this kind of isolation is enough (for security) it would be easy to setup a full free software solution and only recurring monthly cost would be a dedi of VPS.

There are established hosts that (probably) don't use (or advertise) it. It has its' advantages still.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @knackm_com said:

Contrary to everyone believe here, it's actually quite easy.

I recommend buying reseller from @Francisco or @HostMantis

They have cpanel / directadmin and comes with free Blesta. For the domain there are a lot of domain reseller out there.

That's it. You don't need to be expert, you don't even need to know how to manage your server. It's very easy. You just need money / capital. I would say $200 is enough.

Although, selling it, is entirely different matter.

Thanked by 2Francisco HostMantis
  • hosteasihosteasi Member
    edited May 2020

1. Purchase a .com domain from porkbun for

2. Purchase a €14.99 VPS from contabo (240GB SSD, 60GB RAM, Shared CPU)

3. Get a shared cpanel license (lookup shared cpanel license, you will find one)

4. Get a cracked copy of WHMCS, Dont download a cracked copy instead get a clean copy then go into the license.php file and get the cracked one readily available on github.

5. Install worpdress on your main site, get a cheap or cracked theme online (themeforest does good themes, you can also find them cheap or cracked online)

6. Install and spend 2 weeks getting everything perfect.

7. Enjoy your earnings.

Thanked by 2o_be_one serversHQ
  • @hosteasi said:

3. Get a shared cpanel license (lookup shared cpanel license, you will find one)

4. Get a cracked copy of WHMCS, Dont download a cracked copy instead get a clean copy then go into the license.php file and get the cracked one readily available on github.

5. Install worpdress on your main site, get a cheap or cracked theme online (themeforest does good themes, you can also find them cheap or cracked online)

7. Enjoy your earnings.

I don't know if you are being serious or sarcastic.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @hosteasi said:

7. Enjoy your earnings.

Nice way to introduce someone to the piracy game.

• This will end well.

• They should definitely make a game about it.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

This seems to be a trend nowdays. Need to make some tutorial for this.

Thanked by 2RedSox o_be_one
  • MrEdMrEd Member

Summer is comming...

• I guess it's almost summer.

• @TheKiller said:

@hosteasi said:

7. Enjoy your earnings.

Nice way to introduce someone to the piracy game.

I know it is always nice to introduce people to cheap piracy way :D :D

• @yokowasis said:

@hosteasi said:

7. Enjoy your earnings.

I don't know if you are being serious or sarcastic.

Sarcastic but some of the steps apply, NOT steps: 3, 4, 5 but the rest should work if you are smart with your time and have somewhat of a budget.

• @pbx said:

Very important for automatically issuing clients with specified account limitations like ram, cpu power etc it is also great for individually changing the clients limits if they purchase more ram or something like that.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Buy domain at namesilo or porkbun
    2. Get $2 hosting acct at buyshared
    3. Get 2nd $2 hosting at buyshared

you are now a global hosting company with 2 sites in vegas and lux
    4. Add 3rd site with hostmantis for singapore (cheap way to eliminate barrage of tickets/message/posts regarding when will you have an Asian location
    5. Add 4th site for virginia so East coast users don't make countless requests for something closer to them.

So now you are still less than 10 bucks a month

1. Add a Ramnode reseller in Atlanta - keeps the south happy and wipes out all the south america requests for better ping.

Your company - 15/month or less and minimize request volume/random post volume.

As you make sales, renew for longer periods and you wont get hit with cash crunch. When volume is large then go the VPS route. Until then use reseller as it gives you someone to do tech support resolution. Keeps overhead and time low so you don't have to skip out on your real job to answer tickets. Just make a request of your vendor to fix emergent issues.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited May 2020

Creating a hosting company is really very simple!

1. Start off by purchasing a cheap vps. Uptime SLA's and high-specs? Nah, those are dumb. A good option is Contabo which we all know is the best host, so that you can cram as many servers as possible.

2. Linux knowledge? That's not needed for a host! Just go find an installer, it'll just do the work for you.

3. Get a cheap domain off of namecheap. Renewal costs don't matter, it won't last more than a year.

4. Get a free website template and make it look sketchy, but not too sketchy. Make sure that you use stock images.

5. Then go onto google, search up nulled WHMCS and click the first link that looks legit.

6. Launch on the first day of summer. Anything before then is not acceptable.

7. Then you're ready to go! Install a VPN and create a few LET accounts, make sure to send your host whenever someone asks for a host. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be relevant to the thread.

8. Most importantly, enjoy your summer! If someone needs support they can just figure it out themselves, pretend like you have a life and say you're on "vacation".

9. After around 2-3 months you're done, shut down the host and make up some reason related to server issues.

I'm pretty sure I covered everything, let me know if there is anything I'm missing!

This is obviously satire, please don't ban me :cry:

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

knackm_com said: exhaustive step by step

It's been done:

https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Managing-First-Clients-Hosting/dp/1448656761

It's a little out of date, but it's not like you're going to be successful anyway.

What's that, don't want to pay $47 for it? Guess you weren't very serious...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Purchase VPS from any provider for the experiment so you can learn web hosting, Linux, etc.

• Read a tutorial on how to install cPanel, How to manage it.
    • Install DirectAdmin, Learn how to configure it, and create a domain.
    • Read a tutorial on hosting/reseller hosting.

After you learn it properly, Be active in the forum and help to resolve tech-related issues.

Finally, Buy a good domain name. Purchase hosting billing software like WHMCS, Blesta, HostBill, or ClientExec whichever you like.

Then purchase hosting theme from readymade theme seller like ThemeForest, etc., Purchase reseller hosting instead of VPS because of investing too much in starting is not good.

I know many tricks to run a successful hosting company.

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited May 2020

HOLY SHIT

HE'S HERE

EDIT: EVERYONE, RUN!